Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Help For a noob

21 posts, 11 members
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I just made an instagram which is going to be dedicated to my beauty hauls, and things of that nature. But honestly, as a newbie to instgram im finding it a little confusing. Like, how do i repost a photo? is that a dumb question, can you even repost a photo? Any help would be appreciated x

Macs
5351 posts
I screenshoot the photo, then repost. I haven't figured out how to repost the other way yet.I will be watching out for this thread. 
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Ah so im not the only one :D Totally going to find your instgram and follow you too! I have to say it's handy with BR having those links on peoples profiles 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
There's nothing as simple as a repost or share button on Instagram. You need a 'regram' app to repost. That way it will also acknowledge where you are reposting it from.  I use an app called 'quick save' but there are a few you can choose from. 
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Thankyou so much worldofsooziewongthat makes sense! I'll download the app you use, and thanks for that! Any other helpful tips you could offer about instagram :D
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
You're very welcome. I only started using Instagram this year so I'm still learning myself!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
it appears that I'm still learning when it comes to posting here too lol. 
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Welcome to the world of Instagram! I love it! What's your IG name so we can come follow you! *stalkerlife*

Something that has been a lifesaver for me is the NoCrop app. Whenever you upload photos to Instagram it will always crop your photo, whether you want it cropped or not, so this app ensures the photo you want uploaded is what gets uploaded. It also has a collage function and allsorts going on :)

SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Oh the no crop function sounds good Sarah. Although if I am taking a photo specifically for IG, I will use the square setting on my phone/iPad and try and work within the frame. The collage maker apps are fun. I also got really into doing the photo a day challenge for awhile. 
kirstyj
1732 posts
I love instagram! I think it is my favourite form of social media. I love the ability to take a snapshot of your life and put it up. It is like a collection of all the good things :) I especially like being able to look back on my feed and see all the cool things I have done or taken pictures of... mainly it turns in to a feed of my dog though (but she is pretty cute). I love all the apps for playing around with your photos. My fav is 'A Beautiful Mess' but I think that one cost money. Other favourites are picstitch and photocollage. Also if one app doesn't do the sort of collage or frame you want, don't pay more money. Just download another free app :)
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
So glad posted this thread! I just downloaded some apps, and it seems to make it a lot easier! My instagram is BinaryBeauty (https://instagram.com/binarybeauty/)  but be warned, i only just made it so its a little empty x in a week il have it looking a bit better. I have a feeling im going to become addicited to instagram! Il follow you ladies to x
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Most of my pics are of my cat. He gets the most likes too lol. 
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
haha im not suprised, i love cat pictures!
trudijoy
8375 posts
The girls have covered it :) welcome to the addictive world of IG x just followed you ;)
ladythorn
108 posts
I love Instagram, so much inspiration on there! And it's really exciting getting new likes & new followers. You'll have it down in no time, it's really quite basic once you get the hang of it. I am following you now, so I can't wait to see your images! <3
george
150 posts
Welcome to Instagram! I'm absolutely addicted to it. Am just about to follow you xx
SandieNZ
424 posts
I really should try and work out what instagram is! lol
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Love IG!
Kirsty j never thought of it like that before. Perfect though!
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
SandieNZ yes you do!
Lutece
1849 posts
Welcome to the world of instagram! You will get the hang of it easy and the wonderful ladies have covered what you need to do, I will be stalking you! My son has been seeing how Im on instagram quite often and has learnt to double tap things haha!
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Thanks for all your help everyone x and thanks for following me too! It will motivate me to put some images up asap :D Plus, BR also posted a instagram article yesterday (i think it was) and that was helpful aswell! Instagram here i come x

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!