Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

HAPPY MONDAY LOVELIES XX

37 posts, 12 members
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Just wanted to say HAPPY MONDAY xx

Hope you all have an amazing day whether you are at work, home with the kiddie winkles, studying or whatever you have planned today xxx

Quote for the day:

One small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day - so make it a fabulous one :-)
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Happy Monday! Got up nice and early for once! Hope everyone else is immune from the Monday blues!
Toni-Lee
503 posts
Kids back at school, YAY :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
i had the Sunday night blues pretty bad but so far Monday is okay
JessB
219 posts
Happy Monday to you too! And that is such a gorgeous quote, definitely a good way to start the day (or even to pick up the day after a slow start haha).
JessB
219 posts
Sorry to hear your Sunday wasn't so great Trudi, fingers crossed your Monday is much better. Make sure to treat yourself a bit! Even spending the money on a freshly squeezed juice at lunch can be nice. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
nothing in particular went wrong, was just having a nice relaxing day until a couple things spoiled it then i couldn't get my calm back until later on
JessB
219 posts
I'm sorry to hear that. Sometimes it can be really hard to get back up emotionally. Sending good luck for today though :) 
Macs
5351 posts
Happy Monday. I got my family at home lol Sick partner and daughter. Son is on his way home from Tauranga. I'm going to my sisters at lunch time for Game of Thrones . 
Kimrose
1415 posts
I am very happy, got my Sephora order. They are so darn quick to deliver, so very impressed. Cant wait to get home and have a play

Makes Monday great!
tannygirl
3392 posts
Happy Monday. My order from Beautylish should be arriving today, they were products I had been wanting for months but there was always something else on sale so I didn't make the order but today I will finally have them.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Oh if anyone would like to know what I ordered, I got the Advanced Retinoid 2%, Azelaic Acid, Niacinamide + Zinc, Hylauronic Acid + B5 and Argireline. I'm on week two of using the Dr Lewinn's Peel every other night so once that's done I'm going to start using the Azelaic Acid and Retinoid on other nights.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Sephora and MM always make me happy too! I've conveniently run out of my foundation just as I have access to TWO Mecca NZ stores hehehe.

Can't wait to be at beauty loop NZ level!
alikat
423 posts
Ooooh @Tannygirl. I'm waiting for the Glycolic tonic to come back into stock before I get more products from The Ordinary. I have the retinol which is fantastic.

Monday was spent working, staff meeting and generally just doing my thing. Evening is on the couch, in front of the fire. About to make some hot chocolates. This week isn't going to be fantastic, but I'll get to see mum at the end of it and I haven't seen her since May, so I'm a bit excited.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Alikat I saw it in stock recently but it seems to be like one of the bestsellers because it's almost always out of stock. I put it in my cart but then I needed to buy some other stuff more urgently and it was out of stock again within the week.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'm interested in finding out what their glycolic is like. I currently use Pixi glow. 
Kimrose
1415 posts
Another thing that I liked about today, I did yoga again, thats my 2nd time!  It is actually hard work but I need to give it a go.
alikat
423 posts
Okay, fine internet, just eat my previous comment.

Worldofsooziewong: I haven't used the Pixi Glow Tonic, but its on my radar as its easier to get than The Ordinary. Although The Ordinary has a higher percentage of glycolic acid. I think it'll be interesting to stack the acids so to speak - Glycolic, Retinol etc. I've gone a bit skin care mad lately. I blame Hourglass. I had a deluxe sample of their $500/bottle serum, and now I'm trying to emulate the results, without handing over more than half my fortnightly pay!

For my skin care addiction, the blame is lying squarely with Caroline Hirons. 

