Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Eye lid twitches? NBR

25 posts, 23 members
Lutece
1849 posts
Hi guys, so today the top of my eye lid has been twitching constantly, at least every 2 hours which has never happened before, I have had my eyes twitch but not my eye lid twitch,

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Im just weirded out that the fact its moving when its not supposed to haha!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Ive had that hon. Random eyelid spasm lol. Usually its been when my eyes are tired or ive had hayfever. Try something soothing like a warm cloth over them while you lay back and relax
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
It's the nerves of your lids nothing too much to concern yourself with unless its continuous and hasn't stopped yet then seek medical advice. I have had the few twitches myself in the past which I believe for myself to be linked to stress over tiredness or defeciency but not nothing thst didn't stop or came back repeatedly just from looking back at when these occurred the time of it all had these factors attached but of course we each are wired different so if you're overly concern med seek medical advice try your local pharmacy first
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
As Trudi says
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Ive had throbbing eyelids but not twitching thank goodness. I hope they didn't stick around long.
Macs
5351 posts
I get that happening too. It will pass. Some good suggestions from the ladies. I normally give my face a light massage and it normally passes. I never rub my eyes just around them. If it doesn't pass, would be good to get it checked out xx 
charly
456 posts
I get it when I'm really tired. Your body is telling you to slow down!
ragingfrog
1289 posts
My left one twitches on occassion never my right one. Mine have been just muscle spasms but you can twitch for something iritating it as well
Mila
1209 posts
I used to get them all the time mainly when tired and run down, I take magnesium which helps it gross to relax your muscles and nervous system :) eye twitches drive me crazy
Rezee
1964 posts
Eye twitches are so annoying,  its only happened to me twice before but it irritated me so much! I did Google and yes apparently magnesium helps a lot. I hope it stopped for you today.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Some days I get this really bad. It's crazy. It makes me giggle as first then drives me nuts. Normally happens when I'm tired
alikat
423 posts
I usually get twitchy when I get tired. Last week I suffered through a couple of days of my right eye twitching in the under eye area. When I took my makeup off, I could see the vein under my skin in full on spasm mode. That was a cue to slow down and I wish I could slow down right now. Life is just utter poop. Almost expecting some eye twitches today actually.
chikoboo
3402 posts
My stress normally passes straight by the eye twitch motion when at work straight to throwing things lol.  But when I do get the eye twitch a warm cloth does wonders, so does shutting the eyes and taking 10 long deep breathes.
Maybe body needing a little magnesium top up  :-) x
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I get a twitch in my left eyelid when I'm really stressed out by something.  It usually lasts a few days or until the stressful period ends and then the twitch seems to magically disappear.  The longest I've ever had it for was 3 weeks, during a really stressful time.  It did eventually go away but it was an irritation while it lasted.
janini9
341 posts
Treat yourself to a smoothie with avocado, banana and cocao ( high in magnesium, potassium etc) and have a rest. It might be stress related, dehydration or a slight mineral imbalance. But if it doesn't stop and it's worrying you, go get it checked. 

wrxchicky
15 posts
I've had this most of this week! Interesting reading what courses it. I can relate to all that's been mentioned 
MareeB
5239 posts
I get eye twitches when I'm tired too. I didn't know magnesium was helpful for them - that's a great tip :)
MareeB
5239 posts
wrzchicky that cake looks awesome!
SandyGedge
394 posts
I get them all the time, mainly when I'm tired. Hopefully it passes otherwise the BR ladies have some fab suggestions for you hun  :)
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I get them on my lower lids sometimes. It feels really funny but I think it's just because I'm tired. Nothing to worry about!
Marcel
335 posts
I get the odd rapid eye lid twitch too and it feels scary! But i've been by my doctor that it's nothing to worry about so long as it's not a very regular thing.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Everynow and again my eye will twitch alot, and personally I find it happens more when I'm tired so atleast I know how to reduce it.
Julieal
915 posts
Are you overdoing things ? I get it if I am really stressed -
jalb88
121 posts
Funny you posted this! I woke up yesterday morning with my eyebrow (the inner bit right above my eye and nose) in full on twitch mode, and its still doing it! It feels so weird, this is a newbie for me too as usually my inner corner of my eye twitches. Def off to take some magnesium! I hope your eyelids stopped by now, such a weird feeling! 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!