Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Headache Remedies

19 posts, 11 members
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Evening lovelies xx I'm a massive fan of Badger Balm Headache Soother but am about to run out and don't really need anything else from iHerb to warrant making an order.

What remedies, natural preferably, do use or a product that you find really works? I'm back studying tomorrow and tend to get lots of headaches due to stress and lack of sleep so need to have on hand xx Thanks heaps xx
MareeB
5239 posts
Hi mumof3minchkins I use rosemary oil for headches. i also rub it on my throat if my thyroid starts to inflame - it works like a charm!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Oh wow, that sounds good hun, do you mean Rosemary essential oil? I have some of that x Thanks heaps will give it a go. Do you just add it neat?
Macs
5351 posts
I don't have a product to reccomend, but I like to use oil and give myself a gentle head and scalp massage. It just eases the pain slightly.
Jesse
745 posts
Does coffee count? I take a more medicinal route to headaches so I don't have an otherwise natural product recommendation unfortunately, I'm a water, 2 coffees + 2 paracetamol + 2 ibuprofen kinda girl.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
He he he Jesse x Unfortunately I find coffee makes it worse. I can only take panadeine as Nurofen makes me feel sick and paracetamol I find doesn't work. I'm so awkward lol, but thanks hun xx
bronjenks
253 posts
Arent headaches just a symptom of being a student??  I would suggest more water and like Macs says, a good temple massage.  I have been taking Maxigesic which is not very natural but if I take it as soon as I start to feel a niggle it seems to do the trick... most of the time. 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
A head massage, a cold wheat pack and painkillers are my remedies. I must try the badger remedy one day.
Rezee
1964 posts
Oh no, I hate headaches! 
I usually do what jesse does but since that wont work, I would keep your water up and take little breaks so you can kind of unwind if possible. 
Lutece
1849 posts
Oh no!!! Thats not good hun! I would recommend Nuromol but it has nurofen in it.

Also hand massages work wonders for stress and makes you sleepy, if you can find someone to do this before you get a nights rest.

I do this thing (it sounds silly) when I have a tension headache and I wrap a scarf around my head and tie it for 10 minutes and undo it, most times its enough to get me through the rest of my day

xxx
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Mumof3munchkins take some coke or tea instead with the pain killer of choice. Caffeine dilates the blood vessels aparently.
Can you pick up badger balm at your local health store instead?
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Thanks lovelies, and yes the joys of being a student lol. It's my last year this year and then I graduate so not long to to go now.

That's another reason why I love the Badger Balm because I massage it into my temples and sore points and it really does take the pressure away, but not available in shops as far as I know as I usually buy it super cheap on iHerb. Will definitely increase my water intake too xxx
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
That's definitely interesting Lutece, will give that a try too xx
chikoboo
3402 posts
The best fast remedy I have used is to stick your feet into warm water and place a packet of frozen peas on the back of your neck, sounds odd but the heat on your feet draws the blood there where the coldness pushes it away so you elevate the build up sensation in your head and the ache stops.  Takes a couple of minutes but it is very effective and you can actually feel the headache ebb away slowly this works wonders on migranes too
Julieal
915 posts
Peppermint oil is really good if you massage either back of your neck or forhead -It seems to relax the tension.
Julieal
915 posts
Peppermint oil is really good if you massage either back of your neck or forehead -It seems to relax the tension.
MareeB
5239 posts
Sorry I'm late comng back! yep, rosemary essential oil rubbed straight on the skin. I used to burn peppermint oil in a burner and put some in the bath when I used to exercise a lot, so it might be helpful for burning while you're studying - just to keep yourself relaxed. I studied by correspondence for 8 years and could easily stress myself out when home alone and trying to push as hard as I could to get things done.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Thanks Mareebros will definitely give that a go. Apart from headlice remedies I've always struggled to find a use for rosemary essential oil. Now I have one, thanks heaps hun x
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Thanks chikoboo and julieal, will give those a go too. They sound just as good x

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!