Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

do you wear makeup when you're on holiday?

14 posts, 13 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
I've heard so many people say 'but i haven't tried it because i was on holiday so not wearing makeup' recently and i'm so the opposite. Holidays are a chance to play with new things and I usually decide what i want to do while i'm putting on my face!

How do you approach makeup in the holidays?
Macs
5351 posts
I'm in a family that doesn't wear make up except my mum in law and sister in law. They wear it natural. I'm happy to say I stick out like a sore thumb wearing bold eye and lip colours. I don't care if they look at me funny lol 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
If you mean during holiday season yes but going on holiday I've not been on holiday since 2014 but yip I do wear makeup.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I wear makeup all year round, if I'm camping (ever) I won't bother. Special occasions such as Christmas etc being away at family's I'll wear makeup.
shazatron101
5112 posts
The last time I went on holiday (to Auckland even) I did, but it was so muggy hot and gross I wish I hadn't. the only makeup I wear now if I'm going out anywhere and its too hot, is mascara and lippy! maybe brows if I'm feeling frisky lmfao. I also forgot to pack any shoes other than the jandals I was wearing... won't be doing that again haha
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lol I wear jandals in Auckland all the time, just not to restaurants and bars etc ;)
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I can't wear makeup at work as it is too hot and would melt off causing me to look like a clown lol. During my holidays I kept it simple, bb cream and mascara...my 2 must haves! A spritz of kama oil and I am good to go.
kirstyj
1732 posts
I always wear makeup. I feel like it makes me feel more like myself, even when I'm hanging out around the house. I also think holidays are when I'll prob take more pictures .... so I want to look nice :P 

only time I'll probably be found without makeup is if I'm sick in bed :)
Ringy
825 posts
holiday makeup is a must - its when photo game is on!! Especially the no-make up make up.  
ragingfrog
1289 posts
My no make days are when I don't leave the house other than that there is make up on. The very minimum bb or cc cream, brows and lipstick.
tannygirl
3392 posts
If I plan to take pictures my mug will have makeup on. I may not travel with entire makeup collection but I will have items in it that I like and photograph especially well. 
MissQT
1547 posts
if I'm travelling it's usually in the summer to a hotter place, so I'll wear minimal make up like bb creams etc, unless going out for dinners. If I'm on holiday and staying at home I won't wear make up as I like to spend that time with no make up as I find its better for my skin. I will sometimes experiment or try new lip colours etc but I won't wear it round the house I'll just put it on to play with then take it off.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I always wear make up, though I often pack more just the basics when I'm traveling. I took my BBBE on holiday to have a play with this year.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
To be honest I don't wear a lot of makeup usually lol.  I just wear the basics i.e. BB/CC Cream, eyeliner, lipbalm and that is about it. I usually use the holidays to give my skin a break and I find when I do this, my skin really improves.  I tend to use more masks and treatments to have a little indulgence time and pamper my skin.

On Christmas Day I used to dress up a bit more, foundation, mascara red lipstick etc but this Christmas I think I just slapped on some BB Cream and eyeliner and a lipstick and that was it lol.

My Mum was never a really big makeup wearer (is that even a word lol) so I guess I kind of follow in her footsteps, whereas my sister couldn't even go to the mailbox without applying a full face of makeup ha ha ha.  Now she wears no makeup he he he

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!