Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Fly Buys and beauty....

39 posts, 25 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
...just IG chatting and realised two of my fave hair things at the moment were actually Fly Buys points redemptions!

* Remington Perfect Curls Curler
* Argan Magic "Blow Straight" temporary hair straightener

what have you scored off your FlyBuys points (beauty related or otherwise) that you're stoked (or not so stoked haha) with?

In non-beauty related news... a couple of years ago I got dad a media player - it plugs into the TV and then you plug the external hard drive in so he can watch his videos on the tv not the computer screen. I also got an epic set of kitchen knives that are all different colours and come with their own protective cases; so cool haha.
Kellyleanne
551 posts
I got a new slow cooker which I use all the time and a soda stream machine. Love the soda stream machine as I use it everyday to have fizzy drinks made with the new grapefruit flavour which is made with stevia (so delicious and no sugar) 

im eyeing up the nespresso coffee machine next and lots of beauty products (of course) just need to wait for more points to be earned! 
chikoboo
3402 posts
I haven't used my flybuy points for any beauty related I don't think, but I did use them for a blender and cashed in some for New World groceries vouchers.  Also have had a couple of the liquorland vouchers too to get spirits with.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Over the years I have gotten some beersies for my step dad, a cast iron char griller, a handheld mixer and a few weeks ago I got 2 of the $50 grocery vouchers. I've always wanted to get the Mad Millie cheese kits though, but I know I won't eat the cheese it makes haha, and I have about 14 items in my dreamlist, and 6 of them are beauty related haha.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I normally cash out my flybuys for beer and liquor then pass it onto my brother as when I have gone to use it I don't have enough for some stuff and the point are about to expire.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I've got a set of kitchen knives (not cool colourful ones though), some cider, and New World vouchers. I'm eyeing up some Antipodes products next!
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
Trudi you always start the coolest/interesting/exciting/feel good threads! I have only used my Fly Buys points to get magazine subscriptions, alcohol etc although there are some great beauty buys. Redeeming on New World vouchers also works out quite well and they can be used in the beauty aisle. xx
trudijoy
8375 posts
aww thanks Chelsea xx They're always just random thoughts or conversations I've had haha! I'm always tempted to get wine on Flybuys lol
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
The only things I have used my flybuys for are to buy SD cards for my camera. Boring but practical ;)
Mila
1209 posts
I havent used my fly buys in ages.....but I have over the years got a couple of beauty related items, I have got some Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream ( I still love that stuff ) , I once got a pair of remington straightners (back then amazing but now not the same as my GHD's of course) and a blow dryer but that was really far back so  I cant remember the brand or anything
Kellie
570 posts
Holy moly, I have never thought about using my Fly Buys for beauty I always end up getting a pie maker, or popcorn maker, or electronic thermometer... Mind. Blown. And I see I have enough points for the Antipodes Hosanna Serum, which apparently is amazing (according to the ladies at Farmers who were promoting it during Beauty Week). So much temptation! Thanks, Trudi :) 
trudijoy
8375 posts
haha no worries kellie ;)
kirstysays
762 posts
I actually haven't reedemed any flybuys points on beauty items funnily enough...I've used them for more practical things, which is odd haha.  I do have some beauty items saved on my wishlist though.
Great idea Trudi. I must check out what beauty products they have. In the past have redeemed for homeware, music, activities....
Kellie
570 posts
Kirstysays - there's a wishlist!? Well that's what I'll be playing with today :)
Mandz
86 posts
I have got a few things, some pink frying pans, magazine subscription and got Viktor and Rolf flowerbomb from them at Xmas which was by far the best!! :).. I'm eyeing up a coffee machine on there at the moment :) 
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
How did i forget that fly buys have a beauty section. Duh moment! I normally just use my fly buys points to get new world vouchers and then buy stuff from there but will have to see how many points i have and what i can actually buy.
chikoboo
3402 posts
I know I keep forgetting that they have beauty products but as both the hubby and I earn the points together I don't feel right spending the rewards on something just for myself so I think I'll try and forget that they have those items lol
ChristineHoll
152 posts
I've never actually looked at the beauty section! I usually use fly buys on New World vouchers or sheet sets which uses a lot of points. I just had a quick look though and there is a shisedo foundation brush on there that I was planning to get from Sephora so this might come in handy!
Macs
5351 posts
I've never used fly buys points for beauty. I have used it to get a rice cooker. Wouldnt mind getting a new perfume.
Macs
5351 posts
error*
pintsize
1072 posts
Heehee funny thing is I didn't realise until the night before you posted this thread that Flybuys had beauty products (the perfume yes... skincare not even a thought).
But then we had snow and lost power so it cut my browsing short.
Come on here and see it is a thread lol oh the timing! :)
I can rest assured knowing someone on here will keep me up to date when all else fails (thank you hubby for stashing the last few flybuys catalogues :/ )

