Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

17 posts, 14 members
Macs
5351 posts
Whats your favourite type of hair removal? What works for you? I just use tweezers and shavers at the moment, but I'm wanting to give waxing a go. I've been a bit scared to try it at home. Treatments I've had waxing and threading before both of them I enjoyed alot. Im watching out for the IPL ladies and keeping an eye out for their progress.
mallomiss
569 posts
I wax & pluck my face.
Wax my forearms.
Shave my underarms.
Shave my legs mostly but when I can deal with the hair growth & have time I'll wax them.
Wax "other areas"
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I shave/epilate my body, tweeze my eyebrows and wax my face. I would love to get laser at some point though!
pintsize
1072 posts
I am the same Macs, I shave/tweeze and haven't actually had a wax in over a year :/ but I just bought an epilator last week... so far so good :) that top lip though... tears in my eyes no matter what I have done.
Threading has probably the best results but also the most tears in that area (I don't flinch with other areas, only my upper lip).

Shave legs/underarms
tweezers for eyebrows and a cream for others, looking for new things to try though
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I used to get wax down below then went to a salon for ipl. Best thing I ever did! Now I have the home one that I'm using. Still shave legs and underarms until the ipl vanishes all those unwanted hairs
mallomiss
569 posts
I forget about my epilator, I got one for Xmas last year but I hate it! Might sell it.
Macs
5351 posts
I tear up every time for my upper lip. I haven't had threading and waxing in salon for a while now. Tried the creams but got a bit burned so I stay away from them.
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
I shave my legs and pluck my eyebrows. Hair removal isn't a big issue for me so I haven't been tempted by any other options. 
MareeB
5244 posts
I wax my face at a salon and pluck and shave and sometimes cream in between times. Shave underarms and legs, and wax elsewhere when I'm up to the pain!
MareeB
5244 posts
Oh I agree Macs, upper lip is very sensitive. I do the odd bit of plucking there between waxes and it takes some courage!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I'm quite grateful my mo' isn't unruly and so I don't need to wax it :P I was shaving armpits and legs, but now I wax my legs, and I was waxing my armpits but I think I'll go back to shaving. And for the lady jungle I use one of those awful stinky hair creams especially for that area - it's the only thing I've found that doesn't give me ingrown hairs! And I pluck my eyebrows when I can be bothered :D
Rezee
1964 posts
I shave for my body, pluck my eyebrows and cream for my top lip. Ive used wax strips occasionally in the past but I always end up missing bits so they annoy me.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I shave, except my eyebrows which I pluck and I occassionally use a hair removal cream above my upper lip. I'm also keeping an eye on the IPL and I'm a wimp about waxing.
SandieNZ
424 posts
I either wax or epilate (and tweeze eyebrows) but I have been so so tempted to buy an IPL....still trying to justify it to hubby though ;)
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I would love to try the ipl removal but most preferred is waxing. My mum first tooke to a salon for my brow shape and waxing. Then later for leg waxing. I haven't had the full lady garden waxing but the basic bikini trim.
I just wax at home now for my facial hair brows & upper lip. Shave for lower parts from armpits down you get the drift lol. Atm I'm using the Nads facial wand and it's ok but then dispenser part isn't very user friendly and needs modification.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Tweezers and threading on face. Waxing rest of body preferred but known to shave when poor or no time to get in for a wax. I really do need to look at ipl.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!