Holding fire on my order from The Ordinary though - I need to sell some makeup on Trademe first. Decided to downside the amount of eyeshadow palettes I own. I went a bit nuts again at Christmas in LA, and did a general clean out of makeup this month as well. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yes, Pixi Glow is quite easy to get hold of now. It's even on iherb! And I looooove Caroline Hirons. I've tired her Pixi Double Cleanse and really liked it but it's a bit pricey. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Oh yes Trudi, the Beauty Loop boxes. When you do reach that level please post pics of the Beauty Loop Boxes. I remember filling up carts trying to see what I would justify spending $400 on in Mecca when I was trying to save money and pan off so much stuff I have already open and I should be buying new socks, lol. I haven't spent much as much as I originally planned to but I would like to see what minis spending $400 at Mecca would gotten me. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
For sure, I always do post them. Have gotten the last few from Australia and got some really lovely deluxe minis and samples. Mecca stocks my HG foundation along with one of my fave brands for makeup (Urban Decay) and body care (Soap & Glory)... it all adds up 
tannygirl
3392 posts
Yeah, I think Soap and Glory is like the affordable brand that Mecca Maxima stocks amongst it's high end, deluxe brands. I do like Frank body scrub which I can get there as well. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
i'm yet to try the Frank scrub but its super high on the hit list because i LOVE the lip scrub and balm
tannygirl
3392 posts
I'm looking for more lip scrub, since I'm about to finish the only one I have. Would you say the Frank one is better or about the same as Lush's?
trudijoy
8375 posts
IMO the Frank lip scrub is much better than Lush. I loved the Lush one but find it dries out and goes a bit messy and crumbly. Frank is more of a wet, oily consistency with the scrub particles, and it smells and tastes of sugar and coffee so is just as yum. i scrub it on, lick my lips, and the oil stays to keep them nice. It's pretty simple to use and store (in it's slimline packaging) and is pretty well priced
tannygirl
3392 posts
Oh that sounds good, Trudi. Are the scrub particles concentrated to give an even exfoliation? Do you know if it's safe to lick off/eat on a daily basis?
trudijoy
8375 posts
you're probably best to try it out if you're that particular about it - I love it. And lick it off, and it hasn't hurt me.

It's a good lip scrub.
shazatron101
5112 posts
i personally wouldnt do a lip scrub every day, even if you are gentle about it. plus, what a waste of product when your lips are still fine from the previous day of scrubbing. and i would assume, if it's going on the lips, it should be safe to ingest. like putting glitter near the eyes, should be eye safe!

happy tuesday ;-) im a bit late! finally come out the other side of being all weird last week mentally/physically only to have good ol shark week come along and tell me i'm not pregnant (also not trying.. yet :P ) so that's just wonderful. out of the frying pan and into the fire ;-)  going to buy a few sheet masks later tonight as my face skin is playing up mary hell, and i'm almost out of masks

going to blast the phantom of the opera soundrack and do some cleaning now, i think :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
shaz i read the first pgraph then somehow read the second as 'I'm pregnant'

congrats on your not-a-baby... lol
shazatron101
5112 posts
hahahahahah why, thank you! bahahahahah

switched to the sweeny todd soundtrack and mopped the ceiling. in the words of ice cube... it was a good day. :P
trudijoy
8375 posts
Were you meant to be mopping the ceiling or did your cleaning dance get over enthusiastic? Lol
MareeB
5239 posts
I still haven't tried a lip scrub but it's on my list of things to buy.

Shaz if cleaning inspires you, I'd like to offer my address....and I'll babysit for you in return (God help you and mini-shaz!!)
Macs
5351 posts
You've got to try one Maree. I'm loving this coconut lip scrub from The Skin Kitchen that I'm enjoying. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Tannygirl there are heaps of affordable brands at Mecca. It's not all high end. Mario Bedascu and Korres for example. I worked out I just need to spend an average of $30 when I go in each month to get on the Beauty Loop within a year. Plus there's the minis bar which is a great way of trying out the higher end and new brands. 

PS just buy the socks lol. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
bahahahaha the ceiling cleaning was intentional, we dont have an extractor fan in our bathroom yet, so the steam does its thing and turns the celing into a spotty mess. much cleaner now though. i cant wait til we upgrade the shower and get a shower dome (and just a better shower in general lol)

bahahahaha free baby sitting you say, Maree? if i was ever your way, you'd definitely have a hellion on your hands hahaha
trudijoy
8375 posts
Shower domes!!!! Amazing. Although don't have a super hot shower if you're exhausted or dizzy and have a shower dome. Doesn't end well
tannygirl
3392 posts
Yeah I forgot about Mario Badescu I bought their drying lotion (the one with the pink sediment that been seen all over Youtube). Works on some pimples. I think a lot of their stuff is not too bad price wise.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!