Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Freaking out - Bossy Cosmetics - Cookie Dough Scrubs

28 posts, 12 members
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Omg have you seen Bossy Cosmetics new Cookie Dough Scrubs.  I'm so going to order these and only $6.95, such a good price.  Going to get all of them he he he 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Oooh and Vegan Strawberry and Cream Soap Bars plus Hazelnut Latte Soap Bar.

I hope they have them for awhile, I have already maxed out the CC with Lush hauls ha ha ha xx
Rezee
1964 posts
They sound really good, I need to use up some lush products first too!
trudijoy
8375 posts
yummmmmm i need to go on a use-not-buy for a lil bit though between my Sephora order and the Beautiful Christmas and BR boxes coming up for sale!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
He he he I'm with you on the using up Lush products first but they are on special so I may have to take that into consideration between the confirm or exit out option at the checkout he he he
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
mumof3, you are off the chain! Public enabler #1! Bahahaha!
idomakeupnz
150 posts
Her new products look pretty cute! Just a heads up to people who are Vegan/Vegetarian or buying for someone Vegan/Vegetarian, Bossy don't include ingredients lists for some of their items, or only partial lists. There doesn't seem to be correct ingredient names for micas, dyes or pigments used either - if you are Vegan or Vegetarian or buying for someone who is you should ask for full ingredients lists with correct ingredient names so you can check that the items are fully vegan friendly (:
shazatron101
5112 posts
They look really nice!! But I can't see the list of ingredients, and if I can't see them how do I know they're fully vegan? 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ha ha ha oops, sorry been a massive enabler today posting hauls left right and centre.  I really really want these but I remembered I have a whole load of scrubs to use up.  I'm sure they will come on sale again (I hope he he he) xx
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Dont apologise mumof3. You had me in stitches last night. That's what I love about these sites, knowing I'm not alone! BR/Lush/iherb obsessed!
tannygirl
3392 posts
I just had a look now and oooh yum. I actually only have two body scrubs atm so not long before a few of those fall in my cart legitimately.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
They sound yummy.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ha ha ha that stitches song just came into my head lol.  You may not want to read the latest thread I just started then oops.  I apologise in advance xx
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
That's really odd they don't include full ingredient lists and - dare I say it, irresponsible imo. If someone is allergic to something then I'm sure they would want to check ingredients before they purchase or use a product. I don't know what the laws are regarding full ingredient lists but that ain't cool in my book. If I were vegan I'd definitely want to know every ingredient so that I'd know none of the ingredients are associated with animals. 
Macs
5351 posts
Thats a good point Jess. When I first tried my cleansing bar my face broke out. Funny cause I tried it again and I was ok this time. It would be good to know what in it unless their trying to hide the recipe. Don't they look so good though. Just looking at those Soap Chocolate bars, I definately will add them to my wish list. But for now I will enjoy Lush.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Macs that's odd. I wonder why that happened? I hear what you're saying re a recipe but the same can be said for places like Lush - they have to list their ingredients. Plus it won't say the exact amount of ingredients so you couldn't really steal the recipe anyway. 
Macs
5351 posts
Yeah I wanted to see what ingredients could have cause my breakout of acne. Would be good to know. Was after using that charcoal bar too.
trudijoy
8375 posts
My skin hated the charcoal bar too Macs
idomakeupnz
150 posts
Jess, it is law to include a full list of ingredients on your cosmetic products - whether it be at point of sale (so online) or on the packaging. And it is irresponsible, people have sensitivities to a lot of ingredients that are commonly used in natural products (just because it's natural doesn't mean it won't harm your skin). Especially with essential oils, which Bossy seems very fond of using - essential oils can be incredibly dangerous when used incorrectly.
As for the vegan thing, it is disappointing to say but from what I can tell (as a lot of the products don't include proper or any ingredients lists) most of her products can not be/or should not be sold as vegan. A lot of the bath products contain palm oil, and though "ethically sourced" is still not considered a vegan product.
MareeB
5239 posts
Yum, they gorgeous - both the scrubs and the bars!
Head Pixie
569 posts
Evening,

Just thought I'd jump in at this point and say that perhaps if you have any issues regarding the packaging and labelling of Bossy's products it's best to email the company with your concerns. 

As for whether ethically sourced palm oil is considered vegan or not - that's a contentious issue. A quick Google shows some saying it is, others saying it isn't. Personally I'm adding it to the list of things not to bring up at the dinner table as people have very strong opinions on it either way and aren't likely to be convinced one way or the other if they've made up their mind. Once again, if you have strong feelings about it, you'd be best to email the company - as we'd hate for them to feel they were being slandered on the site (and it's also a no-no in the forum rules.)

Now I'm not saying slandering has gone on, but we wouldn't want it to be seen that way or for it to head that way. 

Right, back to watching Mad Max Fury Road. Giddy aunt, it's tense.

xox

Macs
5351 posts
Me so so naughty. Im sorry pixie xxx
Head Pixie
569 posts
You're all good Macs - and you have every right to want to know what's in a product you're using. As idomakeupnz rightfully pointed out, there are rules around that, which can be found here

xo

Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
mareebros have you tried them already? lol
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oh my god I love Mad Max! I haven't seen the older ones but the new one, yaasss Tom Hardy
Head Pixie
569 posts
Shaz, I seriously keep forgetting to breathe. I've never seen a film quite like it!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Haha I know!! It was a really good movie (I thought). I feel like watching it again hahaha ;-)
Macs
5351 posts
When I think of Mad Max that song comes into my head We dont need another hero lol

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!