Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

False lash tips?

7 posts, 4 members
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
Hi all, hope everyone's having a lovely Sunday :)
Haven't been on here much lately with full time study, part time work and full time mum life !!  
Anyway, I've just got a bunch of lashes from Eve lashes to try out - but I've never had much success in the past - so has anyone got some words of wisdom for me before I try and make a mess of things? 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
After carefully removing the false lashes from the container, hold the lash up to your eye and measure the fit.  Trim any excess from the outer corner, if necessary.  Then apply a good quality eyelash adhesive (I prefer to use Duo Adhesive, available from MAC stores) and let the glue dry for 30 seconds before applying it to the skin directly above your lashline.  This allows the glue to become tacky and it will stick better.

I prefer to hold my lashes with tweezers and start applying the false lashes at the inner corner and work towards the outer corner, but this is just personal preference, some people prefer to start in the middle and work out towards either side.  Experiment with whatever works best for you.

To make your false lashes last longer after wearing them, carefully peel them off at the end of the day or evening (start at the outer corner and peel inwards) and then gently pull off any glue that may still be stuck on the edge of the lashes before washing them lightly in warm, soapy water.  Leave them to air dry, before storing them on the plastic tray in the box they came in to retain their shape.

I hope this helps.
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
Thank you! That's super helpful :) 

JessB
219 posts
Firstly, thank you Ksjc_nz for starting this forum, because my friend and I are about to embark on our first fake-lash experiment and were wondering this also.
Secondly, that's really great advice thanks Silvene, feeling a lot less worried about it now.

When you take the false lashes off at the end of the day do you find that your own lashes get stuck to the glue and get pulled out..?
Macs
5351 posts
Hey there, 

I just tried Eve eye lashes last week. Easiest lashes I've ever applied to date. 

Use tweezers that have good grip. Have some wipes ,cotton tips and micellar water on hand for any excess glue spillages . 

Some scissors to shorten the lashes.

Good luck. I'm still learning myself.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Removing false lashes shouldn't pull out your natural ones. The only time this will happen is if you've applied your falsies in the wrong place or have used too much glue. 

False lashes need to be applied to the skin directly above your lash line and not onto your natural lashes. Glue needs to be applied to the false lash strip and not directly onto the eyelid. Also, wait for 30 seconds after putting the glue sparingly on the lash strip before applying them. This gives the glue time to go tacky, they'll stick better and there won't be any excess glue oozing out into your natural lashes or eye. 
JessB
219 posts
All great advice and I am definitely taking notes! Thank you ladies

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!