Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Halloween Makeup

18 posts, 14 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm in awe of the girls with the skills to do this... not a look I'd do myself (mostly because I wouldn't know where to start) though. Also zombies and all that freak me out lol

Are you planning a Halloween makeup look? Are you going scary or something else?
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Personally, I don't really get into halloween so don't create these makeup looks for myself, but I have huge respect for those that can create and pull these looks off. As for me, I might create a halloween themed nail look or something similar (if I remember)
Rezee
1964 posts
I'm so not skilled enough to do anything cool, so no! I do enjoy watching the videos though.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I can't figure out how to post a photo of my Halloween look from last year in this thread lol argh always having the dumb when it comes to photos on this damn glorious website!

But anywho, I went as a dead Alice in Wonderland. I personally prefer doing 'proper' Halloween looks as opposed to cute ones etc. I'm not overly good at creating looks, I always have to choose basic options haha, but I'm excited about getting to do something new this year! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Sarah use tinypic, select the option for message boards, and copy and paste it in
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Thanks for the walkthrough, Trudi! That will come in very handy in future. Note the bangin' eyebrows. Haha

trudijoy
8375 posts
there are size options in tinypic, you just choose a smaller size when you're doing the pic

great look though  - well done
MareeB
5244 posts
I can't do it, but I admire people who can :)
Macs
5351 posts
I've always wanted to go to a Halloween party. I've never done a Halloween look for halloween. The only look I've done was for a Rovie Comp a fairy. I like this look sarah.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Sarah I LOVE your look for Halloween last year! 

Halloween is my favourite holiday of the year. I'm going to be going to the Day of the Dead for Halloween this year so I'm going to be admiring all of the amazing makeup looks. 
kknz
82 posts
I love Halloween! (The dressing up part, not the stupid trick or treating crap). This year I actually have a Halloween birthday party to go to, which I'm most excited about (although I'm absolutely stuck on what to do for it). In previous years I've created a zombie (for my then partner) with liquid latex & makeup which I'm most proud of.
For myself I've done Black dahlia (complete with slit throat, again with liquid latex), Sugar skull, and an old lady. So much fun, gets the creative juices flowing and I love making stuff up with what I have not buying a costume (pretty much because everything for woman is just a 'skanky' version of whatever, which is a whole other rant).

AmandaJane
1147 posts
I think I would go all Morticia - I used to dress and look like her as a teen lol. I might give it a go and see what it looks like now. I was goth before goth was a thing hah :)
Lutece
1849 posts
I dont do the whole halloween thing but I am so in love with the halloween makeup looks, I want to do a crazy halloween makeup this year, fingers crossed it works :)
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Thanks Jess! Argh you're going to see so many amazing works of art! So jealous. Can't wait for some Insta photos!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Sarah you are sah cute! Last year I did a mildly good sugar skull thang - I liked it and people said I looked cool hahaha. Dunno if I'll do it this year cos I don't think there are any trick or treaters in this neighborhood, it's a very old people neighborhood (just the way I like it!)
tannygirl
3392 posts
I don't celebrate Halloween I don't think I've ever gone to a Halloween party but if I did it would be something sexy.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I don't celebrate Halloween and while the makeup is pretty awesome for the looks people can do I don't participate in thst onky bc I spend all my time trying to look normal that looky freaky is natural thing for me and something I'm trying to avoid bahahaha but honestly I do mean it. I can't fathom the freaky look cos naturally I'm freaky in saying this it isn't a put down to those whom are doing some amazing artistry with their looks I mean there's alot of talent x
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I won't be only cause I don't know how to or have the skills to. One day I'd love Sarah D to do one of her creapy looks on me. I love seeing all the craziness pop up on my IG page

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!