I have since been adding things to my wishlist too... started out thinking oh not really anything I want for myself so start adding toys for the kids, then hubby, then ... Oh look... skin care!!! heehee
Not going to spend yet as no points due to expire.

:)
MissQT
1547 posts
I've never used fly buys points to redeem beauty products either. But I think I'll have to get some next time! Takes me ages to build up points though.
jalb88
121 posts
Interested to hear if any of you have used the 40 carrots range ? I'm eyeing up a cleansing brush thing which comes with their cleanser at the moment! 
Mandz
86 posts
have seen fly buys finally have the vs sasson 3q hair dryer!! been waiting to see if they would :) have just used my fly buys points to get it!!! have been wanting this hair dryer since BR started talking about :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
I just went and checked, and flybuys have so much new makeup/beauty products! I've never seen the OPI polishes, nor the Max Factor stuff in there before! Plus so many perfumes, I've never seen that many on there before either! So thats pretty cool :-D
trudijoy
8375 posts
lol shush shaz I'm not meant to be accumulating :p
shazatron101
5112 posts
Well Trudi, I'm a nasty enabler haha. Just ask Shana_Banana. She'll tell you all about my terrible enabling ways :P
trudijoy
8375 posts
LA LA LA LA I CAN"T HEAR YOU :p
shazatron101
5112 posts
Mwahahahahahahahahaha look at that you made me cackle evilly! :P The OPI colors look sooooo pretty. Pity I don't like OPI hahahaha
ChristineHoll
152 posts
Oh this is awesome! I was kicking myself for not buying a Max Factor CC cream last week but I see now it's on Fly Buys as a reward!
sam_clarkson
205 posts
im running off to check now- knowing me il have points due to expire lol
_Nicole_
124 posts
Thanks team ! I had no points ready to expire but i spent them all (now have 6 remaining) oops haha , When i saw this post all i thought of was "oh i can buy more make up without my fiance needing to know" .
I purchased the max factor cc cream and the max factor primer!
Yay! I felt like a little kid in a candy store. There was such an awesome veriaty on fly buys.
roll on the next 10days for my goodies to arrive :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
the 120 point Argan Oil 'Blow Straight'temporary hair straightener is a fave for me. It makes my hair sooooo nice.
_Nicole_
124 posts
what!!! i didnt even see that one :( . Think its time to start saving my points again so i some more goodies
TillysMum
30 posts
I was fortunate to win 1000 FB points in January through Facebook and Mitre10, so have been in a position to "buy" almost anything I wanted through Flybuys.  I have quite a bit on my Dreamlist (lol) including Marc Jacobs Dot EDP 50ml (640pts), Vera Wang Princess EDT 50ml (315pts), and Vidal Sassoon Wet to Dry Style Straightener (260pts).  What I have used my Flybuys for though, has been 1ltr Blackboard paint (for Miss4's wardrobe door), $50 New World gift card (groceries when I was caught short), Black & Decker Wet and Dry Dustbuster, Breville Waffle Maker, Lexar 32GB USB (childrens movies for Miss4), and The Very Hungry Caterpillar Game (Miss4).  Now I am back to 76points again.

BTW, nice profile pic Trudi.  Looks great.
MissAimeeJean
267 posts
I love Fly Buys! Was lucky to use my points on Marc Jacobs 'Daisy'. Was such a treat recieving it in the post.
ladythorn
108 posts
I haven't used any of my Flybuys for beauty related purchases. I would like to but seeing as it's a family collection of points then we tend to buy something the whole family can use otherwise it would be selfish of me to use them on myself. 
Rezee
1964 posts
I usually buy kitchen appliances or new world vouchers. I have looked atvthe beauty stuff though but my practical side wins out. I dont earn that many flyby points anywy since new world isnt my main shop.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!