Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Couldn't connect to the beauty vault

39 posts, 28 members
Ceyris
12 posts
Anyone else quite disappointed?  It took me a good eleven minutes to connect, reloading and reloading, then I could see what I wanted . . .  click . . .  oops!  cannot connect to www.beautyreview.co.nz . . . I kept calm and kept trying but have come away empty-handed. Perhaps because I am away down here at the end of the island? Maybe an auction system might be a little bit less pressured?  I must admit to feeling a bit less than optimistic after the preview didn't exactly go smoothly.
Amooly93
25 posts
Im in auckland and couldnt connect for 20 mins. So i am disappointed too. Their is always next time but what if next time is just the same. Only now at 50 mins later i can go through each page with no problem but took this look.
xjayloux
900 posts
Im sure there are many people feeling disappointed but people seem to forget this is not BR's fault.

BR did everything they can to take precautionary actions to prevent as much lag as possible.

Hundreds maybe even thousands of eager experts were trying to log in right from 9am which started causing some major lag issues.. Had everyone of read the instructions that said entrance for heros from 9am and experts from 9.10 and stuck to that then i truely believe there would have been little to no issues.

These products are free, they dont have to do this for us and this is a perk not a right. If it didnt go well this time it means you have points left for the next vault.

A bit of refreshing and persistence and patience got most people out with what they wanted, if people gave up then that is also not the fault of BR either.

I feel its more appropriate to be gracious than disappointed. BR is a free community that sends you products to trial for free, no strings attached. The vault is a pretty new addition and the community has grown substantially since the first one. I have no doubt this vault will be a learning curve for all which can only mean bigger and better things.

BR are human and have given up their saturday for this.. Remember they are people too! 

xjayloux
900 posts
There is always next time ladies! Hope you have a good weekend!

Diamond
26 posts
Its to be expected in situations like this, when you think about the amount of people all trying to access the site at the same time.

The only way I managed to get what I wanted was by refreshing the pages every second and opening pages in new tabs until they would load.

I had items in my cart that dissapeared, that meant I had to start all over again, but luckily no one picked them up before I could add them back into my cart. I suspect it may have been a little easier for people with fast computers and fast internet, but the majority of us all went through the same thing with pages not loading, crashing etc. 

The items are free, and I appreciate everything BR does for us. Look on the bright side, you still have tons of points left for the next vault, I on the other hand am down to 200 haha :) I better get reviewing!
First Lady
957 posts
Hi Ladies,

Unfortunately it seems 100s of people were refreshing the page from 9.00am even though only the 40 Heroes could enter. (As clearly stated throughout the week)

This caused the server to fall over briefly and have no time to recover.

The Beauty Vault is a reward for our members, there is in excess of $25000 of products, stock is limited and demand is high, and we can only try our best to ensure things run as smoothly as possible.  We appreciate people are going to be disappointed, but there is always next time!

There is no obligation to participate in this or any vault, it's simply a bonus you can choose to partake in.

Love

The Beauty Crew.
XoX

Mila
1209 posts
I have my fingers crossed for next time, we know its not BRs fault so many excited people trying to get on x
Thank you BR Natalie for everything. Follow the rules!  Patience and persistence does pay off.

And well said  xjayloux  :-) x

Bronnie
78 posts
Not BRs fault at all but only natural for everyone to jump into the Beauty Vault as soon as it opened awaiting their trun at 9.10am with nerves and anticipation to score what they really want.  Yes theres is next time but with BR being so popular now I guess we will endure similar issues - its now down to the lucky of the draw and speedy fingers.
Johanna
38 posts
hey ladies sorry to those who didnt get anything i had trouble loading too i guess a heap of us were on i couldnt even log in to begin with! what i got was far from my first choice but i am pleased i got things and yes you needed to keep trying as the site kept crashing due to over loads this was my first time and i am so pleased for the opportunity and grateful to those who helped last night with my questions on how to access the vault. Happy reviewing ladies and good luck for next time those who missed out xox
Chaotic82
522 posts
I was on earlier as I was surprised the tab was there, I misunderstood thinking it would only show up when it was my turn, so I went in. Sorry BR (and others) Crazy way to start the weekend, most awake I've been on a Saturday morning in ages hehe
Jesse
745 posts
Well said xjayloux ! After all, the Beauty Vault is just the cherry on top of the sweet sundae that is Beauty Review and it's a priveledge for us to be able to take part in it, not a right.

