Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

For those reviewing Max Factor

7 posts, 7 members
Imoshen
461 posts
I just had a thought and I should have had it earlier :P.

When you're doing the reviews of these products, there are a couple of tests that you could do to add into your review.

1) the phone test - clean phone screen, hold up to ear and see if there is any product transference.
2) to a lesser extent - the flash photography - just take a photo of yourself using the flash and check out the "flashback".  Does it look natural in the photo or do you get a reflection of the flash?  
3) Have a check in time say 4 hours after application and then maybe 9 or 10 hours after application.  Has the foundation disappeared from your skin?  Has it settled into pores and wrinkles?  Does it look shiny or matte?

Some of these are important points that others would be interested to know before they purchase the product.  Don't forget to mention your skin type :).

MissQT
1547 posts
Good suggestions! I never thought to test points 1 and 2 you mentioned as they are good tests. I often do number 3 but I don't really time it, it's more like I see what it's like at midday then at the end of the day.
g1ggles2
358 posts
Oh my goodness those points are so good and number 1 is like top of me need to know list now that you have mentioned it!!

Macs
5351 posts
Some good points. Cant wait for mine to arrieve.
MareeB
5241 posts
I was just reading through the reviews, having been guided there by FlowerFairy's excellent U-Review. I have to say, the reviews are fabulous and very thorough. Well done everyone!!! Can't wait for Macs and Siouxsannah's to be added too :)
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Some good points, will try these out when I get chance and update my review :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
as someone who spends half their work life with a (black) headset on making calls (204 last week alone!) I hear you on the phone test. Anything that causes my headset to discolour gets lower points from me, that's for sure!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!