Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Favourite Type of Eyeliner?

21 posts, 19 members
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Alrighty so I went through a phase where I would only wear liquid eyeliner every single day. But I could never manage to do a good wing, even with the tape trick. Now I've discovered the wonderful world of using eyeshadow on an angled brow brush to create the perfect winged liner, I hardly go for my liquid liner anymore. So what do you like to use? Gel/cream, liquid, pencil or eyeshadow?
Qweenkaren
313 posts
My liquid eyeliner is still the easiest to apply, but I also love my Gel eye-liners. My poor pencils only get a look in when I have my lighter handy to heat the 'lead' otherwise I have to press to hard & it hurts.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I'm not a fan of liquid eyeliner and prefer a gel, but my everyday go-to is a soft gel pencil eyeliner (usually black) applied to the top lashes only to define the eye and then a coloured eyeshadow (any colour) on an angled brush to create a funky, colourful winged eyeliner.  The eye shadow is much easier to apply and easier to fix if there's a mistake and it sticks to and sets the pencil eyeliner!
Macs
5351 posts
It has to be my gel eye liner which I've used up ... miss it badly
Lutece
1849 posts
I use Milani eye tech extreme liner, its a liquid liner but in the form of a felt tip brush, depending how you hold it you can create thick or thin lines, far better than any liquid liner, Ive attached my review to here
trudijoy
8375 posts
Gel or kohl pencils. I like em either jet black, or super bright. I often do fast (read: workday) eye looks with 2-3 coloured eyeliners on top and black on the bottom. Also, I love white eyeliner under eyeshadow to pop the colour at the lashline.

I'm also falling more and more in love with liquid eyeliner (mine are mostly Sephora, but I do really like the Miki one too) on the mid to outer edge, and extended slightly beyond.

I'm using the Mica gel liner atm and I adore it, but really keen to get back to M.A.C. Rimmel are pretty good too. My coloured ones are Sephora, Urban Decay, Rimmel and a couple of other cheaper brands like DB, Jordana and Essence. My white one is by e.l.f and I adore it but it vanishes sooo fast! I buy based on formula and colour lol.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
For me it depends one what kind of look I am going for. For winged liner, liquid liner is my absolute fave. Whilst I love the look of gel liner I find it difficult to apply. For a smokey or grungy look then pencil liners or kohls are my absolute favourite, smudged heavily along the bottom lash line.
SandieNZ
424 posts
I have liquid liners for the black - I've got a doll face one which is a small brush, and then the EOH pen one.  All the rest are EOH pencils which I adore, so soft and gentle to apply!
kirstyj
1732 posts
I'm a big fan of your plain old pencil eyeliners, and I have a few! Most days I am after something really simple and easy. I love doing one thicker line, smudge it out then a thinner line closest to the lash line. It is a whole eye look with one product.

The main reason though is that no matter how many times I try I can not do the liquid eyeliner flick, just looks uneven and too thick every single time!
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Eye of horus is my fav. Their pencil ones are amazing.
I find liquid liners super easy and quick to put on tho. I have a few lime crime ones. They just run when you cry.which I hate
Jacinda
13 posts
I discovered this incredible eyeliner that was a liquid one but in a crayon form...I know, it sounds weird but went on so well and lasted all day.  I found it easy to apply and yet I don't know what brand it was and haven't been able to find it since.  Does any one know what I'm talking about? IDE love to discover it again!
Cesy
162 posts
I too use the eye shadow on a angled brush- that's my lazy day option but you're right, it's so effective!

I now love my gel eyeliner, it's my favourite for black as night eye liner with wings! If we're going colours, I do prefer a pencil, I now avoid black eyeliner pencils. I have a purple Bourjois liquid eyeliner that is ok, as long as no one looks too closely at my line, it's a bit uneven and wonky!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I've tried all of them and to be honest I'm an eyeliner virgin because no matter how long I take or what I use with the exception of gel eyeliner, it doesn't look right or stay on.  Gel eyeliner is the only one that I seem to get at least half right lol. Most of the time now I just wear CC cream and BB cream over the top and no eye makeup.  Anyone want to come to place and give me a tutorial lol.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Im still trying to work out my favourite eyeliners, but i use all of them! Liquid, gel, pencil, etc etc! I love EOH, and sometimes i use the Benefit lash-hugging eyeliner,but thats a love hate relationship. Im looking into purchasing a few drug store brands aswell that are meant to be quite good, but will have to try them first and see for myself
Rezee
1964 posts
I love using all types of eyeliner.  My go to is usually my elf liquid liner but I do use all the other types too. If I want to do a wing, I find gel or cream eyeliner the best and if I set it with eyeshadow then it will last all day for me.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Marzipan the Essence Waterproof liquid liner is like $4 and it's amaaaaazing ^-^
notjaya
62 posts
I like using kohl and cream eye liner pencils. For wings, I use eyeshadow to draft the wing and top it with a liquid eyeliner.
neninoir
210 posts
Generally I use gel then go over with a liquid liner to sharpen and deepen the colour. I also love to use a soft pencil for a smokey look :)
pintsize
1072 posts
I am still madly in love with my EOH pencils but I am tight-lining with them.
I still have a play with the liquid liner from time to time to get the wings going, I just can't get the same results with a gel liner.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
oh, is that the range (essence) that is now available at farmers? i don't think my farmers has the range yet, but il wait until it does and try snap one of these up. I mean for $4, its worth a try, especially because its a product i use everyday so it will be $4 well spent.
Mila
1209 posts
I was a pencil girl until recently I bought the ELF gel eyeliner, I dont think I could go back to a pencil now and no smudgies which is perfect !! :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!