Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Getting invites to trial products?

60 posts, 20 members
etakamme
2 posts
Hi there, I'm a relative newbie to this site and was wondering if there's anything I can do to get more invites to review products?  I'm sure I read somewhere that it's possible to register interest to review products and that if an opportuntity then comes up to review that product you may get selected (if you meet the criteria etc), but I can't see how to do this - perhaps I dreamt it up?? I'm enjoying posting reviews of products I use, and reading what others think of products I haven't used yet, but I'd love to get a few more opportunties to try out products too!
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I suggest you go into the polls that are available as they do have listings for trials for which they send out invites.
Getting on trials happens eventually, there is no set time frame.
When a trial is offered you may decide not to do it for any number of reasons, unable to review in the timeframe, it is not a colour/product that you would wear. Better to refuse a trial than mess it up and never get offered another one. Have a read of the FAQs at the bottom of the page as this has lots of details about trials and how they happen.
chikoboo
3402 posts
ragingfrog has it all summed up, but you have to also understand that there is alot of people on this site with limited product quantity to review, even some of us "oldies" that have been here a while now don't get regular trial invites, the last time I got one was back in October I think, so don't get dishearted because that isn't what BR is about, ok yes everybody loves a freebie but BR does far more.  But to get yourself more noticed take part in the daily poll each day, converse on the forum regularly and write reviews on products you currently have and are using =)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Invest time and energy into BR and it becomes a community for you. Trials, comps and the vault are huge perks but the people/community are the cake and the freebies are just the icing
BR-Queenie
261 posts
Hi there

The girls have all made good points. BR now has over 20,000 members so it can take a while for your name to come up. Members 

Most importantaly products on trial teams are always matched to the profile of the person that product is designed for, to ensure the best match possible.

So say you are a 19 year old with oily skin, you wouldn't be chosen for a trial team for an anti ageing product targeted at 40 year olds with dry skin.

Hope this helps, and yes check out our FAQ's here.
pintsize
1072 posts
The other thing you need to know about BR is that they aren't just going to give away a product to anyone... they match a product to your profile information, so if you have dry skin you wont be sent products for oily skin etc.
Sometimes it can take a while for a product that fits you to come along for trialling also there maybe a large number other members also in the same boat.
Product trials are just an added bonus on BR, what most of us are here for is reading reviews to save us money on products that don't live up to their claims or to find that Holy Grail we have been searching for; as well as for the advice and kowledge found here.  And as mentioned above this is a community of wonderful well meaning lovelies.

Hopeing you enjoy your time here with us

xx
pintsize
1072 posts
Haha oops Queenie bet me to the finish line ;)
Macs
5351 posts
Ladies pretty much summed it all up. I just missed out on a trial .The one day I wasnt on lol I was out house hunting lol. Don't worry your turn will come soon Im sure of it. Will be watching for your review.

Macs
5351 posts
Ladies pretty much summed it all up. I just missed out on a trial .The one day I wasnt on lol I was out house hunting lol. Don't worry your turn will come soon Im sure of it. Will be watching for your review.

Shazzaali
45 posts
You will begin to love BR so much that soon you won't even worry about not being selected for a trial.
SandieNZ
424 posts
Haha, I just missed out on a trial too - I logged on a couple hours after the invite was sent but I guess everyone else had everything crossed for this product too :) 
BR is amazing, and like the others have said, the site itself is the best bit with all the info, the supportive forum and brilliant articles.  The competitions and trials are just an added bonus :)
100_percent_ash
488 posts
Welcome! You'll love it here

My best piece of advice is to get involved and be active in the community both here and on social media. You'll have so much fun and the BR ladies will get to know you and I'm sure in no time a trial will come up that will be perfect for you and you'll be in the front of their minds. In the meantime enjoy the scene here, but lock up your wallet because these gals are shameless enablers
etakamme
2 posts
Thanks so much for the great advice ladies - I really appreciate you all taking the time to help me out :)
chikoboo
3402 posts
((O.o)) Ashleigh shhhh!!! you'll scare people away ;) lull them in and then sneakily enable.....mwahhhhhhhaahahahahaha
Kelly_A
38 posts
I'm also a newbie to BR and found these comments really useful. I've been on BR for under a  month now but I'm already addicted. I literally sit on here for over 2 hours at a time...theres just soooo many products and interesting aticles to read there are not enough hours in a day to get through all of it. so there are plenty of ways to get involved within the BR community :) 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Can't be bothered starting a new thread (and I also don't want to email the crew and be annoying haha) - did anyone else get the facemask/wipe trial (obviously some did! lol) reason I ask is I still haven't had an email to say they've been sent out :< it hasn't been 2 weeks yet but usually they're pretty quick!
Head Pixie
569 posts
I'm pretty sure there's a song in Annie that would answer your question Shaz... ;) xo
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahah thanks pixie wixie puddin' n pie xx
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
How long does the 1 stay in your inbox for when you miss out on a trial? I very sadly missed out on responding to the Moisture Mist one in time but the invite is still there. I keep clicking on it hoping someone dropped out and a place has magically become available lol. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Until after the due date for reviews as far as i know, soozie .  Sorry you missed out!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Arghhhh torture! The invite was sent out mid Friday afternoon when I had no chance to check my emails. First time I've missed out on an invite :-(
trudijoy
8375 posts
yeah my latest one (only one this year so not sure when things changed!) was issued on a Saturday night ... suppose they're mixing it up to try and be fair to all schedules?
shazatron101
5112 posts
Lol I had a trial sent out at 2.43am, I feel for whoever sent them out that late! Sorry you missed the trial Soozie, missing them makes me feel sad, but then I figure if I want the product enough I will just save and buy it. Just think of your end of year trip and all the pretties you can buy :D 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yeah they are keeping us our toes! That's true Shaz and it's just dawned on me earlier that I have only 14 weeks until I go away, no money saved and a trip to Melbourne in between! Yikes!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yay!! although thats very little time at all hahaha save like you've never saved before!!
First Lady
957 posts
I am zee releaser of invites - I try to mix it up, keep ya on your toes.  We used to have tick tock 7 o clock, but of course that didn't suit everyone, so now it's random times.

