Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Feet like my Dad

16 posts, 11 members
Now I know over the years I have brought this up a couple of times but who else has heels so rough they feel like you have a thousand layers of skin.  I use a foot file which smoothes my heel but I still have "my Dad's feet".  During summer I am in barefeet around the house constantly and do wear ballet flats and other shoes which probably aren't the best for your feet.  I have never been to Podiatrist.  Has anyone else?  Not sure potions and lotions are going to remedy this  :-(
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I feel like there is a product called something like baby foot. And there are others too. I've never really tried them because I overall have really soft sensitive feet (which is worse I promise, shoes are never comfortable).
Kimrose
1416 posts
When my feet are getting like that I will pull out my scholl express pedi and give them a good going over.  Then I will use a foot cream like Eulactol.  I put it on at night and wear socks to bed as well so it dosent rub off on my sheets.  I do this for a couple of nights and they are good as new.
itsclearascrystal, thank you for the suggestions.  I have never thought of people at the other end of the spectrum having sensitive feet!  How do you cope?
kim_rose, I agree Eulactol is a nice heel balm  :-)  Unfortunately my issues are literally a lot deeper.  Almost feels as though I have inbuilt, hard heels within my heels if that makes any sense lol.  x
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yeah! You can get masks for your feet, like asclearascrystal said. You put the little sock on your foot and pour in the liquid, and wait 60-90 minutes (at least thats what my recent one said), and then after a few days/a week your feet will peel! I also find Lush bombs soften my feet like nothing else, and afterwards I use a pumice stone to get the dead skin off :D
MareeB
5241 posts
I do: foot file, followed by a soak in rock salt/epsom salts/ lavendar oil/peppermint oil, then heavy moisturising lotion, then socks, then a long sleep! Soft feet and calm mind by the morning :)
Kimrose
1416 posts
Maree, that sounds like bliss.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
There are a few foot mask products like babyfoot out. On a few sites I did ready you got better results if you soaked your feet first to soften them and then used the foot mask leaving it on 90 minutes or the longest time listed on the box. It also advised to soak feet every day for about 10 minutes to give the best results from the skin peeling. You can repeat this after 4 weeks. I have a Japanese one from Ippondo but you can get them off beautynet.korea if you like Korean skincare. Babyfoot is just one of the best known.
You could soak in vinegar and water before filing followed by moisturiser and socks, this would be a day or two day repeat until you were happy with them. You could even combine it with the foot mask between the peeling stages.
I found the best thing is a really good moisturiser. I always live in jandles or bare feet over summer. I tend to file them then use a really good moisturiser and put lots on under socks before bed you can also glad wrap them before putting your socks on. Maybe ask your doctor about a moisturiser they maybe able to script one for you which would make life easier and cheaper.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Whittakers-lover, I use gel heel grips in my shoes.

I don't know if these would help, but gel socks are supposed to help nourish feet. Not sure if they'd make them softer though.
Macs
5351 posts
This winter my feet have been dry. I normally put body butter on my feet during the day. I use a pumice to file my feet. At night I put vaseline on my heels with socks. That normally hydrates them. I haven't used a heel balm before . 
tannygirl
3392 posts
I remember a time a couple years back when I neglected my feet and had really dry rough heels that my guy at the time hated it when my feet would rub against his legs by accident during the night. I bought a couple of foot files with the sandpaper and to get my heels and feet sanded into a better more maintainable state. I did spend every other evening the first week sanding my feet down and then after that I kept a pumice in the shower and every night when I got in the shower before I washed my body, I scrub my heels for a minute. If you're looking for something more fun then a plain pumice, Lush have a new Pumice Power Foot Soap and there's the Sandstone Soap which is scrubby enough for your heels. I haven't had a problem with rough heels for over a year though I do have other foot problems (frostbite in winter) to make up for that. I also find a foot balm a bit more heavy duty than a foot cream and get a couple pairs of cheap cotton socks to wear to bed to seal in the moisture. 
itsclearascrystal, great idea about gel inserts! I should investigate that (amongst everything else!). I am starting to build up some muscle in my upper arms with all the sanding!  lol
2lilmnkys
106 posts
Hmmm that mask sounds good Shazatron. Il keep an eye out. I do have dry rough heels from time to time and hubby is not always pleased.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
A podiatrist may well be able to help you if you are still unhappy after following all the great suggessions here. Good luck!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!