Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Daily Make-Up Routine?

24 posts, 23 members
hughes_dre
229 posts
Hey ladies, just wondering what your daily make-up routine consists of and how long it takes you?

I've managed to master a less-than-10-minute routine using the bare minimum!  I'm the polar opposite of a morning person so that's quite an achievement for me!

For me, I use:

* YSL Youth Liberator Serum
* Clinique Moisture Surge moisturiser
* Garnier BB Cream in Medium (if going for a bit of colour), or YSL Le Tone Touche Eclat foundation in B4 with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush.
* Elf Blush in Candid Coral with a Real Techniques Blush Brush
* Clinique Chubby Stick for Eyes and blend it in with my finger over the lid
* Any mascara that's lying around in my make up bag - this changes daily since I normally can't see properly until 10am when my brain starts to function properly.
* Lucas Paw Paw Ointment and then whatever lipstick is in my bag - at the moment it's Bourjois, Rose Poudre.

And then I'm out the door!  All in less than 10 minutes...
xjayloux
900 posts
Im generally a au naturel girl due to having quite sensitive skin, i like to let it breathe. I do however sometimes use a bronzer and mascara, or i like the max factor cc cream with a bit of bronzer and mascara!
Cat
474 posts
I don't wear a full face everyday but if I do need to whack my 'face' on I can usually do it pretty quick, after moisturising with l'oreal youth code luminosity:
L'oreal lumi magique primer
L'oreal lumi magique foundation (today I mixed them together then applied) with a real techniques buffing brush.
Wake me up concealer under the eyes, if needed I put either maybelline fit me or age rewind, OR Nars creamy concealer (not worth the hype if you ask me!) on any spots. Sometimes I use my deluxe crease brush from real techniques or I just use my finger.
Lioele be my skin powder with kabuki brush...from real techniques, surprise surprise.
I usually do a neutral eye look, embarrassingly I own all the naked palettes, but tend to mainly grab for my basics one as for day I prefer matte colors. Or I use maybelline color tattoo eye shadow pots. I own a Stilla smudge pot in kitten but prefer the maybelline formula way more! The color kitten is very pretty tho. I always swipe my finger in the white color of my Nude'Tude palette from The Balm for my inner eye area. I usually do black pencil liner on my tight line for a quick day look. I use either, Benefit bad gal liner or Nars liner. Then mascara, either bad gal from benefit or a Tarte mascara. 
Then do a bit of Benefit coralista blush with a real techniques blush brush. If I feel the need I will lightly bronze with Nars Laguna or Bourjois (the chocolate looking one). 
My lips get whatever I'm in the mood for, gloss, lippy or a balm stain from revlon. 

if I'm not heading out I usually just use a bb cream, more for protecting my skin then cosmetic. I am outside a lot (I'm a country girl) so I need to. My bb cream of choice is from Missha. If I'm feeling a bit blah and want to pep myself up I will use my wake me up under my eyes and some mascara. And a good lathering of lip balm, at the mo it's Say Yes To Carrots.... In berry flavour... Go figure. 
beautyandlouise
102 posts
My daily makeup routine:

Brushes : Sigma
Foundation : Revlon Colorstay (180 Sandbeige)
Concealer : Revlon Photoready Concealer (LightMedium)
Powder : MAC Mineralise Skinfinish (LightPlus)
Bronzer : Benefit Hoola
Blush : Elf Blush (TickledPink)
Illuminator : MAC Mineralise Skinfinish (SoftNGentle)
Lipstick : I mostly use NYX Round Lipsticks daily
Eyeshadow : I am boring and most of the time play around with Urban Decay Naked Palette
Brows : Phoenix Cosmetics Brow Powder (Charcoal)
Eyeliner : Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner (Black)
Mascara : Benefit They're Real Mascara (Black)

=] xx.
sarahlilly
15 posts
My daily make up routine takes me about 10-15 minutes (depending on how awake I am, haha)

Foundation : Rimmel Match Perfect
Concealer: Thin Lizzy for blemishes and Maybelline Age Rewind for dark circles
Powder: Maybelline Fit Me Powder
Bronzer: Thin Lizzy
Blush: Radiance by Smashbox or Santa Rose by Rimmel
Highlighter: Mary Lou-manizer by the Balm
Eyeshadow: Maybelline Trio in Sandy Dusk
Eyeliner: elf Studio Liquid Eyeliner
Brows : elf Studio Brow Kit
Eyelashes: Maybelline Falsies Flared
Lips: Usually either Primrose by Revlon or Mambo by Australis
belindaledwards
111 posts
On an average day for work, it takes me under 10 minutes.
I use:

Laura Mercier concealer
Christian dior powder foundation
MAC Sheer cover powder
Urban decay naked 2 palette in which ever colours I feel like doing, always neutral with a wee bit of shimmer
Nude by nature brown eye liner
Lancome hypnose mascara in black
MAC Bronzer blush in meow
Elizabeth arden blush
and whatever lip product I grab first, I do have quite a few!

