Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Happy Queens Birthday

28 posts, 16 members
MareeB
5241 posts
I hope you are having a wonderful Queens Birthday. I watched a couple of docos today and her birthday celebrations last night. What an amazing woman, and an inspiration to us all!
Emily-jane
314 posts
Happy long weekend Maree :) Isn't she amazing at 90 and 64 years of those as a Queen!
anyone pick up and good deals being queens birthday weekend?
Macs
5351 posts
Happy Long weekend to you Maree. Its been a busy weekend for me. I hope your weekend went well. 
MareeB
5241 posts
Apparently she stays away from bread, rice and pasta, eats only seasonal food (as much from her own garden as possible) but likes to eat butter and cream when she's entertaining! All I can think is (groan) Are we still going to be dieting at 90 years old? (NOOOO!!!!) I admire her tenacity, she is amazing!
shazatron101
5112 posts
My day has been average - packing, doing housework, being hangry and if the man doesn't pull his head out of his rear end I'll be even angrier! 

However. Roast pork is on, veges are roasting next to it, and I have ice cream for afterwards, and the fire is roaring. Tis not all bad :-) Hope you've had a fantastic day Maree x
Head Pixie
569 posts
Shaz, I'm coming to your house for dinner! YUM!! 

My oven is bung at the moment. Temp control bung. Hinges bung. No roasts or lamb shanks or anything that takes longer that forty-five minutes to cook for HP. What I would do for roast pork with plenty of crackling... ok, now I'm hangry, hahahahaha.
MareeB
5241 posts
Oh Shaz, if I was nearby I'd pop in for tea!!!
Macs
5351 posts
I can't see myself dieting at that age. I would love to grow veges and flowers with my partner when we get old. He has a green thumb and can make seeds flourish . I watched a doco of oprah staying at the queens palace. Her butler had everything nicely arranged even down to her luggage. Everything was wrapped nicely. I think her style is classic and timeless. 
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Our Queen has seen a lot in her life, I think the grandkids keep her young now.
All quiet today, didn't even bother with housework maybe tomorrow with some laundry tonight since work is tomorrow.

Shazatron I miss having a fire, apartment living doesn't let you have those.
Rezee
1964 posts
Oh wow, dieting at 90. I suppose at that age, you wouldn't need a huge intake of food? And what she is doing is obviously working as she is a very 'young' 90.  We haven't done much here, had a bit of a fight with my partner last night (we are both stressed), so didn't really feel in the mood to do anything. The kids were being little 'darlings' so that didn't help either! School and kindy tomorrow, I'm looking forward to that.
MareeB
5241 posts
Oh Macs, I'd love to spend a week at the palace! I'd love to see Buckingham Palace (from the inside of course!) and all of the other palaces come to think of it! The queen must have a huge wardrobe. She's always made up beautifully and nicely dressed. I wonder if she shuts the door at nights and pulls on her pink flannel PJs and thinks "thank goodness that's over!" like us common people do??.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Arrghgh bung oven would make me so angry! Though there are plenty of things you can make in 45 mins in the oven :P I hope the oven fairies fix it soon! (I assume youhave connections, being a pixie and all hahahaha)(I'm so lame I'm laughing at my own joke)

Yes Maree! You can come around whenever you like :P 

itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I've had a nice quiet day. I've been sick and miserable for over a week, so just taking things slow and very slowly recovering.
-Bex-
611 posts
The queen is such an inspiration, and she definitely doesn't look 90! 

Weekend was spent doing not a lot, got a chicken coop and enclosure up all we need now is the chickens I'm actually quite excited. And today I woke up feeling yuck and by this afternoon its a full on cold, I was convinced it was my body shutting down from lack of sugar but nooooo. so I painted my nails and did some reviewing, don't mind being sick if I can be productive. 

MissQT
1547 posts
I don't thi I could survive without an oven! I did my nails too bex, I'll post a photo tomorrow when the lighting is better.
MareeB
5241 posts
How're you doing with your junk-free June Bex?
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Happy Queens Birthday weekend to you all! My weekend has been somewhat productive. We took the kids to see my parents and had dinner with them on Saturday. On Sunday we had a not so productive day and lounged around in out pj's and had a movie day! :) Today we have just cleaned up and relaxed as much as possible as This Muma (and Dad) were up till 3am this morning with the Littles which are crook :(
-Bex-
611 posts
I'm winning Maree! I'm feeling so good now I think day 3 I felt like I was going insane. I made bread rolls yesterday, used the same recipe I always use and far out they tasted so sweet I couldn't even finish eating it. I've also switched from cowshed milk (very full cream) to trim milk. I have already lost weight which I wasn't expecting 
Koni
444 posts
Get well soon Itsclearascrystal and here's hoping your littles make a speedy recovery Amy.

It's been a relaxing long weekend, today I went to grab a birthday cake for my aunty and somehow managed to come home with a bag full of lipstick holders.
-Bex-
611 posts
ooh can't wait to see a photo MissQT. I put a photo up but I think I should have waited till the morning with better light but ah well... I was excited. 
2lilmnkys
106 posts
Yesterday went to tramp park and lunch and last night went to movies with the family. Today was work but we had shared lunch to celebrate the Queens birthday. Had a good time.
MareeB
5241 posts
Well done Bex, that's fabulous! I'm proud of you!
Kimrose
1416 posts
We had sSaturday and Sunday at the beach and I worked today. It was a great day, so busy, the time went fast and husband was at home cooking a yummy roast dinner. 

I adore the royal family, the Queen is absolutely amazing.  A real example to people around the world as to how to give of yourself and expect nothing in return.
Emily-jane
314 posts
No thanks to dieting at 90. I want to be enjoying my food if I'm still around. She does look fantastic for age and is so with it though, it's incredible. Busy weekend we went to Queenstown to do the shops and get some winter essential on special at Briscoes plus I brought myself a treat ( a lancome lip shaker) I now want more they are amazing!
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Thanks Koni, one is teething the other has a cold. Tis the season for it though!
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Emily, awesome treat! Look forward to reading your review :) All this talk of roast meals has me now trotting off to the freezer to pull the chicken out for a roast tomorrow!
tannygirl
3392 posts
I spent the weekend glamming and bumming out simultaneously. Expensive makeup and face but my yoga pants and thick woolen socks didn't add a classy touch to my bright lip and winged liner. I did purchase an All About You box and the nails box with Queen's birthday special.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!