Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Eye cream HELP

50 posts, 19 members
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
Ok ladies I really need a good eye cream, I've tried a few.
any reccomedations ? 

Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I am loving the trilogy one Fi. It's amazing. I've done a review if you wanna read it. Helps hide the blackness under my eyes from pain.
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
Ong thanks I just had a look:) I need something for my wrinkles:( 
im getting close to having a go at Botox 
heaps of my friends are doing it and they look great
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Don't go all drastic. Botox is expensive
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
it's something I've been thinking about every year that goes by

-Bex-
611 posts
Evening Fi! I have just started using the Lancôme genefique yeux light pearl (phew it's a mouthful) and I'm finding it amazing I haven't even been using it a week and under eye circles have reduced so much already and it does open your eyes. I'm really liking it. As for lines yeah it might be doing something because I really have to look But I am fussy 

MAGPIEFI
615 posts
bexb :) oh that's definitely a mouthful oh that also sounds good. I'm so in need of some serious treatment. I might see if I can get a sample of that tomorrow:) the joys of doing a bit of work in town. Thanks sweet x
Ringy
825 posts
I've been getting Botox for years- at least 10 years. I love it! I resist the urge to go all out and just get between my eyebrows and a brow lift. They always try to convince you to get more. I always ask for a discount too and they usually give me one. They over charge here in New Zealand - I'm not sure if it's their cost price or what but compared to Australia and America it's at least double here. I'm in Dunedin now and have had it done here once and was not overly impressed with the lady that did me, I now get it done either in Auckland or Australia when on holidays because it's heaps cheaper. I've never had much luck with eye creams so I'm desperately reading everyone's comments. 
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
Ringfamily oh that's interesting. How often do you get it done? Most people I know go for the 6 month mark and I know they get the crows feet done. And the results are awesome. So tempting x 
Ringy
825 posts
I don't get crows feet done very often- sometimes the injector tells me I need it around there and I get sucked in but my main concern is frown lines. Yes - 5 /6 monthly is good, in Australia I will spend $150-200 but I spent $500 last time ( in Auckland and I got a bit carried away and got a lot). I think I spent about $450 here in Dunedin and it was the worst job I've ever had and they tried to charge me $600 at first. There is another place I might try and hopefully they are better but I'm lucky enough to be going to melbourne next month and again in December so I should be set until next year.  
Kimrose
1418 posts
I have used Trilogy for a couple of years now and am so happy with it. I hace recommended it to many of my customers and many have repurchased it, hope this helps :)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Ringfamily is the place in dunedin you tried behind the mall starting with A by any chance?? I know they do it there or did do it
Macs
5351 posts
I been thinking about botox too. Mainly for crows feet. Maybe in the future. Not sure. I need to invest in some eye product too.
Ringy
825 posts
Possibly farmers wife????. The lady in there is beautiful and lovely but maybe not as experienced as I'd like. 
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
Thanks ladies a couple of options for me to try:) 
i must admit the Botox is definitely on my mind now x 
Jesse
745 posts
Wow that's a huge pricing difference! I've wanted to get botox for years for perspiration but it's just so expensive here for the large area I want done. I never considered getting it done in Aussie.
SandieNZ
424 posts
Fi have a look at Cosima Flawless Eyecream.  I've been using it for about a year now and I have had the most amazing results.  It's marketed as a natural botox alternative and it's done wonders for my skin.  I use the flawless eyecream and flawless facial cream each night and I love it!  I get mine either from the cosima website or through ohnatural.  Maybe contact them and see if they can send you a sample?  I've also reviewed it on here (I can't get the link to work sorry)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Ringfamily sounds right. I found them the same with IPL. The original lady that set the business up was amazing. She left to go overseas.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Interesting thread. I've thought about botox a few times but don't want to but understand why people do it. 

However I'm looking at the Cosima now, it looks great and organic to boot, can't do better than that. Good pricing as well. 

I'm on a bargain hunt now for the best price, I'll come back to report if I find anything :)

Edit: Ooops that was Aussie dollars I was looking at, the Natural botox eye cream is $77 on Oh Natural.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Be cool to see before and after photos on this one Amanda Jane if you get it :)
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Hiya, yeah I'm wondering about getting some of their products actually but I've commited to the Plantae products this week and want to give them a fair trial too, after this current one from BR of which we must not speak yet lol.

I'm going to send a link through to the organic shop so maybe they will get some in before the Plantae either runs out or I use it up. I'm a bit ahead of myself and obsessed with skincare at the moment but the Plantae buy 2 get 3 is too good to miss.

I'm wondering how long is a fair trial really and I like to have the other skincare products in a range, not just a moisturiser as I think it gives the products a better change of working together.

As for taking before and after photos, I just looked at the ones I took two days ago and I'm wondering if bearing all is something I'm prepared to do. I keep finding faults with my skin now I'm taking more care of it, doh! 

