Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

47 posts, 23 members
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Hi ladies. Just cruising around the net and wondered if goodiebox has gotten any better? Does anyone still get it? I've tried searching the forum threads and they are very out dated.

It did show lots of old members and I miss so many if them!

Thoughts???
mallomiss
569 posts
I'm actually about to unsubscribe... 

I haven't been overly thrilled with them for about 4 months... 
They took payment on December 24th for this months one & are a week late on delivering - no communication & several ignored messages regarding it.
I've been told by someone that got theirs today that the contents this month are products we've already had.

There's too many better alternatives I feel.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
What a shame. So that seems to be the same feedback that was happening 2 years ago, that I could find anyway.

What sort of things do they have in there?
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I unsubscribed last year and would never go back. They always included different products from the same brands that you'd never heard of before, or be able to access in NZ. Plus most of them were colours you'd never use, or skincare not suited to your skin type etc. Based on recent photos I've seen of people's boxes this doesn't seem to have changed.
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
I unsubscribed last year too, they were always late, and the products were really uninspiring and as Sarah said, usually stuff you couldnt get here and wouldnt use anyway. Looks like they're still similar - you'd think with the way things have improved (access to sephora etc) they would think of upping their game, but there still seems to be heaps of people who love them.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yup, the reasons Sarah stated are some of the reasons I unsubscribed as well. It was good for a month then it'd go bad and be bad for a while, and then you'd get another good month. My mum was subscribed as well which was good cos we could swap if we hated what we got in our own boxes. I remember one was a 'spring into spring' or something equally ridiculous, and I think one of the gifts was a bag of jelly beans. Pretty sure I got a muesli bar in another lol
Macs
5351 posts
I often see their boxes  on facebook.  I always wondered what they were like. Good to know what you girls think. 
Head Pixie
569 posts
An interesting read... and perhaps a timely reminder to save those pennies, because amazing beauty boxes are on the way. In fact, I'd be so bold as to say they're the BEST EVER! ;) xxx
MissQT
1547 posts
don't worry head pixie, I'm definitely saving my pennies for the best beauty boxes ever! So excited :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I spent all my pennies in the Lush sale but I'll find more for the first beauty box!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I'm undecided if I'm going to get the first one. But at this rate it doesn't look like I will be!
Rezee
1964 posts
I haven't subbed to goodiebox in such a long time. Its  sad its not great still, I feel like it has the potential to be great but they seem to cheap out too much on older products in ugly colours etc. It's probably hard for them too that you can get pretty good cheap boxes in the US so they have a lot to compare too. 
I'm so gutted I have to pass on the first beauty box, our money needs to go on other things instead, sigh.
MareeB
5241 posts
I just bought more Lush tonight - that's two days in a row!! I need help..... I got 3 bubbleroons, a soap and a bubble bar, all of them new products. Can't wait to get them :)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Hmm you would think they would learn from all the people they lost.
MareeB
5241 posts
Yay farmers-wife, 2000 posts!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oh goodness Maree what have we done to you!? Hahahahahahah ;-)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
It's an illness Shazatron. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahahahah it is, its a sickness. Though in saying that I'm about to buy more off of someone and I'm waiting for the Valentines day stuff. Bahahahaha
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Shock, horror but I don't know if I'm going to buy any if the Valentines Day stuff. 
Macs
5351 posts
I filled a cart today Maree. To be honest Ive been doing it every day. But I just havent gone through with the transaction. Abort !! Abort lol
MareeB
5241 posts
I need some of your self control Macs!
MareeB
5241 posts
I don't know what you've done to me Shaz - I wonder if I should move towns and try and get a job with them....
shazatron101
5112 posts
I didn't do this Maree! It was Soozie! lol. and yeah Soozie I'm with you there, I thought there would be more... But a unicorn must have a horn ;-) and I really want to smell Prince Charming ;-)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yeap, I'll take the blame for this one. It was either me or mumof3 lol. I think last year's unicorn horn was much prettier. I thought I saw half of one in my collection the other day, but it seems to have disappeared, like unicorns do. I also have some Prince Charming left from last year too. I like it but I don't think I want more. Need to go and lie down as I'm obviously not feeling well lol. 

