Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Eye Creams, Anti Wrinkle miracles and tricks x

6 posts, 5 members
isemonger
224 posts
As another birthday looms this week and I face facts I am fast entering another age group. I am looking into looking after my skin and being kind to it.

I am a huge sunscreen user (as I am super fair and the sun cooks me) but would love suggestions for things. Especially eye creams, anti wrinkle creams and tips.

My friend swears by pamper day sunday. Every sunday night she does a face mask, cleases, tones, exfoliates, moisturizes, does her nails, treats her hair etc. And while we don't always have as much time as her I love this idea and will be introducing a mini sunday routine :)

Plus the bodyshop just brought back their blueberry body butter (birthday week is looking good!)

Thanks in advance x
chikoboo
3402 posts
I'm not alone then lol.  I have pamper Sunday, and it wonderful as it not only gets your skin primed by exfoilanting, putting on masks, soaking in bath bombs, etc.. but it makes you relax and stress can do alot of damage to your skin.  Its a day I say I ain't cooking, cleaning or tidying up after anyone, and do spend on average 2 hours in the bath (espeically if the hubby has been nice and popped to the shop to grab a bottle of rose and a small bar of chocolate, make reading in the bath way more relaxing) 

As I entered this age group (30's) I started to use AA creams as it has the sunscreen in it, moisturiser and works as a primer.  Rosehip oil (OMG!! I love this stuff) has made the most dramtic effect on my skin.  I used to use under eye creams but have recently stopped and used just the oil over all my skin, it has firmed up areas, plumped out the odd teeny tiny wrinkle and has just started to fade out the dark circles around my eyes.

isemonger
224 posts
Thanks so much!!! Rosehip oil for the win then :)

And I am happy to hear you also have a pamper sunday - I like the no cooking bonus of yours too ;)
deville
42 posts
I love the idea of Sunday pamper day but alas I doubt i'd find enough time to do all that needs to be done.  A mask and soak in the bath is about the most I could manage.  I also love rosehip oil but have had good results with Dermalogica's eye cream - definitely worth a go. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
I am approaching 30 although I do have a few more years before I am. I've always as good care of my skin as though I was in my 30s or even 40s although I do have to be careful not to use products that are too heavy as they will make me break out. I would recommend applying a serum to your skincare routine and I guess exfoliating at least once a week. If you haven't already added an eye cream or eye serum to your skincare I would recommend Trilogy's Co-Q 10 eye serum as it's cheap, lasts almost a year used twice a day and actually gives results. And a good healthy diet and lifestyle definitely helps and you could try taking a skincare supplement. Thumbs up on applying sunscreen daily if there ever is a anti-aging cosmetic it's sunscreen as it's much easier to apply sunscreen to prevent wrinkles and sunspots than to look for some miracle cream or serum to take them away. Have great landmark birthday.
Lutece
1849 posts
Im with you on this one!
Pamper Sunday sounds amazing!!! Ive only started trying to look after my skin, ive brought the RoC deep wrinkle night cream & their deep wrinkle moisturiser which should arrive soon, Chikoboo has convinced me to buy Rosehip oil :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!