Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Counting down the days...

82 posts, 35 members
pintsize
1072 posts
I have to admit that since securing a BRBB I am now counting down the days until it is 1) dispatched and 2) arrived and in my little paws :)

12 days accounding to this page of wonderful information :) Eeeee

Gives me something else to look forward to while looking after my wee poppit with Chickenpox :(

trudijoy
8375 posts
wow just 12 days!  yay!  The BRBB is definitely like Xmas in a box, can't waaaaaaait x
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I have arranged with a male co worker that I work closely with that I store it on his desk for the day or nothing will happen from me. Where I work is getting a system change and the day of release is the first big day that it is on, I will need to focus on work and drool later.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Ooo now when you put it like that, that's not long at all! Eeee so excited to see what's in them!

Chickenpox are no fun at all, sending get well vibes to your little one x
Rezee
1964 posts
Yeah, can't wait! I feel way more relaxed about it since buying it, now that I know for sure it will eventually arrive at my house. I'm looking forward to seeing what pretties are in store for us!
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
eeeekkkk so excited for this!  Since my no spend started I didn't think I would get one but nope hubby insisted I buy myself one yussss!!  I have butterflies in anticipation for the BRBB :D
pintsize
1072 posts
Thank you Sarahbeautynz  you are so sweet.
She is right miserable at the moment and her mummy is exhausted and still battling the flu.
And I know my toddler might be about to pop out in spots soon too... Argh

Does anyone have tips to minimise scarring? my daughters face is starting to get quite a few around her forehead and mouth, and she is upset but the idea of scars (probably should start a new tread for this).
:/

Oh and I'm still counting down... 11 :)
littleparadise
178 posts
Yay yay yay! After all the anticipation of this BB its come around so quick! Can't wait to see everyones pics, I'll be brave this time and post one! SO excited! Aren't we so lucky!
-Bex-
611 posts
Oooooh this is so exciting. It's come around so quick!! Oh pint size your poor thing chicken pox is terrible I had all 4 of my babies with chicken pox last year youngest was 5 months and she was covered in spots. I just slathered them in calamine lotion and made sure they didn't scratch them and if they were really itchy I put them in the shower. Thank goodness none of them got scars. Sending lots of love your way I know how horrible it is
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I can't wait, i am going away for the next 10 days so I should be back just in time! 
AmandaJane
1147 posts
You know the customisation thing - can you choose natural products? That's why I haven't brought one because I most likely wouldn't use a lot of the products. 
chikoboo
3402 posts
Amandajane no the only questions were what is your preferred shade of lipstick, hair colour and so on. 

I was just wondering this morning when they were scheduled to be dispatched so thanks for answering my question =)   So looking forward to this box but I think it'll arrive whilst up Blenheim so will have to keep as far away from finding out it's contents until I get back home to it later in the week. 
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Thanks Chicoboo :)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I've tried to put it to the back of my mind when it arrives.
So excited for it!

Who will be doing unboxing clips?
trudijoy
8375 posts
pintsize what about rosehip oil? It won't hurt her face and should help the scars soften and heal?  I scratched up the inside of my arm really badly and healed it with that stuff
chikoboo
3402 posts
Hope to Ong, if this stupid anxiety gets lost.  At the moment everytime I set up to film i turn into a mushy mess that fumbles all over my words and shakes.  Hence the reason I have been working hard on my blog more, I can waffle on there without falling over my words and making an idiot out of myself.  So I'll ever do a unbox video or blog post on it. 
Lutece
1849 posts
Oh no!! Your princess has chicken pox :( BOOOO!!!!
I hope she gets over this soon, chicken pox are horrible xxxx

Im counting down the days too! I cant wait to see whats inside, I CANT WAIT! :)
Danni
324 posts
Chicken pox are horrible! I didn't get mine till I was 16. 5 years later I still have scars on my face that everyone tells me aren't there, but I can see them! So I might try the rosehip to reduce them :(
Macs
5351 posts
Hey pintsize,

Hope poppit  gets better soon x My two kiddies haven't had this yet. You read my mind. I've been thinking about the box ever since I purchased it. It was kind of thrilling securing one. The survey has sort of given us an idea of what could be in the box. I'll be counting down the days.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Your poor lil chicklet. I know I had the chicken pox when I was a little kid, but it must be awful. Not looking forward to that day in parenthood! But 12 days!? YAY!! Fiance's birthday is just before dispatch day so I get a date AND the beauty box in the same (ish) week. Bliss! 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
It's funny as I was obsessed with finding out when the BB would go on sale and getting hold of one but I haven't thought about it much since. I'm busy preparing for my trip to Korea and will be there when its dispatched. So I will trying not to find out what is in it until I get home!
pintsize
1072 posts
Thanks lovelies, I haven't tried the Rosehip oil on her yet but will do when the scabs start to form... she is still at the blistering stage, with new ones popping up steadily.
I have pinetarsel for bathing, calamine and antihistimines, it really is awful seeing them suffer.
She is being pretty good about not scratching so far though :) 
There are so many kids in our area with them at the moment too.

chelseaadelaide
703 posts
Oh how exciting! I hope the time goes quickly for you all. My goodness, what a massive job it must be getting them organised. 
MareeB
5241 posts
I'm really looking forward to it too!

