Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Do you have an at work touch-up makeup kit?

42 posts, 30 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
...and if so, what is in it?

I have a lippy, tinted lipbalm, spare black eyeliner, at least one coloured eyeliner, spare blush and brush, spare bb cream/foundation and spare mascara in it. Usually there is a perfume sample or 2 knocking around in there too. I work loooong days (today for example I got to work about 7.55am and left about 7.15 pm) and touching up my face is as much as a pick-me-up as caffeine later in the day
MareeB
5239 posts
Hi Trudi I don't have make up, just lip balm and hand cream, deodorant and a roll on perfume. That's enough really :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
oh yeah... I have hand cream, sunblock, lotion and deodorant spray minis too
MareeB
5239 posts
Hahaha no one travels light these days eh?
MareeB
5239 posts
I also have a brush and comb, shoes, spare sweaters (for different weather types), a cap, and a  spare jacket. I walk to work and can't carry everything so have it all stocked up there in case I need it. Crazy person!!!!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'll be taking less makeup to Japan for two weeks than I take to work haha
Yes, I have everythying and more!  Especially this time of year if a weather bomb hits and I can't get home. Everything from toothbrush to eyeliner to fresh clothes  :-)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
That's because there's no pint to wearing makeup on Japan in July, Trudi! Lol. 
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
For my course I take whatever lippy I'm wearing that day, a subtle gloss in case I wanna change, pressed powder, a mini So? Sinful perfume, my ELF Make Up Mist and Set to refresh my face and a hand cream c:
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I used to take a bunch of stuff to work to touch up with, but ever since I've figured out what works well for me, my makeup tends to last pretty well. I do take a little stash with me if I'm heading out after work and won't have time to come home, but on an every day basis I just carry a powder, my lippy of the day and nude eyeliner to reapply to my water line :)

Oh and I have hand cream in my desk drawer! Necessity!
astylecollector
204 posts
I do just in case and it has powder, oil blotting sheets and lipstick. I don't really tend to use it much though.
What I use more are my rollerball perfume, hand cream and vaseline lip balm. My essentials are my heels and blazer at work though. They have saved me going from being too casual on a Friday.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Soozie outside in Fukuoka.... I'm taking SPF bb cream, gel eyeliners, waterproof mascara and a ton of lipbalm haha
Trudijoy you lucky thing.  Are you taking a school group?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Anything more than that just slip sliding away, Trudi, lol. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Whittakers lover - yep. We got selected from 250 schools to be the representative NZ school at a youth conference, so I'm taking 6 11 year olds and a 16 year old over for 2 weeks at zero cost to the families. We're fundraising the spending money and being sponsored for the rest, including my costs. Incredible feeling to be able to do this for the kids
sam_clarkson
205 posts
I rarely wear makeup to work so nope lol, I have my sierra bees lip balm in my pocket and thats about the extent of it
george
150 posts
Hells yes I do! It varies day to day, week to week - at the moment there is a Napoleon Perdis compact, eyeliner, 5 different lippies, mascara, bb cream, perfume, lip balms, uhm.. thats just what I can think of off the top of my head!
trudijoy
8375 posts
baby rebel I might have just fallen a tiny bit in love with you reading that haha
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
I don't! Except for a deodorant, a perfume and a few lipsticks and lip balms I don't bring any makeup to work with me unless I'm Staying overnight somewhere. It's mostly laziness and the fact that most of the people I work with are dudes so they wouldn't notice things like makeup fading lol.
sam_clarkson
205 posts
I lie, there is a perfume kicking round in the handbag somewhere and their may even be some sunscreen hehe

sam_clarkson
205 posts
I lie, there is a perfume kicking round in the handbag somewhere and their may even be some sunscreen hehe