In the weekend if I'm having a home day, I don't wear anything, and let my skin have a wee break. I often switch colours around, and I have a few different foundations, I also love my jane iredale mineral foundation. I love playing around with it all :-) I really want to get the MAC soft and gentle bronzer/highlighter!
paledolly
11 posts
~ tony moly green base primer
~ elf concealer and highlighter
~ illamasqua skin base foundation
~ elf eyeshadow palette (brown)
~ elf liquid eyeliner
~ tony moly blusher
~ elf eyebrow kit
~ elf volume mascara/tony moly catwink mascara

as for brushes i use sigma, they're beyond amazing!
Siena
50 posts
I had actually convinced myself that I do my make up before work in 10mins...it actually takes me about double that!! 

Moisturise (Oil of Olay)
MAC prep & prime
*Depending on they type of coverage I want either:
MAC Studio Sculpt (NC44), Studio Fix Fluid (NC44) or Bobbi Brown Long Wear (5)
MAC Studio Finish Concealer (NW35)
Garnier Anti Dark Circles roll
NYX Matt Bronzer (Dark Tan) to contour
Elizabeth Arden Blush (Can't remember the colour but is a pinky brown colour)
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick (Sandstone) to highlight
MAC Prep & Prime translucent powder to set 
MAC Fix + Spray 

Eye of Horus Eyeliner (Black) for my tightline
Eye of Horus Liquid Eyeliner
Eye of Horus Mascara (Black) 

MAC lippy (Twig)

I use a combination of Real Techniques / Crown / Artiste Brushes and my fake beauty sponge :) 

abbey_m
20 posts
Wow you guys who have 10-15mins in the morning to spare - I'm jealous! I've always been one to sleep in as long as possible, and I seriously only have 4-5mins to make my face presentable in the mornings for work! (Luckily I work with all guys and have very little face to face client contact!)  Here's my current workday routine:
Wash face in the shower with Natio Ageless Gentle Cleansing Milk
Chuck on some moisturiser - Natio Ageless SPF30 Daily Moisturiser
Wait for that to set in while I get dressed then use a couple of pumps of Lioele Triple The Solution BB Cream which I apply with my fingertips.
A quick brush of Rimmel Stay Matte Translucent Powder, some ELF bronzer and some ELF blushEyeliner - using a Natio one at the moment (if I can be bothered)Eyeshadow on the odd occasion that I have an extra minute to spare! I have way too many eyeshadows but I usually use a Revlon or Almay palette, whatever is closest to grab.
Mascara - this is a must!! I have about 10 or so on the go and alternate them but the one I use the most is a cheap Bourjois one I got from Postie Plus for about $5, it's perfect for daily work lashes. However...
If I'm going out, then it is a whooole different story and it takes me about half an hour! 
Kelli
73 posts
I'm a mum soooo my make up time is usually all over the place on how much mischeif she gets into that morning haha, usually takes me about 25 mins, if she leaves me alone I could easily be done in 10 minutes!  I prime with smashbox Foundation is usually Rimmel Wake Me UpIf I need concealer I use the same brand ^ or a Nyx tone correcting oneSet it with Australis powderDo my tight line with revlon black eyelinerEyeshadow usually just a nude shade for lid and slightly darker for my crease Slap on some falsies mascaraContour slightly with bourjois bronzer powder A light benefit blush And usually finish with a revlon lip stain :) And all applied with real technequies brushes or the handy finger for concealer!  In saying this I don't wear make up everyday just when I feel like it really haha 
skingeek
537 posts
Wow! I applaud the effort, ladies! On a regular work day, it's 5 minute shower, no facial cleanser in the am (just a double cleanse at night), spritz of toner, vitamin c serum, vit c eye cream, oil free lotion (all murad skincare), primer (murad)and pure mineral powder (nude or smashbox) or a bb cream with spf 30+ (smashbox), touch of mineral bronzer (smashbox), brow powder (bodyshop brow compact), and mascara (smashbox). Sometimes I pop on liner, but not usually. I love the smashbox powder liner in aubergine, that's my go to liner- really dark but nit quite black. if I wearsshadow (which is about twice a year!) I use my smashbox pallete
emkei
14 posts
It takes me 10 mins at the max during the week but in the weekend if can take double that. During the week I use:Moisturiser:   Triology very gentle moisturising cream and rosehip oil mixedFoundation:  Smashbox High Def - Fair                       Smashbox Halo perfecting powder - lightBlush:  Revlon - smoky roseLid primer:  Sigma Bare: PersuadeEye shadow:  Revlon - whispersweet neutralsEye liner (inner rim only):  M.A.C - powersurge or Paula Dorf enhancer  - Baby eyes Mascara:  Covergirl lash exact and covergirl lash blast lengthLipstick:  What ever colour takes my fancy from my drawer or one of the many lipgloss I haveBrushes:  Real techniques - powder brush                                           - blush brush                 Smashbox - brush 19                 Artiste - smal shadow brush                 Bare escentuals - soft focus brush
beksnz
33 posts
I'm loving reading these routines! I would so love to amp up my own! If I'm just doing the minimum to get out the door this is what happens ...  - St Ives or Karen Farley Moisturiser- Phoenix Cosmetics Custom Blend Foundation- Phoenix Cosmetics Brow Queen with an angled brush - L'oreal Powderliner and Mascara- Lucas Pawpaw ointment on my lips  Really really quick and easy. I don't generally wear eyeshadow or blush during the day unless there's some special event or I feel like I have a bit of extra time, which is never. Haha. 
kirstysays
762 posts
My daily face routine consists of the following: 
Toner - Natio Refreshing Face Mist
Moisturiser - Yes To Carrots Daily Face Moisturiser
BB Cream - Garnier Concealer - Maybelline age rewind
Powder - Natio Pressed Powder
Bronzer - Benefit Hoola
Blush - NYC Pink Cheek Glow
Brows - Benefit Gimme Brow or Elf Eyebrow Kit
Mascara - Collection Mascara (the purple and yellow one haha)
Tinted Lipbalm or Revlon Lip Butter

