Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

13 posts, 8 members
KiwiLass
174 posts
I had a voucher for a neauty therapist to use after Christmas, so decided to try their eyelash perm - something I'd never heard of before (seems pretty crazy huh!). I have short, very blond eyelashes - the worst kind - so am a major mascara addict. 
Anyway, I was SUPER impressed with how good my lashes look after a tint and perm! It really is as good as mascara, if not better on the curl and lift. I only need to put mascara on my bottom lashes for the next 6 weeks (about how long it lasts, though it will likely start to drop in the last couple of weeks).
I'm sure the chemicals used are not great for the lashes, so I'll be usign lash condirtioner after it drops.
still, I thought I'd put it out there for others with sad lashes like mine, in case they wanted to try it.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I had it done a couple of times in Vietnam but they were so ridiculously curly that I still had to use eyelash curlers to straighten them out a bit lol. Also the solution they used just smelt like regular perming solution which was a bit scary so close to my eyes. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
back when i used to get all this stuff done free i had my (long, dark) lashes permed. The first couple days they look odd bc they're so curly they're nearly folded in two, then they release and look pretty nice for a while. I DID get the solution in one eye at one stage and i don't recommend that, wasn't fun :/

I don't think i'd pay to have it done, personally - unless i had an event or something i needed to oomph them for
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Haha that's what mine were like too, Trudi, but they took about three weeks to drop. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
soozie - i probably flattened them faster because i couldn't stop touching them to see if they were still weird :p
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I was straightening mine daily and they still didn't drop for weeks lol. 
Kimrose
1415 posts
This sounds great for ladies with straight lashes but its not something I would do. I use a lash serum and mascara.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
My Mum is similar to you and got her eyelashes tinted too. I don't think she used the perm option though. She has since gone over to fibre lashes which is so much more effective. She would have to go back to get her eyelashes re-done after not noticing any difference and they had to re-apply the tint.

She is super fussy and has really sensitive eyes too, so that might be another good option to try, plus its cheaper and you can apply as little or as much as you like.
KiwiLass
174 posts
I haven't heard of fiber lashes, will have to check it out!
MareeB
5239 posts
I dye mine, but I don't think I could perm them.
MissQT
1547 posts
I'm interested in getting a lash lift. A couple of my friends have had them down and they look really good. I think I would prefer it to false lashes 
Julieal
915 posts
I wouldn,t be keen on perming my eyelashes but have had them tinted a couple of times which was really good.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Definitely look into the fibre lashes KiwiLass. Personally I don't favour them that much as I just can't seem to get the results my Mum does but I already have thick dark eyelashes so don't really need them. Whereas it shows up on my Mum so well and they make her eyes pop.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!