Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Help me pick....

14 posts, 9 members
jalb88
121 posts
A Mac lipstick colour!!
My friend is currently in the US and has offered to pic me up some makeup while shes there. As Mac lippies are significantly cheaper there I've decided I'm going to get one. I just need help picking a colour. I really want a dark purple like Pure Heroine. As this was discontinued, I'm looking at getting maybe Heroine or Smoked Purple....What do you guys think? Has anyone got any swatches of these or other purple lippies in the Mac range? So not sure what to get!! Thankyouuuu
kirstyj
1732 posts
Have a look at Rebel as well. It is one of my favourite MAC lippys because it looks great dabbed on lightly and fantastic on thicker. However it is more of a purple-y red-y pink-ish shade so might not be what you are after. (google swatches if you are interested but make sure to look at the skintone of the person wearing)
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I second Rebel, personally! It's stunning. 
Macs
5351 posts
I recon the Heroine, its the closest you can get.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Iv also heard amazing things about rebel, but havent tried it for myself. Google is my best friend when it comes to swatches, so i would say have a look on there
Jesse
745 posts
I have Pure Heroine and I'd probably go for Heroine too. I've considered buying it because Heroine is such a pretty colour. I've heard Pure Heroine is based on a combo of Heroine and Cyber, you could always try applying Heroine over a darker lippy.
Macs
5351 posts
Let us know what you picked too.
jalb88
121 posts
Still deciding tehe. I think I'm leaning towards smoked purple as I want a black based one (I have a lot of red and pinky lippies), just need to see it on a pale skinned gal like me to see if it will suit !! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I have Diva-ish and I love it, but it's a red/pink so probably not what you want :) I'm dead keen to play with Rebel and Heroine myself after reading this thread!
[color=#291b29]Pure Heroine :)[/color]
jalb88
121 posts
@kelzbelz sorry I can't see what your trying to post haha, can you post it again?!
shazatron101
5112 posts
She's telling you to get Pure Heroine :P 
Macs
5351 posts
I want that Pure Heroine too. Its not as pinky as the Heroine, still a bit deep to. Id buy that one.
jalb88
121 posts
hahaha thanks ladies :) I thought pure heroine was a limited edition one though? So won't be able to buy in store?

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!