kirstyj
1732 posts
I always keep a concealer and a powder (powder with a sponge so I don't have to carry a brush). I have a wee brush that pops out which is fantastic and has a mirror. Then a chapstick sort of thing with a bit of colour in it in case I forget a lippy or need moisture. Handcream. Always sunscreen too in case I end up in the sun unexpectedly. A few bobby pins (a tampon just in case) and a safety pin. Then I always pack whatever lippy I'm using that day. Generally though all that fits in a tiny wee bag so doesn't take up too much space :)
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I carry my make up bag around with me to work each day. Or when going out for the day. I like to refresh the bag each day but it usually carries the same thing. For me I think it's a habit that secures me. Check make up has a fluffy brush for the face, lipstick,deodorant, fragrance, eyeliner and now eyepencil and setting powder for any touch ups. Now I've got the urban decay slick setting spray that will coming along as well just in case. Oh and a mascara brush,disposable,Some interment travel packs and sanitary items. This is what is in my makeup bag.
Jesse
745 posts
I'll normally take a powder compact and whatever lippy I'm wearing that day, but my bag also has a few lippys and balms floating about.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I have a supply of sanitory items in my work drawer and stash mirror, hairbrush, hair ties, perfume samples, moisturiser and hand sanitiser there as well. The hand bag contains all the essentials, perfume, brow pencil, eyeshadow, blush, mascara, multiple lipsticks and glosses.
SandieNZ
424 posts
I'm the same as you Jess - I don't bother taking anything with me to work, other than maybe a lipbalm in my purse.  I work with a bunch of guys too so makeups not really an issue ;)
chikoboo
3402 posts
Apart from my lipstick that I choose to wear for the day for any touch ups I have found the perfect base that stays all day long so I have never had the need to touch up anything makeup wise throughout the work day. 
Mila
1209 posts
I have everything with me but I always carry everything with me :) - most mornings I head to the gym before work so I get ready there so I literally have everything thats on my body and face with me plus spare clothes and shoes everything but the kitchen sink haha :)
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I have my whole daily makeup bag because I go to the gym before work and do my face there. I have lip balms and moisturisers on my desk as well though.
bronjenks
253 posts
I usually have whatever lipstick I will be wearing for the day (there is like 6 in my bag at the mo, lol), handcream and deodorant.  The rest will just have to do till I get home, lol.  
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
This thread is so interesting. I try and focus on long-lasting makeup when I apply it in the morning, but I usually take a powder, powder brush, and lipstick with me. The lipstick goes everywhere with me, but the powder is only if I'm out for more than five hours. When I'm out for the day I also take a travel electric toothbrush and toothpaste haha. xx
Lutece
1849 posts
Its great to see what people take with them :) I am not currently working but when I go somewhere for a whole day normally I take deoderant and lip balm, If im wearing a particular lipstick I know that isnt very long wearing I bring that with me :D
Cesy
162 posts
I should at very least have a mascara at work, but I don't! I'm terrible for forgetting to put mascara on. I just generally have what ever lip products have made it into my bag, and make up wipes live in my gym bag.
MrsLissy
301 posts
I have a stocked top drawer at work. I have a hairbrush, nail clippers and nail file, baby wipes, deo. Then if I'm wearing makeup I take my powder and whatever lippy I'm wearing to touch up throughout the day. You've made me realiser how much I could add to my drawer by starting this thread :D
MrsLissy
301 posts
Oh and hand creme, two different hand cremes!
lana-la
67 posts
Make up wise I have very little that stays at work, I have a mini urban decay setting spray, a nude eyeliner, setting powder, powder brush and lipbalm. I chuck my lippy in my handbag each morning and currently have about 10 floating in my bag haha. Other items I keep at work include/; a mini spray deoderant, a few rollerball perfumes, a hairbrush, hair ties and bobbi pins, tooth brush, toothpaste, floss, mini mouth wash, breath mints, spare phone charger, sanaitry items. everyone at work teases me for it but at least i'm never caught out if we have to go to an emergency meeting
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I wish i was an organsied as you ladies. All i keep at work is a lip stick/gloss and hand cream. In saying that, i work in a restraunt at the moment, so there probably isnt time to do touch ups, especially when its busy
I have a bright yellow makeup bag that goes with me everywhere and I just put powder, oil blotting paper, any mascara, my fave eyeliner, hand cream, a decant of whatever perfume I'm wearing that day and 3-4 lipsticks/lip balms.
alikat
423 posts
I have a Marc by Marc Jacobs pouch that travels EVERYWHERE with me. It contains

- MAC Blotting Powder
- Mini RT Brushes
- Collection 2000 Concealer
- Sample of Coco Madamoiselle Parfum
- NARS deluxe sample eyeliner
- Benefit deluxe sample mascara
- At least three lipsticks (they seem to congregate in my handbags!)
- Michael Kors White mini perfume

If I get really desperate, I work next to a supermarket so I can always make a mad dash for eyehadow :) but I do want to get a Lorac to go just to be on the safe side for my stash.

In my desk drawers, I do keep some makeup remover wipes which I use on days where I'm going to the gym straight after work and don't want to look like a mess as I sweat everything off.
kayxcake
422 posts
I am a fail at hand creams >.< like I have purchased heaps of hand creams, mainly ones with a cute packaging :3 used for maybe three times fax and it just sits in my draws looking lonely haha.

I don't really have a touch-up kit at work, all I bring with me is oil blotting paper, MAC blot powder, a travel size kabuki brush and lip balms.
I love this thread, so many excellent ideas of what to put in a touch up kit. I really like using samples for these sorts of things. 
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I don't but that is only cause of where I work as I don't wear makeup to work as I don't need to/want to.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!