Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Happy Halloween

28 posts, 17 members
Macs
5351 posts
Will you be celebrating halloween? Will you be doing halloween make up? It's my first halloween in Auckland. There's lots of light parties going around . We going to our first one tonight.  My kids are used to trick or treating. This is a change.
g1ggles2
358 posts
Good Morning :)
Yup all over Halloween in my world.
We had a dress up comp at work, So I did a Day of the Dead face paint.
Kids are all dressed up for Daycare then we are taking them out Trick or Treating after work.
My son who is 3 is really into it all now, so we surprised him this morning with a little display of spiders and pumpkins etc and his reaction was priceless.

I uploaded to the photo wall my facepaint.

Happy Halloween everyone!
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I live the rural life so won't be celebrating this year, but I'm attempting some Halloween makeup today! And once done I'll eat a bunch of candy haha
tannygirl
3392 posts
I am not a huge Halloween fan but I am a big fan Beauty Review and I've been a member for 3 years today. So I will be thinking of what I can do to celebrate that.
Head Pixie
569 posts
Three years, tannygirl!!

Giddy aunt that's flown by!!

A fabulous three years indeed - we're lucky to have you :) Here's to another three! (And more!) xoxo
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Happy 3 year BR anniversary Tannygirl xx
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Awesome for the 3 years Tannygirl.

At work today we had our Halloween competition where we dressed up and decorated our areas in our teams, we picked the insane asylum with patients and nurses. One coworker made herself like the girl out of the ring. Other teams did comic book charactors, pumpkin patch, Tim Burton movies, crime scene and graveyard.

At home not doing much but have a nice collection of chocolate minis for any trick or treaters tonight. I am hoping for a repeat of last year where I had to eat the chocolate myself as no kids showed at my door substantially better than the year I forgot and had kids at the door, I ended up giving out jelly and biscuits
tannygirl
3392 posts
Thanks so much for the congrats Head Pixie and everyone! My current number of review atm is 464 which divided over the course of  1,095 days or 3 x 365 is 2.35 or roughly 1 review posted every 3 days. I'm hoping my average over the next 3 years improves (and of course my bank account as well to fund new products to review, lol although purchasing some of the Beauty Boxes does help).
MareeB
5239 posts
Happy 3 years Tannygirl -  may you have many many more :)
-Bex-
611 posts
Happy happy BR anniversary Tannygirl hope you celebrate in style xx
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Happy BR anniversary Tannygirl :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Well, I went all out this year. I love Halloween - it's the day after my birthday and I always wanted to celebrate it as a kid who loved witches and spooky things. But it just wasn't a thing here at all back then. 

So.....I decorated the house, got in treats, put out welcome signs, even dressed up the cat and......nobody came! Typical as the years I get nothing in they all turn up. When I do prepare, no one shows. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
yeah i still have leftover candy from last years Halloween. should really throw that out haha
MissQT
1547 posts
Oh dear soozie! We only had one group come to our house.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Trudi all I had one year was old Ume candy. They threw it in the garden lol. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
ungrateful lil poops :p i gave that out one year at school and the boys had a love hate thing with it. they thought it was gross, but that it was funny to eat it anyway
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Trudi I've taken it to school too. Almost as much fun as giving Vegemite to Japanese kids lol. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
licorice is another good one for japanese kids, or after dinner mints.

mine used to freak at bean paste as well haha
ragingfrog
1289 posts
No kids to my place, over abundance of chocolate . I will be giving some to coworkers, once they have finished the gummy body parts, and my brother . Ate 6 mini bars tonight, way too much left
Macs
5351 posts
Happy anniversary Tanny Girl. Your doing so well with your reviewing. 

Kids loved the light party and our short trick or treating stroll last night. I attempted a deer. I couldn't get the white spots right lol. 
Macs
5351 posts
Too bad I wasn't in your town soozie. We could have come trick or treating. My kids would have loved seeing dex dressed as a pirate. 
JessB
219 posts
I wasn't allowed to do anything for Halloween growing up, so now that I'm living alone with my partner I got really excited and decorated the whole house! We carved little pumpkins, and hung fake ghosts with googly eyes and made silhouettes in the windows of a witch, a graveyard, and a whole lot of bats! I wanted to make it very kid-friendly and fun so everything was very cartoony. Then I dressed up in my Batman onesie to give the trick or treaters candy. 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Wow some of you guys go all out. I read in some places you have to put a particular type of balloon out to show that trick or treaters are welcome. We went into the city to see if there was anything on and there was nothing, not a costume in sight.

And congrats tannygirl :)
tannygirl
3392 posts
I did my first DIY sheet mask last night as some sort of fun. It does have like the serial killer sort of look to it but underneath that it's beautifying my skin. I did a mix of green tea, coconut oil and a few drops of tea tree oil and used some dry sheet masques I bought cheaply for DIY. I think I'll explore more receipes it definitely works out to be cheaper if I buy the ingredients to make my own rather than only buy them ready made. 
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I don't really celebrate it, it's never been my thing.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ever since experiencing Halloween in the USA, the NZ one just doesn't cut it for me - half the time the kids don't even dress up, they're just knocking on doors to get free stuff. I did however carve some pumpkins to see if I could with NZ pumpkins (you can!) and I had them on my doorstep, and I bought a bag of lollipops to give out - nobody turned up though, so now my candy jar is full :D 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
We had no trick or treaters at our house either ...

Did any of you ladies know that you're apparently supposed to tie balloons to your car wiper blades (if your car is parked outside your house & visible) or to your mailbox to let trick or treaters know that your house is open to be visited for treats? 

If you're doing allergy-free treats, you show this by putting out a teal coloured pumpkin (painted) or teal coloured balloons. 

I wasn't aware of this at all and only found out two days after Halloween! I did see someone in our street with balloons tied to their car and wondered if they were just having a party.  Now I know for next year.
Macs
5351 posts
Oh I've never seen pumpkins before. They would have been cool. Yes there was a few houses with balloons on our trick or treating stroll. My kids scream with joy because they know it's a good place to go. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!