Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

11 posts, 9 members
geolowry
26 posts
Hey girlys!

I have really acne prone skin and I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good types of facials for people with acne?
Manda129
419 posts
Hey Geolowry

A really good facial to have is one that includes Desincrustation and/or High Frequency treatments in them, just ring around salons and see who does them. 

Desincrustation is a deep cleansing drawing treatment which helps to open pores and break down any oil under the skin. 

High Frequency enhances blood circulation, increase collagen and elastin production, eliminate toxins and acne-causing bacteria, encourage lymphatic drainage, exfoliate dead skin cells.It also has anti bacterial properties and cleanses the skin of bacteria so if used regularly it helps keep the skin clean, and also dry out any active acne you may have. With regular use, high frequency facials can be very effective at reducing the size of enlarged pores by controlling excess sebum(oil) production and decrease blackheads Hope this helps :)
BeautyCutie
130 posts
Clay masks are quite good for drawing out impurities from the skin.
chikoboo
3402 posts
I would recommend Queen Helene natural mud mask, its amazing for dragging out all the trapped dirt and nasties that are lying in your pores, which in turn produces spots and acne.  Queen Helene also do a grape extract peel off mask that is great also for treating existing acne, it kind of rips it all out and leave smooth skin.   Couple that with a good facial scrub and you'll be amazed how you acne will calm down =)
tannygirl
3392 posts
Yes, I second clay and mud masques. Some are expensive but if you look around at different brands you can find some with really good natural ingredients at a reasonable price. I use a clay masque after wearing thick greasy sunscreen on a weekly basis and it does help clean out my pores and prevent breakouts.
geolowry
26 posts
Thanks for your help girls I will definitely look into a clay or mud mask, does anyone know about glam glow? Looks like i'll be busy tomorrow ringing up salons to find out who offers that type of service!! 
Cat
474 posts
I use Glam Glow (white tub), it's ridiculously expensive but it's really good at drawing oil from your pores. I use it as a spot treatment now I'm on the dregs of my container. On bad cases I sleep with it on a spot and in the morning the spot is reduced. It has, on those pesky deep bumps, drawn the gross stuff up which is amazing to me. Lately it's been great in conjunction with The Body Shop Tea Tree blemish gel, it's made me able to get rid of a spot pretty quickly.

As an all over mask it is amazing too, if you don't mind the price for a little container go for it. But you may find alternatives. I've been sampling Cactus Skincare White Clay mask and it's pretty good too, I would even say just as good. It's pricey too though. It stings my face on application which isn't nice, but once it dries down its fine and is easier to rince off then GlamGlow. It leaves my skin really nice. 
ree_nz
247 posts
Cat - I'm jealous! Always wanted to try Glam Glow but it is just way to pricey for me to justify haha! Good to know that it works though!
beautybee
12 posts
i love my clay and mud masks i find they work wonders for my skin , i use one thats called rotorua mud mask and i quite like that :)
Jesse
745 posts
I have acne prone skin as well, and I love microdermabrasion facials. My skin always feels so soft afterwards. If you have an active acne flare-up, it's important that they don't do micro on that area, but otherwise it's awesome for clearing away the surface skin. 

Otherwise for at home stuff I love mud masks and The Body Shops Tea Tree Mask, nice and tingly.

Cat
474 posts
ree_nz I know! I only got it because I found it on Cosme-de.com and they had 25% off and I had a $5 store credit. I'm scraping the sides, makes me want to cry! It is really nice if you don't mind splurging! 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!