Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Hair straightening brush

15 posts, 8 members
kfind
5 posts
I just saw the Dafni hair straightening brush advertised on TV and thought it looked pretty amazing. I am always keen to save a bit of time in the morning! Has anyone used this brush before and how did it compare to using a hair straightener? I also saw another brand online called Brush-it-straight which is a lower price so also interested if anyone has used this brush and any thoughts on it.

MareeB
5241 posts
Hmmn..interesting..I'd never heard of it before, so looked it up after seeing your post. It looks really good and I'd be keen to try it. The $299 price tag is a little off-putting tho..
kfind
5 posts
The price has put me off getting one as well. Tempted to buy the other brand as it is quite a good price in comparison but would rather spend the extra money if it is going to be a much better product. Hopefully someone on here will have tried them and can give us some good feedback :)
MareeB
5241 posts
Yes, I'd like to see some feedback too. Maybe they'll come on a good special at some point!!
Mandz
86 posts
https://www.onceit.co.nz/sales/7874/hair-straightening-brushes-1[/url] they have these ones on onceit at the moment different brand but same thing. I'm keen to know if anyone has tried them 
Emily-jane
314 posts
I have also seen these advertised a lot recently.The warehouse sometimes has them on special through their red alert site for less then $100. Not sure on the quality however $299 is pretty expensive. I am interested to know how they preform compared to hair straightener. 
Ringy
825 posts
When I was on holiday in Australia last year I rushed out and got a dafni brush- I don't really ever use it now. It does not compare to a straightener at all and I don't think it's any quicker either. The end result is not as good and doesn't last as long. It still leaves hair boofy, not sleek like a straightener. My kids use it now as they aren't as fussy with the straightness as me and it seems easier for them to use on themselves. 

My my hair has a wave so maybe that has something to do with it, and I have to section it even with the brush because of the amount of hair I have. If you have very thin, straight hair this would be a very expensive ok for you, but of course you can curl with a straightener but not with this brush.

bottom line...it's a waste of money.
Macs
5351 posts
I was waiting for your feedback when you come back from oz. I suspect they were duds at straightening because I have seen them being sold on facebook group pages. I think I posted a thread a while back because I was excited about it. My hairs thick and washoping for something faster than my GHD.
MareeB
5241 posts
Oh that's disappointing Ringy, I would've loved one if it worked.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Oh good to know. I have been really tempted with this brush as my hair is dark, long and looks best straight. Unfortunately that takes ages and so I always opt for braids. I have some wave to it but not much. I did notice that in a few videos advertising a straightening brush they had someone with short fairly straight hair sort of just make it look more polished I guess. 
MareeB
5241 posts
My hair is quite long now, but because it's grey (white really) it is really strong and gets quite frizzy so a good brush to tame it would be good. I could do with better straighteners if I don't buy a brush!
kfind
5 posts
Thanks for your feedback Ringy! I have fine straight hair so sounds like it might work ok for me. I really just want something that is quick to use daily that makes my hair look presentable for day to day things with the kids. Might need to stick with the hair straighteners and doing a proper blow dry if I am going out anywhere nice. Don't think I can justify the expensive ones just yet.
kfind
5 posts
The ones on sale through Onceit look pretty good as well!
Dii
16 posts
Hi  kfind,

Did you end up getting any  hair straightener ?

I have above the shoulder thick and straight hair and just need something to tame the flyaways and avoid the short hair getting puffed up.

Thanks
Di
xx

Ringy
825 posts
hi Dii I think you will find if you have shorter hair the straighteni brush might not work so good for you as you hold the end of you hair and rush down the length, if you don't use pressure it doesn't work so well. Ask for a demonstration perhaps? 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!