That's just given me an idea for a thread actually :)
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I'm using plantae's eye cream at the moment. I got it in a goodie bag and I really like it :)
Pifithrin
1243 posts
What eye creams have you tried MagpieFi? I like Clinique repairwear laser focus and Natio ageless. I find many others give me milia.
mallomiss
569 posts
I'm currently having a go at a product I will not name yet to tighten under my eyes. I'm only 4 days into using it but if it works like they say it does then I'll be posting before & afters on here..... is a very interesting product.... I may actually not be able to post the name of it on here as it may offend some people haha
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
 oh ladies this is given me so many options 
kim-rose thanks you as you and Ong have the same I might have to try it
itsclearscrystal argh I haven't heard of it before sounds good through
AmandaJane and  SandieNZ I'm going to have to check that out sounds interesting 
oh lots of homework ha ha yay my wrinkles don't stand a chance
pifithrin I've tried all the usual Avon Clinique EA etc... I've has some joy but I just want a really good one And as each years creeping past argh it's a hard battle
Thank you ladies for helping X
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
mallomiss I can't wait to see what your trying and what it is. You can just type code just do the odd bold letter to spell it out  ha ha xx
Ringy
825 posts
Curse you all! Lol. Now I went out and bought an eye cream as you've got me stressing I need one! Got the Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti Aging + Intensive Repair Eye serum- half price when I spent a small fortune on other needless products! I hope it's good. 
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
Ringfamily  do keep me updated :) he he the forums bad for enabling x

mallomiss
569 posts
Haha I looked at the label again & the words arn't offensive. But the product might be.... Eeek I'm a wee bit nervous about posting what I've stumbled across.... especially as less than a week in and it seems to be working!
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
mallomiss I'm guessing,  I hope I'm on the right track that it's 
Well..... Um begins with H?
And helps reduce puffiness?

chelseaadelaide
703 posts
I'm only 21 and have only tried 3 or 4 eye creams but I am in LOVE with the Kiehls avocado eye cream. It makes such a visible difference, is super luxurious and a little goes a long way. I suggest reading the reviews on BR for it, and the reviews on the Internet as a whole are full of love for it. xx
kirstyj
1732 posts
I was looking at getting the Kiehls one ChelseaAdelaide. Where did you pick yours up from?
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
Kirsty I purchased mine through Nordstrom using Youshop however it is also available online or in store from Kirkcaldies. xx
ChristieMJ
358 posts
Kirsty if you're anywhere near a Mecca I'm pretty sure you can get it from there! I'm pretty sure you can buy online from Mecca too. 

As for eye creams, I love the Trilogy one! Its the only one that I've seen a noticeable difference with and that actually helps de-puff post crying eyes (for those emergencies when you need to suddenly be somewhere). Only con with the trilogy one is the rollerball isn't the best
mallomiss
569 posts
nope MAGPIEFI, it's not what you're thinking... I think it's a relatively new product on the market. It is for "tightening" another part of the body, I was in the store for something else as they had a huge sale on and I was giggling over it, the sales lady told me she had been using it under her eyes just as an experiment and she found it to be working... so I thought well $15 for an eye cream is pretty good & if it doesn't work well it doesn't matter!  
First Lady
957 posts
Mallomiss I'm so curious now haha! I went on a Google hunt and well, can open, worms everywhere, and I'm still no closer to knowing! xox
Macs
5351 posts
Now I want to know
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
chelseaadelaide oh it does sound really good :) thanks

mallomiss ok I was sure I was on the right track with H cream he he it does help with puffiness:)
im really intrigued  ok spill please x
pintsize
1072 posts
Heehee interesting... I had to do a google search myself... it's not a product called Ero? for um well... oh dang it I'll post a link here
Be warned if you are sensitive to the 'V' word (only not saying it so I don't get kicked off the forums haha)

o_O
mallomiss
569 posts
Yup haha pintsize that's the stuff but a different brand. BR Kellie figured it out too! I swear it's working when I just look in the mirror but will see with before & the 1 week pic (which I'll take tomorrow)......
So funny! I'm a bit embarrassed!
pintsize
1072 posts
Pretty sure the ol Prep H was discovered by accident too but hey it's not like you are doing both upstairs and downstairs at the same time ;) and even if you were well no one will judge here xx

I think someone on here said they found a non-typical product made a great primer... can't fully recall the details but I am sure the forum thread will be around somewhere :)

mallomiss
569 posts
Well.... Um. ... having a stab at downtown too but I have no idea if that's as effective.... ( ew such a poor choice of words but leaving it that way coz it's funny!).......
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
pintsize I'm impressed with your researching skills :)

mellomiss so awesome I so would try it here and there 
he he way funny, 
ok so I'm going to get myself some 

ladies thanks for for all the help xx
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Lol that made me laugh! I had to show the husband and his eyes nearly popped out of his head. Then I said you can use it under your eyes. He walked away miffed and I laugh out loud
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ong, your new picture is gorgeous x I'm looking forward to seeing these results lol. Its weird how some things that aren't for your face work amazingly haha
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Thanks Shazatron :) hope there are before and after shots of the cream
mallomiss
569 posts
Haha Ong! I hope ya mean pic of my eyes!
MalloMr us surprised I've told ya all I'm using it for it's purpose too
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Lawdy!!!!! Yes eyes. And heck :O
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I'm also on the hunt for a good eye cream, and have heard amazing things about Kiehls eye cream. I think its called midnight eye recovery or something, so that's on the wishlist
Ringy
825 posts
So I posted a few months ago that I got the Elizabeth Arden Prevage eye serum and just to keep you up to date - I probably won't get it again, I got far better results with the Shiseido Eye Concentrate sample that I was made aware of in the forum here. I'm still using the Shiseido one and will purchase the full size. Im sure I have less wrinkles. Proper reviews to come. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!