Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Did you know you have a grey hair?????

20 posts, 16 members
Did you know you have grey hair? Who even says that!!!  Yes I have dark tresses and yes I am aware that I have the "odd sparkle" that shimmers through if caught in the wrong light.  Why do people think it is okay to point out they can see a grey hair.  And STOP talking to the hair you are fixated on.  Look me in the eye when you are talking lol  lol.

I would never dream of mentioning to anyone, "did you know that you have moustache and stray hairs on your chin" or "did you know you have mono brow"!!

Has anyone ever pointed something out to you that is really NOT a first world problem?
shazatron101
5112 posts
I have greys but luckily I haven't seen them for a while, the colored mane is very distracting. The wicked witch of the west (his mother) noticed them one day in the sunlight and made me feel awful about it. She also likes to comment if I have hickeys, telling me that I look cheap and I belong on a corner. Bit rude coming from someone whose beliefs are not to judge people hahahahaha 
trudijoy
8375 posts
i'm totally grey, and my hair grows so fast that i'm lucky if i get 2-3 weeks out of a box of dye.  story of my life.  people constantly point out the grey roots. muppets :/
MareeB
5244 posts
Well sadly, thes days if I find a dark hair I pull it out teeheehee grey is the new um grey...
MareeB
5244 posts
I was going to share my thoughts about the mother-in-law Shaz, but then realised the language isn't suitable for the forum!
Kimrose
1419 posts
Isnt it funny how some people feel it is ok to point out things like that!  I will tell people if they have something in their teeth or a goobie showing from their nose, but greys??!!
Macs
5351 posts
Funny today I sat in the car with my partner. Looking in the mirror and I screamed omg I can see a grey tinge forming . He said to me you should get your hair done aye. I said but I would rather a BB box lol if I got the hair box that would be getting my hair done aye lol 
ashiley
20 posts
I always point out my mother's grey hairs when she gets them, though I'd never do it to anyone else. I consider it payback for all the times she pointed out my pimples when I was a teenager haha. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
When I had my guy, he had a couple white hairs grow in his multicolored, mostly dark beard. I would yank out the white ones because they really stood out. 
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
Haha I didn't know I had any until I was getting my hair done a few months ago, and she asked me if my greys 'bothered me' lol
ragingfrog
1289 posts
A friend point out that I had a grey hair because I hadn't colored my hair in a while and asked if I was going to leave it and go grey naturally rather than dye it.  I pointed out I hadn't decide and changed the conversation.
Lutece
1849 posts
You made me giggle so much! I do get greys but Im normally on top of hiding it with dye lol, my hubby likes to point out the little spikey hair that always returns on my chin haha
2lilmnkys
106 posts
My mum said I was born with a few grey hairs so I started having premature greys. I do get lazy sometimes so I cover them with hair mascara if im in a rush and need to go somewhere. Worst think is that they grow in streaks at the temples so I feel like Cruella DeVil. And people always point out: you have lots of grey hair! Duhh...I do have a mirror at home and dont need you to point out. Lol
Artemis
311 posts
Depends on your relationship to the person, but usually its not appropriate at all, and could make a person feel self-concious.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I have to agree Artemis, that's a huge deciding factor as to whether I would say something, nicely of course, or not say anything.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Hahaha my Mum always does this! But in all honesty I'm glad she does so I can go home pull it out. I always get the same grey strand in the same place all the time. It just keeps growing back. One day I'll let it stay lol
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Wow some people are so rude. I don't have greys (yet!) and would only point them out to people I am very very close to.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Oh yes, I've had that.  Actually it was not the exact sentence of 'Did you know you've got grey hair' it was more when I was buying a bottle of Jim Beam for a party and I asked if they needed to see ID and the guy turned around and said 'Nah, you're alright, you've got grey hair', meaning I was old enough obviously.  

Also my Sister's ex-husband told me I had a hairy face like a Llama - I have dark downy type hair on my face due to my congenital hypothyroidism and I didn't really notice it until he brought it up (my family never said anything to me prior to this as they knew it would give me a complex).  Well ever since then, I have been super conscious of it and now won't tie my hair up despite paying thousands of dollars on laser only for it to not work.  It has really knocked my confidence.

People can be so cruel, some intentionally and some not but either way, they need to think before they speak.
MareeB
5244 posts
I can see why your sister ditched him mumof3. I'm sorry people have been so mean to you, it's sucky to bag people for stuff they have no control over and can't change.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Thanks hun xx

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!