Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Fight the Frizz

9 posts, 6 members
Imoshen
461 posts
I have very fine, straight fly away hair that mostly gets tied up all day everyday but sometimes when I go out, I like to wear it down buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut frizz (that ad on tv at the moment Cure for Frizz is funny!).  

Can anyone recommend any decent anti frizz products?  (not shampoo or conditioner, very sensitive hands and I have those items covered).

I need something that I can put in my hair after washing (which I do every day).  I let my hair dry naturally and I don't want something that will leave a residue or build up after several days of use.

I'm happy to look at salon only products or pay a bit of money for it but it really must do what it promises so pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease make a suggestion or two as I really don't want to trust one of those young girls that get their hair styled at the salon everyday because they work there.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i love the Lee Stafford Anti humidity spray, but my ultimate for in my hair is actually rosehip oil. It stops it being flyaway and makes it shine, and the oil absorbs so it nourishes it as well. I used to use the Trilogy one but have switched to Skinfood because it's cheaper and smells nicer
Imoshen
461 posts
Awesome!  Thank you, I'll add this to my list to check out.  
MareeB
5241 posts
Hi Imoshen I've got the L'Oreal Super Sleek blow drying mist for frizzy hair and I find it very good. You can use it on wet or dry hair.
Imoshen
461 posts
Sweet!  I'll look into this on the weekend too.  Just hoping for a product that doesn't contain a lot of silicones, my hair does not seem to like that too much.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hey chick. I have the frizz also lol. I use a tiny bit of coconut oil and also hask oils. They are amazing and you can get them from kmart or farmers. They also smell devine. Hope you find something that works for you.
Macs
5351 posts
I love Loreal Miraculous oil I got in the Cant believe its hair box. Almost run out too.
Imoshen
461 posts
Quick update - I ordered a bottle of Squalane from The Ordinary which finally arrived.  I've been using it most nights for the past week and a bit and it's actually really nice.  I am finding I don't have to use conditioner every night anymore and my hair doesn't seem to be falling out as much.

It does leave a slightly oily feel to it but it doesn't look or feel unpleasant.  I am still experimenting with it though but so far, I like how soft and smooth it makes my hair.
Priestess
18 posts
Even though I have thick hair, this should work for fine hair too, just be careful what oils you use, each has its own quality and one can be thicker/heavier for your hair which could weight it down.   At the end of the day before I hit the sheets I brush out my hair to the point that it is a huge mass of fizz, then I take a few drops of rosehip oil, rub it into my palms till warm then tease it through my hair avoiding the roots,  once my look dry from the oil being absorbed into the hair I then mess with the roots and baby hairs around my face so a very small amount of the oil is transferred to these areas.   It works the same with different oils, why I use rosehip oil is simply because I had it, it didn't work on my skin and I didn't want to waste it, so started to add to my hair in the attempts to control the frizz and it has, I end up with more manageable hair that is less likely to frizz up the next day.  It also seems to help the health of my hair in terms of not looking dry or developing excessive split ends.  

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!