Oh no, chickenpox - what a pain for your wee girl and you!!!
chloednz
217 posts
Yuss am so excited, I even had a dream that I got a despatch email- the next day I was so confused, was so sure it was real!
Julieal
915 posts
great -not too long to wait !!
kirstyj
1732 posts
So excited about the BRBB coming! I really can't wait. I'm really in the mood to try some new things.

Hope your wee one feels better soon pintsize! I had chickenpox as an adult and it was terrible :(
Kimrose
1416 posts
Pintsize, concerning chicken pox scarring you shouldnt use calamine lotion as it is quite drying, but you can use calamine cream. Also you can use an antihistamine like telfast for children as it will take away the heat and itchiness. Hope this helps.
MareeB
5241 posts
Thats good advice Kim, I didn't know about the telfast - wish I'd known when my kids were little. One of mine got shingles - that wasn't good at all!
Kimrose
1416 posts
This is quite a timely comment Maree as I just had some training on this at work today :)
annanguyen
142 posts
yay! This is exciting! I am counting down every day too and keep telling my husband that my BR Beauty Box will be dispatched on the 28th September. I am so curious to see what are inside the box. Plus this is my first Beauty Box so I am super duper excited.
pintsize
1072 posts
Thanks beautifuls your kind words and well wishes really do pick me up after a long long day.

And thank you kim_rose I had been told that before and I had forgotten (luckily I haven't used any on her face so far) and I wont use it here on in, I have SOOV that I was told I can use on them when they are really bad.  The antihistime she has is Lorapaed (she likes it as it tastes like peaches).
She has already struggled to get to sleep and is waking constantly wimpering and generally uncomfortable. 
kirstyj my hubby hasn't had them before either and he is already unwell at the moment so we are playig a waiting game to see if he does or not.

On a positive note... 10 days :) :) :)

Rezee
1964 posts
Poor munchkin. My bigger 3 have all had them but thankfully not too badly (my 5yo had them 3 times before he was 2, but they were all very mild doses). I hate how there is hardly anything you can do to really help. I have my fingers crossed for your husband to not get them!
pintsize
1072 posts
Thanks Rezee I hope he doesn't either... Miss is a bit better today but she has done so well not to scratch (proud mummy).

And what is helping keep me going when the coffee is failing me.... 9 days to go!!! 

Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Oh I am excited for this box!! I am in Perth at the moment and get home on the 29th, so should be home just in time to pick the box up! Can't wait
Ringy
825 posts
Awesome- we moved to NZ from Perth. My favourite spots for shopping are Garden City and the much quieter Claremont Quarter. 
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I love Garden city, plus they have the best frozen yoghurt there too
pintsize
1072 posts
... 8 Days to go :)

Also Daylight savings starts next sunday 27th at 2am... clocks go forward one hour.:) :) :)
Aaaaaw pintsize, I hope your little one is on the mend  :-( x

I cannot wait for delivery day.  It's like Christmas and your birthday rolled into one!

Bring on daylight savings.  Such a lovely evening in Queenstown tonight too.  Bring on summer. 
jalb88
121 posts
Whohoo. Almost at the week to go countdown! I've been trying not to think about it in the hopes that time will go faster hehe. This is my first ever box and I'm super excited! Do we think the BR elves will be busy packing up all our lovely customized boxes tomorrow?! And where in the country do they get shipped from?! 
Rezee
1964 posts
Yes, one more week from tomorrow.  Although I'm going to try to count down till the Wednesday since I figure they would be delivered by then? I think br are in Auckland?
littleparadise
178 posts
I wonder what will be in these little beauties! Lucky BR babes, its like Christmas and they are Santa, the elves and the reindeers! I was one of those kids that sat around the Christmas tree and shook presents to figure out what they were, so waiting is building up so much excitement!!
pintsize
1072 posts
Wow, I can't believe I have missed a few days counting down :/
So by my calculations... 4 days until they leave BR HQ [screams inside because I have a bunny on my lap and if I do it louder I'll get scratched up]

xxxx
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I can' beleive it's only 4 days away. I have been waiting for this box since June so I am soo excitied. I get back on Tuesday, so hopefully it doesn't arrive before me because that would sucks
trudijoy
8375 posts
lol Binary as long as it makes it to me by Saturday 3rd because I'm down south after that!
pintsize
1072 posts
Hopefully yours is one of the first to go out trudijoy maybe as a perk of being a superhero? 

I can't believe how the time has flown (or is that just me?) 2 days to go... I feel for the BR crew that have had the task of preparing them to send and the couriers that are about to be inundated with Beauty Boxes.

xx
glamfish
87 posts
OMG 2 days, lol that means it's my Dads birthday soon too. Man that came around fast. I'm refusing to allow myself to buy anything until I see what's in that box :)
Kimrose
1416 posts
Wow, only 2 days till dispatch. ...
Ringy
825 posts
It will fly by- especially since daylight savings will cut an hour off - that's a bonus
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I can't wait what will be inside ?

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!