And Eyeshadow if I have the time (which isn't often)  

This is when I bother to put makeup on at all, as I study from home and no one sees me all day so there isn't too much point and only if I have time (and I have been crazy busy with assignments lately so it has been a very makeup free month for me).
Kellyleanne
551 posts
This is my daily face routine, it's interesting to see everyone elses routines!

Moisturiser: Clinique ddl or Essano moisturizer
Serum – Iope essential skin boosting serum
Eye cream – Linden leaves eye cream
Primer – Babyface primer
Brushes : Real Technique
Foundation : Nars Sheer Glow or Clinique Even Better foundation
Concealer : Collections cosmetics concealer
Bronzer : Nars laguna
Blush : Nars orgasm
Lipstick : Clinique chubby stick or Revlon lip butter
Mascara and eyelash curler : Maybelline Falsies or Za perfect action mascara

BeautyCutie
130 posts
What a fun discussion! Here's my routine (if I want to go for a full-faced look):

~ Cleanser: Glamourflage Halo Helen cleanser
~ Toner: Natio Rosewater and Chamomile Gentle Skin Toner
~ Moisturiser: Lush Celestial Moisturiser
~ Primer: Natio Mineral Primer
~ Concealer: Rimmel Hide the Blemish Concealer
~ Foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear (Cool Bone)
~ Blusher: E.l.f. blush in Twinkle Pink
~ Brows: Australis Brow Tint gel
~ Eye primer: E.l.f. eyelid primer in Pearl
~ Eye shadow: Varies day to day :)
~ Eye liner: Avon glimmerstick in Blackest Black
~ Mascara: Victoria's Secret Volume Mascara
~ Lip primer: Elizabeth Arden Lip Fix Cream
~ Lipstick: Varies day to day :)

If I'm not going for a full-faced look though, I'll just pop on some Australis Mousse Makeup after moisturising and go from there! :)
momiji
5 posts
Awesome thread idea! 
Mine usually takes about 20 minutes.

Benefit Porefessional
Liole Triple the Solution BB Cream
Mac studiofix concealer
Makeup Forever Loose Powder
Nars Laguna Bronzer
Mac Mandarin Blusher
Urban Decay Eyeshadow primer
Naked 3 Palette
Chichi nude eyeliner
Clump Crusher Mascara
MicheleC
419 posts
Well.... 

Cleansing in the shower: Neutrogena Pore refining exfoliator OR just nothing OR Neutrogena cleanser (night time Skinfood - Cleans All OR Neutrogena Cleanser, Neutrogena Oil-free makeup remover)
Serum: Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle OR Olay Micro Sculpting (just finished L'Oreal Laser 3X Serum)
Moisturiser: Yes to Carrots OR nothing (looking at other products at the moment) 
Foundation: Olay Complete - depends if I want to wear it or not
Concealer: (if I can be bothered) Collection
Brightener: Looking at this but not using yet
Blur: L'Oreal OR Garnier 
Powder: MoistureMist loose - loking at possible replacement but still like the colour match and can wear it on it own without foundation which I like
Blush: Elizabeth Arden
Bronzer: none
Highlighter/Blush: Revlon maybe but not always a bit too sparkly
Eyebrows: Revlon pencil and Elizabeth Arden Brow Powder
Eyeprimer: Art Deco
Eyeshadow: Art Deco
Liner: Revlon OR Eye of Horus
Mascara: Jordana OR Maybelline OR Revlon (free with gift)
Lipiner: sometimes - Jordana
Lipstick: Revlon or Jordana, or L'Oreal,

Brushes: Real Technique and Artiste

If I take my time 15 minutes plus, if I am in a hurry 10 minutes max!
Sylvia
149 posts
If it's a just a normal day with uni or work, I can do my makeup in about 10 minutes, depending on how late I am running.