My favourite complaint was 'Why send a teacher an invite at 2pm that's so unfair'.  (obviously not from you ladies, Trudi and Soozie).  

Shaz hahahaha that's pretty late even for me, I can't even blame Billy because he sleeps better than me!

xox
Macs
5351 posts
I saw that you missed your trial on Facebook @ worldofsoozie.  I think I missed a Saturday trial when I went to Hamilton. It is cool to have a mix up. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
haha because you know everyones timetable off the top of your head, Nat.... sheesh, even as a (former) teacher that one made me facepalm.

I think random is probably more fair, but definitely would be frustrating to see that wee '1' reminding you you had missed out.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I declined the Moisture Mist invite that I got (as I had FOMO and I went out and bought the LE box last week :) so I wanted to leave the spot for someone else) and the little "1" disappeared from my inbox.  I thought it might have stayed there like it does when you accept an invite or miss out on one. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
i suppose answering makes it go away? I know when you accept it disappears, then reappears when the products gone out etc.

Not sure! What was LE about it other than the casing?
Macs
5351 posts
I've never declined a trial before. I didn't know it disappears silvene. 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Mixing it up makes it fair! :) I can't believe you get complaints about the times the invites go out, Ekkk.
MareeB
5244 posts
What's the song in Annie, Pixie and Shaz? I can't stand not knowing....
trudijoy
8375 posts
Maree I assumed they were referring to 'Tomorrow'
Head Pixie
569 posts
Haha, yip! I'm watching Gilmore Girls (for the millionth time), which always makes me go all pop culture cryptic. I love that show. Bring on November 25th - or Nov 24th NZ time, maybe. I still have to figure that out. Pixie will be shutting herself away for six hours of Gilly Girl happiness. 
MareeB
5244 posts
Oh, of course teeheehee thanks Trudi :)
Macs
5351 posts
I love Gilmore Girls. Loralai was my favourite.  I haven't watched it in years.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I also agree that mixing it up makes it fairer. Thanks for pointing out that I was not the teacher who made the complaint, Nat lol. I certainly had my hands full at that time though. There should be a rule against timetablng Social Studies last period on a Friday!

Shaz, I can't even work out how much money I will need for five weeks away, never mind where I'm going to find it! Haha, need to go by the packing rule of: pack half as much clothes and twice as much money. 

Love the Gilmore Girls. 
kirstyj
1732 posts
(I may have a countdown in my diary already for the release of Gilmore Girls... I love it that much)
shazatron101
5112 posts
I never watched Gilmore Girls D: but it's nice when a show you love comes back, even for just a little bit. I'm hoping desperately that my new obsession Marco Polo gets a third season, it's so goooooooood!!!
kirstyj
1732 posts
Oh em gee! You need to watch Gilmore Girls!... But even more so YES about Marco Polo. That latest season really shocked me and I loved it. I've been watching so much stuff on Netflix lately... There is a doco called Animism which is super weird but quite cool (I love watching/learning about people).
MareeB
5244 posts
Oh me too on the people-watching Kirsty. I am equally obsessed with the Kardashians, Caitlyn Jenner, and Gloriavale (I have the three docos taped and watch them over and over). It's fascinating that we share the world with such a wide variety of people. Love it!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Maree, I've just started teaching a unit on reality Tv today and I can't stand the Kardashians! And I hated I Am Cait. I did watch Hoarders tonight though for homework lol. 
Macs
5351 posts
Lol all those programs you mentioned I've watched on more than one occasion @worldofsoozie I guess I'm a bit of reality Tv junkie 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Gilmore Girls is a must watch! Love it so so so much :) Feels a series catch up coming on hahaha
MareeB
5244 posts
Oh soozie I think your next project should be about people like me who are addicted to reality TV (except the NZ made ones :(  (cringe) I think we're a syndrome all of our own! I find the Kardashians so interesting - what a crazy idea to brand and sell yourself - for limitless profit!! If only....
shazatron101
5112 posts
Mmm maybe but nah, GG ain't my thing. YEESS Kirsty!!! Marco Polo is aaammmazzzee. We finished s2 last night :< but now we can start Stranger Things, and then American Horror Story will be out soon too :D

SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Maree, I told the class they have to watch Real Housewives of Auckland for homework and that I'd watch it too. I'm regretting saying that now. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
i've never seen the Gilmore Girls either!

I love reality TV when it's singing/cooking/dancing shows, or The Amazing Race, Survivor.... god I love Survivor. I don't know if I can cope with classing the Kardashians and the Real Housewives shows as reality TV haha. Not my thing but more power to you if you love them. I don't believe in guilty pleasures; if you enjoy it, go for it and don't feel guilty, I say!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Haha you like all the competitive ones then Trudi. I'm not a fan of the observational ones of people who are just famous for being famous ones either. I quite like ones with a medical theme though. Or property. Amazing how much tv comes under reality tv now. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!