Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

hair dye wishes

7 posts, 4 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
every two weeks i have to dye out a LOT of white and grey from my hair. My hair grows super fast (cut off to chin length in Feb and now below my shoulders again!).

I keep thinking - wouldn't it be great if you could just like, take a pill that caused your roots to turn whatever colour you were feeling on any given day?!
KiwiLass
174 posts
I have a ton of grey as well - started going grey when I was about 20, just before I got pregnant with my first child. I ciuldn't dye my hair during both pregnancies and even then, at 21 and 23 there were strands of grey!
Anyway, I have to dye my hair every few weeks as well,  but find the L'Oreal root concealer spray is a quick short-term disguise. It's not exactly cheap though, considering it doesn'tlast long, but it's easier to use than the Colour Wow product from Farmers.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i was 11 when i started going grey ;)

personally i'd probably still use hairdye when pregnant, i'd just look into best alternatives. But i've been dying my hair 20 years now so that does change things i think.

I just picked up some of that root spray and i love it! makes coverup a cinch :)
Kimrose
1416 posts
We have that LOreal root spray at work, when we first got it, it sold out in 4 days!   It is still so popular even hair stylists but it as well.
KiwiLass
174 posts
Yeah if I got pregnant now, I'd carry on dying my hair with the brand I use - I developed a sensitivity to something in the supermarket brand/mainstream brand hair dye. Even some of the "natural" ones cause me to break out in a terrible itchy rash and to go red. I finally found one via the NZ online store Healthbank that doesn't have any negative effect on me, and actually workes to cover greys (so long as I apply heat via a hairdryer over my plastic bagged hair).
But I have so much grey now and I'm just not ready.....it didn't bother me in my early 20s when it was just a few strands!
Julieal
915 posts
I know how you feel -I have to colour my hair every 3 weeks -I tried WOW and find it is horrible and does't do a great job either.
Julieal
915 posts
I bought the L'Oreal root spray yesterday after your advice and found in on special at the Warehouse for $13 .Thank you for the information.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!