The Beauty Crew work their bums off to pull it all together and when you have hundreds of people trying to access the same page, it's not suprising it crashes. Unfortunately I pre-loaded my BR page and in my sleepy state didn't even think of the effect this would add to the crashing chaos. Perhaps a tip BR could add to the next vault - Experts not refreshing pages until 9.10 :)

Yes, some people may be disapointed when things don't go your way, I don't though because this is such a treat anyway and try to remember with soooo many members of course people will miss out. Would be cool if there was a way to limit fragrance purchases to one per person to spread the love around though! Is it bad that I now want a sundae after mentioning sundaes?
100_percent_ash
488 posts
Refresh button certainly got a workout but I made it out! 
100_percent_ash
488 posts
Not disappointed at all I understand how hard it must be for a small company to handle that kind of traffic. Think I'm in need of a wine to settle my nerves but as I'm pregnant will settle for a milo
mkltsullivan
85 posts
there are still a few bits and pieces in the vault for those who may want to grab a few bits and bobs they may not have had their heart set on but would still be nice to try(then you can review them and build up more points for next time!). There were 3 things I wanted from the beauty vault and I only missed out on one(sadly it was the one I really REALLY wanted) so I am quite lucky I guess. Thanks BR it was a mammouth task for you guys!
chikoboo
3402 posts
Nope not disappointed. Except for all the negatives and backlash comments that BR are being slammed with. This is the vault, this is how it works you don't have to take part and it's not anybody right to get something, there will be more and I know it's seems unfair to some trust us we have all been there.

You have to remember this is a small NZ company
that spends lots of time and effort creating this wonderful website, I know of not many servers that can tolerate that kind of traffic let alone in NZ.

If you was to go to a sale it would be first come first serve, fights over designer dresses so this vault is tame in retrospect.

Rant over lol
eejayybee
81 posts
The only negative I have is against myself cus I slept in. Doh! But I still managed to come away with a few skincare items so I'm a very happy girl. No complaints from me.
Thanks BR <3
skingeek
537 posts
okay. this was not br's fault. i am a little annoyed but only at the negative remarks i have seen. i'm a hero who was there to log in at 9 and guess what? I missed out too, but I am not complaining! I could get stroppy and say "well all of you tried logging in and blocked it up for us poor heros!" but we were all excited and a lot of us missed out. Get over it! and do not start bashing the br ladies!!!!
Mrs_rain85
437 posts
I'm not dispointed at all, yes the sever kept crashing and kicking me off etc... but thats because hundreds...probly thousands of ladies kept being impatient and refreshing every 2 seconds. but hey i had fun. ya win some ya lose some. thanks BR for yet again another vault!! :) xx
xjayloux
900 posts
Some of the responses to this post just make me super proud to be getting to know such awesome ladies on here! So many feisty passionate and upfront ladies on here! Super awesome! 
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
chikoboo YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amen to you sister! <3 I can't help but feel mild rage at the people who are bitching and leaving unnessary comments on BR's facebook page. I am forcing myself not to snap at all of the mean comments. But it is hard :P

This has been an incredible way to start the weekend.
skingeek
537 posts
with you, jaylou! I had to bite my tongue for fear of being told off hahahaha
100_percent_ash
488 posts
Just had another look to see what I hadn't noticed and there's quite a bit still there. Maybe not the highly desirable items but hey it's nearly 11 and a lot of that was sold out when I went on at 9.

I'm so glad the vast majority of us are kind and understanding of the niggles.
brushandbullet
395 posts
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Well said xjayloux, this is a bonus and a treat and we shouldn't expect anything from BR at all as they do so much for us anyway, especially behind the scenes that we don't see. Put yourself in BR's shoes.  Just think about BR's feelings as they will be feeling quite hurt right now as you know how they want everyone to be happy xx

I understand that a few were disappointed and that is to be expected, I would be too, but just think how you word things because sometimes it can come over in a different way to how you actually mean it and some of us members do tend to become a bit defensive lol.

Come on lovelies, lets keep it positive, you'll have more points to spend next time and this is only the second vault that BR have done, so please show your appreciation for all the work they have put in, I know that will really make their day.  

Great work as always BR xx
mkltsullivan
85 posts
I prepared myself to miss out and was expecting to walk away empty handed. This is a FREE site, free to use and occasionally some of us get the honour of recieving FREE products(shipped at no extra cost) to try and our only obligation is to review which is one of the main reasons we use this site anyway. Reviewing gives us these points which we get to use in the vault. We can also read other reviews before buying products and get the forums where we get to interract with like minded beauty junkies. Save your points for next time
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
OMG brushandbullet, how did you put that awesome round of applause picture in, that was so well done xx
brushandbullet
395 posts
haha! I got it off the Reaction Gif site, it's from Citizen Kane I think.

