Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Have you ever used up an entire lipstick

39 posts, 35 members
chikoboo
3402 posts
As I was applying my NYX butter lipstick in Mary Jane which is my favourite red and the butter formula really helps at this time of the year when my lips start to dry out for Autumn.  I realised that I only have a little nub of the lipstick left and it shocked me, as I don't think I have ever thrown away a lipstick because it was completely empty, I mean I have thrown them away because they have dried up and gone useless.  So it got me thinking has anyone else never thrown a lipstick away because it was empty?
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Lipgloss, yes. Lipstick, no. I've never gone through an entire one before. I will be throwing out an "empty" L'Oreal one very soon but that's because 3/4s of it is on my bedroom wall and smooshed into my pillow, courtesy of my 2 1/2 year old brother. 
Macs
5351 posts
I've got a couple of has beens lip balms. I start one. Halfway through buy another one start that one. As for lipsticks I still have my first one from my first Beauty Box. I don't think I've ever gone through a lipstick to the end. I keep starting a new one.
Rezee
1964 posts
No I never have. 
ive actually set myself a challenge to use one up this month though. I picked a revlon lip butter which is so easy to wear and isn't long wearing so I should be able to use it all up.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I started wearing lipstick in January of this year, so no lol.

I'm anticipating using a couple up this year hehe
Koni
444 posts
MAC Lush Amber - Limited Edition. It was a very sad day haha.
MareeB
5244 posts
No, I use more lip gloss than lipstick too !!
Jesse
745 posts
Chi Chi Viva la Diva in Flirt, was my favourite everyday lippy, and Australis Mineral Colour Inject lippy in Salsa, my favourite bright :)
1139 posts
Actually no, which is weird because I've been wearing lipstick everyday for almost two years now... maybe I just own too many lipsticks haha
AmandaJane
1147 posts
You've made me think now, no I don't think I ever have, just thrown them away like you mentioned because I've had them for so long and rarely wear makeup. That's changing now though :)
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
I am ALMOST out of MAC Creme Cup, which is my go-to lipstick for mixing with lipliners and other lipsticks. I will be repurchasing but will have to wait as I don't live near a MAC store and don't want to do a Youshop order for a single lipstick. xx 
kirstyj
1732 posts
Yes I have! One of my MAC ones I used up... but I have no idea what shade it was now. Might have been Syrup. Don't mind though because at least with MAC you can Back2MAC it :)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Once I used a lippy up years ago. I used to use up glosses now I keep buying before I use things even 5 times. Shopping addict here. Or maybe easily enabled
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Good question! I haven't yet - but I am close to finishing my very favourite red lipstick - Chi Chi's Exhibitionist. I will replace it when it runs out with a Farmers voucher I have been saving to use this for (so I don't break my no spend hehe). 
nemesisroxx
506 posts
Nope I havent! I've only recently started using lippy because of BR and you ladies! I do go through a lot of lip balms though lol
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I hear you on the lip balms, Nem!
simone94
191 posts
I have used up an entire lipstick once, it was a revlon lip butter in the shade cotton candy, i repurchased it but now hardly ever use it. With around 50 lipsticks in my collection at the moment I do need to focus on a couple to use them up.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I was thinking about this the other day, and feeling very guilty due to that fact i think i have never actually finished a makeup product. Hopefully after more thinking, i can come up with some things i have finished, but lipstick will not be one of them since i only got into lipstick in the last year and my addicition is fast growing at a faster pace than what i can use them at
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Not that I can remember, I lose them before I finish them normally. It's the same with lip gloss.
Kimrose
1419 posts
I have actually used up 2 whole lipsticks and they were the same colour! My absolute favs, Revlons colorburst Lip Butter in Brown Sugar.
Cat
474 posts
Never finished a lippy before, but I would love to as I'd feel awesome! Lip balms I finish all the time though, I'm very protective of my balms (I'm like it with all my stuff actually lol) so don't lose them, and since I use them all the time I go thru heaps! 
Sylvia
149 posts
Nope, never finished a lippy, although I have a couple that are more than half gone - maybe I'll finish them this year. I definitely use up lip balm all the time though, as it's a daily essential for me (I don't usually wear lippy every day, as much as I love it). :)
janini9
341 posts
No, I keep buying more and get rid of the ones that don't suit me or I don't like. However, I am always going through my favourite glosses.
-Bex-
611 posts
I have often thought this. Never finished a lipstick. Lip gloss yes. lip balm is like freaking bobby pins with me use it once or twice and then it's gone forever I go from having more than i know what to do with them to saving my last one before it eventually gets "carefully put away" to never be found again 
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I only bought my first lippy last year and have realised I'm not much of a lippy girl, I much prefer natural, subtle hints of colour with a bit of shine as my lips are just too thin to pull off most of the lippys I purchased. I do however love my MAC lippy in Modesty, it's the perfect creamy nude for me so I try to use it most days with the intent of using it up this year :)
Ngahew
152 posts
Ive never ever finished a lippy to the bottom...they normally die a horrid death prior to that...but then more are reborn!
NYNB
1 posts
Not that I can think of, I've only ever finished a lip balm ???? although i think my YSL sheer candy will get finished .... Eventually. It's similar to a lip balm with a tint but it's not as moisturising as I hoped it would be :( 
Mila
1209 posts
I don't think I've ever managed to finish a lipstick before having to throw it out actually im not even sure I've totally ever finished a lip balm before misplacing it ! :)
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
yes I have and do I have lots off lipsticks and sometimes I toss them as I get sick off them or they just don't completely do it for me, or get tacky just been around to long. But then my favourite Elizabeth Arden perfect cinnamon ah I find I stick my lip bush into the container to get very last bit out and there's a lot lurking down the depths off those tubes :) and when I run out I buy another 
Kia
550 posts
Is it weird that this is on my bucket list? To finish a tube of lipstick?? I havent yet, but I'm halfway through one, it's by Wet n wild in the colour cinnamon spice! 
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I've only finish deluxe sample sized lipsticks. I have another two that are so close! It just takes so long to use up coloured products.
lucym2
5 posts
There should be a prize at the bottom of the tube for those dedicated enough to finish their lipsticks :P I've never been close!
lucym2
5 posts
There should be a prize at the bottom of the tube for those dedicated enough to finish their lipsticks :P I've never been close!
Sylvia
149 posts
haha lucym2 - that's a brilliant idea!
StayClassy-xo
240 posts
I don't think I ever have :o although I recently noticed I'm very close to the bottom of Revlon Primrose which is a favourite of mine.  And same as Chelsea, my Mac Cremecup get's used a lot too.  
RC
162 posts
I'm not a lippy girl, so wouldnt normally get close to using one up, BUT I did get to the end of a MAC Russian Red because I left it in the sun and it melted EVERYWHERE. Only lippy I've repurchased :)
Ngahew
152 posts
Oh yes...there should totally be a prize at the bottom of it...saying well done!! Hehe

Its now on my bucket list to finish one also...I get a bit bored but the wero has been placed...time to accept the challenge hehe
N\o, I have never finished a lipstick.  Lip balm, definitely  :-)
tannygirl
3392 posts
I have finish lip balms and chapsticks. I do want to finish off a lippy. One of my lipsticks melted somehow so I am project panning that off, that's when I discovered lip brushes.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!