Moisturiser: Essano rosehip daily moisturiser and Palmer's cocoa butter eyecream
Primer: Elf mineral primer
Concealer: Collection Lasting Perfection (for blemishes/redness) and Mac Pro Longwear (for dark circles)
Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte
Blush: Jordana Rose Silk (such a gorgeous natural pink)
Mascara: Za Perfect Action
Lips: varies from day to day, but usually just lipbalm or  whatever lipstick/stain I have in my bag at the time.

It sounds like a lot of products when it's all written down, but it really is quite quick to do in the morning :)
1139 posts
This might take awhile to type. This is the order I do it in:

- At the moment I'm getting through a bunch of moisturiser samples, but first I'll apply whichever moisturiser I'm using. 
- Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Primer (if I'm going to use foundation)
- Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation (or a BB cream if I'm not using foundation)
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
- Sleek contour kit 
- Blush varies... recently I've been using an IOPE blush that the wonderful Michelle from here has sent me
- Eyelid primer is usually elf but a friend of mine gave me 4 Urban Decay eyelid primer samples last week and they're soooo nice 
- MAC eye brows on the brows followed by elf brow gel
- Stila in the Light palette on the eyelids
- Benefit They're Real! mascara or my L'Oreal waterproof Mega Volume mascara if it's raining or I'm have to go to work (which often involves cutting onions and crying half of my makeup off) .

It takes me 20-30 minutes to do this and I do it every single day - if I don't have work, uni or plan on leaving the house then I don't bother with makeup but I have uni 5 days a week and always work both weekend days haha
RachLouise
218 posts
My daily routine constists of:

Dove facial Foam Cleanser
Oasis Beauty Apple A Day Moisteriser
Loreal Matte Morphose Foundation
Revlon Colorstay Concealer
Elf Eyebrow Kit in Medium
The Balm Nudetude
Australis Multi Mega Lash Mascara
Essence Superfine Eyeliner
Essence Bronzer
Australis Paparazzi Perfect Blush in Flash It
Stila Kitten for highlighter
Lipstick- Depends on what mood im in.

Usually takes 10-15 minutes xx
If im going to work I just use a BB cream (Garnier or Rimmel) with a bit of foundation on any spots that may need it (Revlon Colorstay) set with Maybelline Fit Me Powder, some mascara, brands differ but currently using Loreal Voluminous and I always fill my brows in eith the Elf Brow Kit. Any heavier on the make up and it just sweats off leaving me looking gross! If im doing a full face I use:

Moisturiser: Nivea Q10+ or Olay Total Effects
Primer: Elf Mineral Infused
Foundation: Revlon Colorstay or Estee Lauder Double Wear (for nights out!)
Concealer: Currently Loreal Magic Lumi but wanting to try Collection next
Powder: Maybelline Fit Me, definitely trying Australis Fresh & Flawless next
Bronzer: Australis Bronzing Powder
Highlighter: Only occasionally use - Chi Chi Natural Wall of Shimmer
Blush: Rarely use blush but if I do its Chi Chi Mosaic Blush
Eyeshadow: Have so many, current fave is the Sleek iDivine Original palette, but also use Chi Chi for more natural looks.
Eyeliner: Loreal Infallible
Mascara: Varies, currently using Loreal Voluminous and Chi Chi 3D Magic Lash
Brows: Elf Brow Kit
Setting Spray (for nights out): Elf Makeup Mist & Set
Oops I forgot Lips! Not a big lippie wearer, currently using Nyx Round Lipstick in Minimalism or Elf Matte Lip Colour in Tea Rose
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Wow, I love seeing what products everyone uses! I My daily makeup routine is always changing, but at the moment it is

Moisturizer- Oasis apple a day
Primer- Revlon photo ready (which i don't recommend)
Foundation-Rimmel Match perfect foundation
Powder- Maybelline fit me
Blush- Elf Passion
Eyeliner- Elf eyeliner, plus Loreal Liquid eyeliner
Mascara- None, on the hunt for one that looks good on me
Brows- Elf Eyebrow Kit
Lips- Za pure shine

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!