Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Hair cut discoveries

14 posts, 12 members
kirstysays
762 posts
So I just went to the hair dressers for a haircut (it's been about a hair so it was well overdue) and after cutting and straightening my hair the hairdresser put in this delicious smelling oil and oh my I NEED it and am searching places to buy it right now...the product she used was pureology precious oil.  

I was just wondering (since I always seem to discover amazing new products to add to my 'to buy' list well at the hair dressers) what amazing products have been recommended to you lovely ladies at the salon?

shazatron101
5112 posts
I have had lots of lovely products mentioned to me, one I have just rebought recently cos it's lasted 4+ years (more like 6 years lmao) and its the Silky Sexy hair frizz eliminator. I LOVE IT. Another that I loved but I think they stopped making it was Healthy Sexy Hair pumpkin shampoo hoooommmyyygooodddd that stuff was amazing and smelled like a pumpkin pie. I wish I could still buy it :'(
Kellie
570 posts
Oooh, my husband's salon washed his hair with some brand called 'American... somethingorrather' - sorry for the vagueness. It's really minty and makes your scalp tingle (he has a bottle at home now, which I sneak bits from every now and then). Apparently it's good for waking you up, and for hangovers lol.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I'm so bad about going to the hairdressers... I know my Mum has discovered some really nice stuff from salons though! I might get to start working as an MUA in my local hair dressers because it's ball season so I have a feeling I'll be discovering things there. 
Chaotic82
522 posts
Ooo Kellie, my hubby had one like that for awhile.  But it was a cheap version hehe

I have only ever succumbed to buying Matrix Biolage products from the salon.  They were amazing, but I had super long hair and couldn't keep up with the cost.
1139 posts
Wella SP Luxe Oil! Smooths the hair really well and it smells amazing. I had to buy it after my hairdresser used it on my hair.
Mila
1209 posts
I havent been to the hairdresser for a little while but the last time I bought a product from her wasa the Redken Glass it was amazing on my hair little bit of shine and goodness in a bottle that one but didnt weigh down my hair :)
Lisa-
79 posts
Im hopeless at getting hair cuts and have never really bought any products from a salon, but I did see the pureology oil on hqhair.com if that helps :)
MareeB
5241 posts
I've seen the pureology oil on Amazon for $24.95.
Kellyleanne
551 posts
I love Kerastase products and have tried and brought many from salons. They are great quality, but so pricey. 
SandieNZ
424 posts
I've read the reviews on here about the Wella Luxe Oil and that sounds incredible - I am still trying to find time to head out and buy some, but it's definitely on my wishlist
kirstysays
762 posts
@Shazatron101 - pumkin shampoo sounds interesting! Why do they stop making awesome products! I just searched it on amazon and its on there though :)  @Elena - That sounds awesome...adding to my amazon cart :P So far amazon seems the cheapest for the hair oil...I also discovered redken all soft shampoo and conditioner through my hairdresser and love that :) 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Kirtsy, it was amazing. And believe me, I've scoured the internet trying to find it. I did find it on amazon but its either 2oz bottles (very little) or it doesn't ship to NZ. Actually thats most of the websites I found haha. Either that or you have to pay through the teeth for it. Ahhh but it was so nice. One day, when I win big on the scratchies!
george
150 posts
A previous hairdresser of mine recommended Bed Head by Tigi 'Sugar Dust'. Dude, best texturizing powder EVER!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!