Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Delays getting BR emails?

22 posts, 15 members
Geo
31 posts
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone else is having this issue and can tell me how to fix it?  It seems to take a couple of days for emails to come through into my email inbox from BR, which means I end up missing out on trials etc. some times if I haven't checked BR that day.  I use gmail and have it synced to my phone so it should give me a notification when I recieve emails (super handy for trial teams!), but for example I have an email sent from BR on April 10th that has only just shown up in my inbox.

Any idea how to fix this?  I've had a look around in my settings but can't seem to find anything :O
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm not getting BR emails at the moment either but I kinda figure that I'll wait for the new site and see if that changes before I worry
shazatron101
5112 posts
Can't help you there sorry. I was featured as a U Reviewer but never got an email about it (and still haven't got any emails!) I'm with hotmail but yeah. makes me a sad panda cos I like to keep emails like that to make me happy when I'm sad (is that lame?)
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I've NEVER gotten emails about being a part of U-Review o: I just screenshot it whenever it happens, so no Shaz, not lame at all, doll <3 x
Macs
5351 posts
Hey there, I don't seem to have any problems. They always land in my junk mail though.
Kimrose
1416 posts
I received emails concerning a trial which I think they are usual, that is all though.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I used to get emails from BR about all sorts and now I only get them when I've been selected for a trial, or when a question is being answered.

Like I say though, I've just attributed this to the site changes and decided not to worry about it for now.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I can't help you there either, but most of my BR emails end up in my Junk folder, so i dont find them till a week or two after they have been sent. Mostly the ones when people comment on my reviews. I've already tried adding BR to my contacts and saying its safe, but still doesnt work. Wouldnt have a clue why yours are getting delayed. Is it only BR emails?
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I have had delays on the "Someone has commented" emails, I haven't had any trial offers other than the weekly one recently so I can't comments on that. I just make sure I am on and refresh at about 7pm.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
As a trial test, find a thread to subscribe to. You will get a email every time someone comments on it. See if you get the emails right away. I haven't have a problem yet. I know some friends had them go to junk mail.

I have a Xtra account and not sure if it Makes a difference a paid account vs free Gmail? ??
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
My emails have slowed right down no notifications at all. I use to get them daily. Especially if I had something sitting in my BR inbox. I would also get emails when I send BR An email like a notification reply.
Possibly could change once the new site is launched
MareeB
5241 posts
I haven't been on a trial for months so don't get any emails, so I can't help either sorry !
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I haven't been receiving emails from people commenting on my reviews which is odd cause I normally do
Ngahew
152 posts
Oh Farmers Wife, I never knew that if you subscribe to a post that you get emails when someone comments!!?? I post and then either forget about the thread or just go on every so often. Thanks :)
janini9
341 posts
How do you subscribe to a post?
Macs
5351 posts
Scroll down to the bottom of this thread. There should be three options in the bottom right corner, they are: New Thread, Reply  and Subscribe. Or if youve answered to a topic bottom right corner will say Subscribe Recent Activity.
charly
456 posts
Wow, I hadn't even noticed that. Thanks Macs! No more forgetting to check a thread I'm interested in!
Geo
31 posts
Thanks for the suggestions guys - I'll give the subscribe test a go!
janini9
341 posts
Haha thanks Macs, it was there in plain sight all the time :)
janini9
341 posts
Haha thanks Macs, it was there in plain sight all the time :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
So I just checked hotmail, no emails, but then I checked the windows 8 outlook or whatever it is (I hate using it) and I found several BR emails, but via a web page I can't find them at all :'(
Geo
31 posts
Yeah I just got some emails that say they were sent 20 hours ago from BR that definitely weren't in my inbox an hour ago :( I wonder what the issue is?  It only seems to be with BR emails that I have delays!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!