Im really hanging out for the Mother's Day stuff though!
tannygirl
3392 posts
I'm planning on making the February box the first subscription box ever that I buy. I love NZ skincare and brands, love natural skincare and so it sounds like I would probably use everything in the box so anxiously waiting for the release date.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I've never tried Goodiebox, but good to know. I am planning to try one of the best beauty boxes though. Still trying to decide which one I want though.
Macs
5351 posts
I was enabled by you both lol. Im trying to resist for that best ever box . And theres literally no space to put more things lol
Chaotic82
522 posts
Gah!
Must save for the Beauty Box!
I'm always a bit torn about getting subscription boxes. But the good things always seem to outweigh my one argument (If I kept the money I could put it towards things on my wishlist.)  

Rezee
1964 posts
Lush so is a sickness! I was telling my partner about how good I'd been yesterday by not buying any of the sale stuff even though I checked the site about a million times. He laughed and was pointing out all the lush around our room and said when he went into our bathroom cupboard all this lush had fallen at him! 
mallomiss
569 posts
I have now unsubscribed
MrsRosie
214 posts
All I can say is that thank goodness I don't have a bath at home (although I'd love one!!) Cause then lush would be another product addiction - which i don't currently need with my soon to be lack of income -C'mon new job!!

So excited for THE BEST beauty box however...eeeeeppp! 
ragingfrog
1289 posts
MrsRosie you don't need a bath, you just need a bucket/bin/tray to soak your tootsies in and use the bath stuff that way. Don't put the whole bomb in, break it into chunks or powder and put some in. Lushy sorry lovely scented and spoiled feet.
Kylenefs
68 posts
I cancelled my subscription to Goodiebox bout October last year or there abouts, they seemed to be double charging people and their customer service was just terrible, no replies to the numerous people that weren't happy or wanting to know what was going on and noticed on their Facebook page comments were removed often where people weren't happy or asking what was going on.  

I see the latest Goodiebox stuff keeps coming out in the bags, rather than the boxes, certain things we received in boxes in the past just wouldn't fit in those bags, for instance one time I got a full 200ml Schwarkopf shampoo there is no way you would get that in those bags they are sending out these days. I'm so glad I cancelled it looks like its gone from bad to worse and not worth what you pay.
PutterJiffy
11 posts
I have been curious about this for a while, but all my friends who used to get Goodiebox have unsubscribed.  I think I will save my money for now.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I've been a GoodieBox subscriber for the past 2 years and the last 4 boxes have been filled with products that they've sent out in previous boxes (ie: products that I've already received from them before, they've just sent out a different colour or different scent the second time around).  It's been really frustrating as I'm paying for this service to receive and try 'new' products and a some of the stuff we've been getting is discontinued product (like lip glosses, eyeshadows, eyebrow powders, etc).  When I queried this with them, they said they're moving warehouses and that "new and exciting things" will be happening.  So it looks like they're just cleaning out and using the boxes to get rid of all their old stuff.  

This week, without any warning or prior notification, a generalised e-mail was sent out to everyone stating that they have "temporarily" stopped a few subscriptions as they have too many subscribers and not enough boxes to go around! Again I contacted them and it was up to me to check my bank account to see if funds had been deducted for this month's subsciption, only to find out that I wouldn't be getting one.  

I have no idea how long my subscription has been suspended for and cannot get an answer out of them.  Surely they should have stopped taking on new subscribers before it got to a point where they had to suspend existing subscribers accounts?  Anyway, I'm considering cancelling my subscription once I'm able to redeem all the points that I have sitting in my account, although there have been no products in the online shop on their website for months now, so I have no idea when I'll be able to do that either.

I wouldn't recommend anyone subscribe to GoodieBox, unless you want to be messed around, receive duplicate products and discontinued stock.  Anyway, vent over.