To add a pic, click on the picture icon (it's next to the link icon in the menu bar when you type out your reply), and add the link to where your picture is from. Usually on a web page you'll have to right click on the pic to "open image in new tab" to get the URL for it, then you paste that in.
HouseOdBanana
350 posts
I feel and I am sure many others do too, that as soon as someone expresses what they actually feel about certain things on the site or with the site they get attacked or taking them wrong way. Dont get me wrong I love the BR community and I am a true and loyal addict haha. But sometimes people should be able to say if they are not happy with what is happening. And not once have I seen anyone been rude when they have said something that might look negative. Its called constrictive criticism. It is good that BR know these kind of thing and that its an open communication between reviewers and the BR team. Yes I am very greatful for the things BR does for us and I am sure BR is greatful to have us, but in the end without the reviewers the site would not be up and running. With out both parties the site would be non existing. I do understand that people get protective over BR and I do too sometimes, but everyone has right to their own opinion and maybe exprssing that opinion can improve everyones experience.
Bronnie
78 posts
I do agree with you villemesic.  It is human nature after all and you are always going to get negitive along with the postive.  Thankfully the BR forum is a place were we can all place constructive criticism and not be attacked as you say unlike some of the terrible comments and abuse that goes on FB!
HouseOdBanana
350 posts
BONNIE I agree with you very much. I have had to leave a very popular/famous group on FB just because of that and it is ridiculous!
Bird
231 posts
So I popped onto fb, had a wee browse, went & made a second coffee then switched to BR at 9:10. Got a couple of wee things then got off, no issues here, only slight lag, which is expected :)
My advice would be for future Vaults to defragment your pc and do a disc cleanup the day before, restart your computer before the event, and only have open whats necessary. Multiple tabs and extra windows and background programmes running, also other people in your home using the same connection, will only add to the lag and slow the lines up even more, not only for you personally but also the servers you are pulling information from. I'm not exactly a technical expert but this is my understanding of how it works. Ofcourse the speed of your own sytem (pc) also makes a difference.
I've had a fair bit of experience with online events prior to BR and there most likely will be some sort of lag anyway :)

Look on the bright side, more points for next time & everythings a learning curve, right? :)
Hello! Took me awhile to get connected, but I knew it was because we were all trying to get in there at the same time!  I just wanted a nosey really don't have that many points and saving them for next time :) Thankyou BR ????
Kaitlyn343
268 posts
I couldn't get through either but hey there's always next time and anyway all that stuff was for free, we wouldn't have a chance like this anywhere else if it wasn't for BR.
Rachael17
29 posts
I was working so missed it this time, but have learnt from reading about it in the tips from BR and you lovely ladies what to do and what not to do for next time.  BR you ladies rock, I will be taking the day off next time so I don't miss out.... looking forward to it already.
Lisap
33 posts
I totally agree with you villemesic , I have also found that if you express an opnion that doesn't necessarily
Agree with everyone else, you get shot down by the same people. I think we need to be aware that
Everyone has a right of expression, and as long as you're not rude or abusive! I think you should be
Allowed a say without being made to feel small or belittled. It is after all a forum for people to say what they think. Just coz you don't agree with someone's opinion,let them have the freedom of speech and don't always feel,the need to shoot them down:)
katypatatie
142 posts
I don't think we really have a right to complain, we aren't paying them anything, they are GIVING it away. All we pay for is postage. Would you be complaining to a stranger down the street who was giving away free things, but not doing it fast enough for you, or they didn't give you something you wanted? I highly doubt it. So why do it hiding behind a keyboard? I think we all need to look at the bright side, we were offered something for free, yeah maybe we missed out, maybe the website ran slow, but be grateful you were even given the opportunity.
pintsize
1072 posts
Honestly I can't believe this thread is still active!  All valid points have been made from either side of which ever fence.  Now BR have been slogging the butts off for us all whether it be trails, vault, community building experiences such as the forum... they all take work behind the scenes. The BR crew are not robots, they are real people with real feelings and are just as disappointed that they can't please everyone.
The crew gave up their time and their family time to run such an awesome event (reminder: only the second ever vault too).  I for one didn't get anything from the first vault... even though I could have, but purchased successfully this time around even with all the added pressure on the site from unwanted entry attempts.  Now all those who are feeling let down and disappointed... reality check!!! we don't want to hear it anymore (not a personal attack on anyone just a generalisation)
I for one am tired of being made to feel guilty over my successful purchase and until now have biten my tongue but to be respectful to BR I suggest those that have nothing new to add or rather nothing positive to add can take a wee break from the keyboard and re-evaluate! Think about what this awesome community means to so many of us.  Lets not have negative nellies spoil it for everyone else becasue I have no idea what the world would be like with out BR now... I miss it if I have a day away from checking in (Yes, I admit it... I am an addict... and proud of it!).

Love and respect to BR Crew and their support crew
PS can we close the thread now?

xx
brushandbullet
395 posts
Pintsize, I think you'll find that the vast majority of people in this thread, and indeed on the forums, agree with you and have even made some of the points you made already :) Lots of BR love all around! Ignore the haters!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!