Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Do you think you're photogenic?

20 posts, 18 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
I know i have makeup selfies all over my IG (and here etc) but someone called me photogenic earlier and it stopped me in my tracks... I don't think I'm photogenic and the selfies I post are mostly about makeup - it just so happens that mine is the only face I have to put makeup on!!

Also, with selfies, you take a bunch and pick the best, haha.

So I'm curious... do you think you're photogenic, or is it a combo of selfie/makeup skills and filters like me? :)
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Heck no, I'm definitely not photogenic and I try to avoid cameras at all time lol
Rezee
1964 posts
Nope, nope, nope! Has anyone seen the friends episode where Chandler and Monica are trying to get photos done and Chandler keeps pulling silly faces? That's me lol, my face just likes to be difficult in front of a camera.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Nope! I've got such a long face with a long nose I just have not found "my perfect angle" for selfies lol and every photo I'm in I swear it's a fail lol.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I am not photogenic at all. Cruel really as my dad is a photographer.
trudijoy
8375 posts
angles are hard amy!!!!

I always seem to wind up in photos with really pretty friends and look at myself like 'are you sure thats what i look like?' haha
idomakeupnz
150 posts
I think I'm pretty photogenic, but only when I'm taking the photo or I'm really feeling myself in that moment haha otherwise I can look totally awful when someone else photographs me.
I've learnt what my good angles are, how to "work it" and what time of the day the light is best! I don't tend to filter my photos, maybe just bump the contrast and brightness if need be.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I am definitely not photogenic! I don't use filters or photoshop or digitally enhance photos because I don't know how to. But I do take a few photos and post the best ones and the okay ones I keep and the ones I don't like get deleted.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Lol I'm not photogenic but to be honest I don't really care. I don't use filters or photoshop to enhance or change how I look but often I'll make things black and white or desaturated for artistic purposes. Some of my favourite photos of myself are the least unattractive - but I love them because of the memories associated to them. That's way more important to me than looking nice in a photo
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I'm not naturally photogenic I always seem to be looking down slightly in photos. But because I select which photos of me people see I probably look more photogenic than I am.
Kaitlyn343
268 posts
Hell no! haha I take the most horrid looking photos and in group photos I'm alway the ugly one. the few selfies I do have on instagram have filters and it was a rare moment where a photo actually turned out alright.

So jealous of all those girls that can just post a random photo or even one where they're pulling a face or not wearing makeup and still look hot.
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
I'm gunna be a tad vain and say yes I can be photogenic.  I know my angles like idomakeup does and it makes a difference for me at least.  I have only recently learned to appreciate my smile in a selfie too.
Macs
5351 posts
As a chIild I used to love the camera alot lol. Then I got older and I grew out of it. I think since being into make up its given me a new found confidence. Im not at a 100% but Im 50/50. I use filters when the lights not working in my favour. Probably 50 % of the time. On a good day where the suns hitting my angles right I can get a good pic. I must have over 100 selfies of bad lighting. Wouldn't have a clue how to photoshop .
Lutece
1849 posts
This is a great subject Trudi, I have been told I am photogenic but most of the time when I take selfies I lower my eyelids to hide my hooded eyes, photos taken by me compared to regular photos taken by others can differ lol. 
pintsize
1072 posts
I most definitely prefer to be behind the camera rather than in front of it... and selfies... uh I really need a lesson on them and only do them when I feel I need to or have done something makeup-wise that needs to be inspected/perfected.
I adore those that have it mastered and aspire to become more photogenic but I am not there... not yet.
chloednz
217 posts
Am totally not photogenic, sometimes I take a selfie and swear that something has broken in my camera lens as I am sure I dont look that way IRL! The very rare occassion I get a somehow ok photo I use it as a profile picture on FB etc for sometimes years :/
astylecollector
204 posts
I wish I am photogenice but nope, I am not. I have learnt my 'good side' and angles that work for me though which makes taking selfies or photos work for in my favour. I take a lot of photos but to be honest, I don't like it when other people take photos of me as I have no control of it. I'd rather take selfies or photos of myself using a timer like when I do for my blog outfits. :)
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
NOPE I'M NOT lol but my kids are very photo genic so any pic with them in it & it's a winner
kknz
82 posts
Nope I'm definitely not photogenic, I gave all the photogenicness (totally a word) to the offspring. Would prefer to be behind the camera than in front of it
trudijoy
8375 posts
kk i found photos of the first time i did her makeup! I think I tagged you into the comments.

And I have plenty of lovely pics of you, so there :p

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!