I'm looking for another monthly subscription beauty box but it looks like GoodieBox is the only one in NZ!  Violet Box has apparently been cancelled (can't get it in NZ) and BR's Best Beauty Box Ever is non-subscription (which is great and I'll be keeping my eye on these until there's one that I really want).  I've contacted My Monthly Beauty Box (or MonBox) to find out if they still operate, as the last box posted on their website was December 2015.

Does anyone else subscribe to a monthly beauty box?  If so, I'd appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks.
MareeB
5241 posts
I've thought about it a few times, but haven't gotten around to it - I'm glad now! The BBBE will keep me happy anyway from now on :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oh Silvene that sounds awful!!! That would really get my goat. I was with that company last year (maybe year before) and they just got worse and worse - never got the same products though. I found that they would send emails out but it was a lucky dip if you actually got the email or not. Always got one when they charged me though! I wouldn't go back. None of the BR boxes have tickled my fancy (but all have looked good!) but I would still buy them over GoodieBox!
Ringy
825 posts
I think a lot of sub boxes are going in that direction of repeat products, old stock, unrelated stock, products you can never actually see to buy in real life or just plain random rubbish in random rubbish colours. The Best Beauty Box seems to be a way better format, one offs with much better content.  I like the genuiness of them- not trying to rip anyone off or cheat them by not letting them cancel their subscriptions and giving them the run around or sending them rubbish. Nothing deceptive there- what you see is what you get. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I just love the convenience of a sub box and the luxury samples are so handy for travelling but after this last experience, I think that once-off boxes are definitely the way to go.  No hassle with subscriptions or cancelling contracts.  I haven't yet seen a BR box that I really, really want but I'll be keeping my eye on them and will definitely get one.  Once I've cancelled my contract, I plan to save up what would have been the monthly subscription fee and splurge on a Christmas beauty box at the end of the year.
Rezee
1964 posts
What cruddy service!  I'd be so annoyed with all of that, how rude to stop your sub and keep newer subs on.I sub on and off to lust have it. It's Australian but ships here. I think it's around $25. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Thanks, Rezee.  I've heard about Lust Have It, I'll look into that.
First Lady
957 posts
Silvene  - how awful! I'm literally mind boggled at the customer service (let's not even go near the business model)

Might be worth an email to Consumer Affairs (Sorry if that's the English equivilent...I'm only one cuppa in...) and definitely chat to your bank and cut them off that way if you don't want anymore.

All of these issues (and more) are why we do things differently at BBBE.  We're have no desire to rip people off, or con then.  If a product can't be sourced via the brand directly or an NZ distributer, we don't touch it.  We give you the option of surprise or reveal.  We won't go near a rolling subscription, buy what you want, when you want it.  

And yeap, our prices are higher, but you're getting at least 10 full sized products, and not a museli bar in sight!

Bad customer service makes Natalie a grumpy person! 

xox
chikoboo
3402 posts
I agree with Nat, Silvene that is the way I had to stop my Goodiebox subscription as no matter how many emails I sent or attempts to cancel they still took the money and sent the box, at odd times over the month, no consitency whatsoever!  So I headed to the bank and got them to remove the autopayment function and ban them from my account.  Almost immediately it all stopped, but to this day I never got a email response.  Their customer service is shocking! well it would be if they actually had one.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Silvene, saving the money you would've spent to put toward the BBBE sounds like the way to go. Actually, that's what lead me to BR in the first place, was looking for a sub box. I just ended up going with the BR boxes instead and no regrets! Although if you could get the Korean sub boxes in NZ I think I would be tempted lol. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Thanks for the advice, Nat (and everyone else).  

I really didn't want to "bad-mouth" GoodieBox on a public forum which is why I held back and didn't comment on this thread earlier but after what happened last week, I do feel that others need to be aware of the current situation and what is going on, especially if there is anyone out there who is considering signing up with GoodieBox for the first time (or as a repeat customer after being away for a while).  
RamblingRose
1280 posts
So, I just came across this article ... looks like GoodieBox will be expanding to make their boxes available in Aussie & Asia! I honestly don't see how they're going to successfully manage to do that when they've just dropped the ball so badly with their local NZ subscribers!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I tried Lust Have It and was totally underwhelmed. I'll steer clear of Goodiebox too I think

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!