Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Forum reminder

9 posts, 4 members
Head Pixie
569 posts
Afternoon!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend! I've been securing outdoor furniture in case the big winds arrive as predicted. Living the dream!

Just wanted to quickly remind y'all that if a thread pops up talking about a store that parallel imports products into New Zealand then it will be removed as per forum rules.

We're huge on championing the New Zealand beauty industry and for that reason we support authorised New Zealand distributors - you can read more about why here

Right, now to buckle down the trampoline.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday X
Sophia
203 posts
Is this why a thread of mine from yesterday disappeared, or because I mentioned a store, or both? Sorry about that ... 

Sophia
203 posts
just read the link - thanks for the info, hadn't seen it before. Is there a page where all these things & forum rules can be found? Sorry if I've missed the obvious! 
That article is interesting - I hadn't considered that the place in question was a parallel importer, just thought that cheap prices were due to lower overheads via not having a store. Is there a way to tell for certain if a place is one of those?
Thanks again
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I imagine it would all be in the terms and conditions- there's a link at the bottom of the page.
Head Pixie
569 posts
Hey Sophia,

All the forum rules are found on the first forum page. So when you click on the 'forum' button they're listed below the categories :)

Here's another great article that explains why it's good to buy from authorised distributors.  After reading it in its early stages (it was being worked on well before my year-long no-buy) I bought products from a parallel importer just to see what would happen and it turned out I bought a six year old concealer and ancient eyeliners. Things I bought from Farmers/Life Pharmacy etc? Fresh as.  

Hahaha, it's best not to get me started ;) 

X Kell

Julieal
915 posts
Fair enough and good for us all to get a reminder.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Reading 'six year old concealer' made my neck shrivel up slightly. That's absolutely horrendous!
Sophia
203 posts
I recently started checking the ages of what I buy.  I do have to say though, that certain department store mentioned above, is guilty of selling the same age Color Tattoo as what I got from Parallel Importer and off TM.  I haven't found a fresh batch of it anywhere yet, even the standard colours that are on the main displays.  
Anyhoo... I am more aware now, so thanks.  
Julieal
915 posts
After reading the article about batch numbers it makes you aware of where you purchase -I little extra spend but a fresh product is worth it and you get a better product.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!