Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Fake tan is not for your palms.............

12 posts, 11 members
Sooooooooo, I have finally busted out my Oasis Beauty Super Tan - which looks great on.  But doesn't look so great on my hands where I have managed to NOT wash it off in parts. Being a mostly responsible adult, I thought I could at least wash my hands properly.  But clearly not. Apart from the obvious, any tips on removing the unwanted patches of fake tan from my palms??
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I use nail polish remover when I get fake tan or dye on the bathroom vanity, you could see if it works on your hands as well. I also recommend a tanning mitt, it really does make a difference when you're applying an instant tan.
Qweenkaren
313 posts
I must bust that out again soon. But I always use a rubber glove... Normally have some left over gloves from using hair dye (2 boxes at a time!)
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I usually scrub my hands from fingertip to wrist with soap and a nail brush after applying self-tan but on occasion where I've missed a few spots, I've found that mixing a few drops of tissue oil (baby oil or a cleansing oil might also work) with a pea-sized amount of body exfoliator in my hands and then using this to exfoliate them has removed the rest of the stain.  Also, moisturise your hands well after exfoliating them. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
rock salt and lemon juice mixed to a scrubby paste
Macs
5351 posts
Oh I haven't used mine yet. Normally I'd go for a Body scrub .
I normally use a mit for applying my tan now as its so much easier and less messy. Before discovering these I would have the same problem didn't seem to matter how well you thought you washed them you get the lovely tan lines so I would keep a body scrub on my handbasson then when washing my hands I just used a bit aswell rather then trying to scrub it off hard
Great suggestions ladies, thank you!!!  x
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
A good mitt would work wonders!!!! I've used a couple of self tanners without a mitt and hello orange hands! Which I never was successful in getting off lol but Goodluck! :)
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Seconding lemon juice! Fake tan hands are no fun
MissQT
1547 posts
Ooh that reminds me that I've still got mine to use too! I think I have a glove too which is good.
MrsRosie
214 posts
I use a mitt for my foam tanning products, but with lotions I find it easier to use my hands aswell. You can always pick up a tan remover from most pharmacies too if you are in desperate need. Otherwise you will find the tan will go off your hands after a couple of days :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!