Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

eye cream recommendations please

18 posts, 14 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
SUPER annoyed to find that the Benefit one I've just discovered, and LOVE, has already been discontinued. It's the 'Firm it Up' eye serum. Anyone know of anything similar I can try instead? I didn't love 'It's Potent' (their other one) but will try that again if I all else fails
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
That's a shame, I've never tried either of them. Didn't even know benefit made eyecreams! I'm currently really liking the estee lauder resilience lift eye cream. It's in a little purple jar. Sad though mine is about to run out and it's quite expensive.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I haven't tried any Benefit eye creams but I picked up one of the new Mario Badescu eye creams on Saturday and I'm impressed so far. I got the glycolic one (from Mecca), it's super thick -almost a balm and well priced ar $31.
Macs
5351 posts
I haven't found a good eye cream yet. I'll be watching this thread closely
trudijoy
8375 posts
i've heard good things about Mario Badescu actually. I like the Benefit one because it's really light, in a pump bottle and non greasy, but effective. I think I'd need to sample a few others to find a good fit
KiwiLass
174 posts
I use a different eye cream in the morning from night, and have found the Dr Lewins one that I got in a BBBE to be great for mornings - especially if kept in the fridge. In the evening I'm usng the Goodness twice a day or Dragon's Blood (also from BBBE - yep, I'm an addict), and think both are great.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I'm currently using Goodness, Olive and a Dermalogica one... I honestly don't know what the Goodness one is supposed to do but its nice. The Olive one stinks but again, very nice and I like that its more serumy than creamy like the Goodness one. The Dermalogica one is a sample but its lasted this long, and its thick so I don't need heaps. But I dunno how they compare to the Benefit one haha sorry, not much help :-P
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Most of the time I use Plantae's avocado and pear eye cream. But it's probably more soothing than firming.
Imoshen
461 posts
The Ordinary's Natural Moisturing Factors (NMF) makes a lovely eye cream (and cheap too!).  It doesn't smell, it doesn't sting and it leaves the eye area wonderfully soft and moisturised without being oily.
Ringy
825 posts
I definitely like eye serums over creams - the creams seem too heavy for me.  I like the Elizabeth Arden prevage eye serum and the Shiseido ultimune eye serum the best. Pricey but last for ages! 
Emily-jane
314 posts
I need a good eye cream that isn't too expensive. I just recently used a sample of the stress positive eye lift by Dermalogica which I really like but at over $100 I need something cheaper so will be following this thread.
JessB
219 posts
I've only tried one eye cream before. Can someone describe the difference between an eye serum and an eye cream? Is it that one firms and one plumps?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
The Mario Bedascu one says "best used at night" which I now agree with. I spent most of yesterday cleaning it off my glasses and thinking my eyes had gone fuzzy lol. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
  JessB the difference between an eye serum and eye cream is that the serum is thinner and absorbs quicker and penitrates the deep layers of skin whereas an eyecream moisturizes but doesn't go as deep and seals in the moisture.
     I personally am more of an eye serum type of girl. My fave is the Trilogy eye serum roller as I've seen amazing results using it and it lasts a long time. But I do use eye creams at night as I like something to lock in moisture overnight. When it comes to eye cream I actually haven't come across an eye cream that has amazed me for the price, I used to spend a lot more though I can justify that they last me for months. The last one I used up was the Moreish one, it did a good job of keeping my eye area hydrated for the price.
JessB
219 posts
Thanks Tannygirl! I think I might have to look into an eye serum then, because the eye cream I have doesn't do wonders for me but has been highly rated among other people. Sorry I'm not much help Trudi!
MareeB
5241 posts
I'd like to try an eye serum too. I'll also have a look at the Trilogy one.
DianaN
143 posts
I swear by Kiehls' creamy avocado one! It's a tad pricey, but I feel like it's worth it and a little goes a long way!
trudijoy
8375 posts
i totally need to go on a testing spree i think! some of these sound bang on the money <3 thanks!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!