Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Collagen Supplements

8 posts, 6 members
Imoshen
461 posts
Tannygirl - I just read your review on Imedeen and was very interested to read your take on it.  I've never thought about taking Collagen Supplements before, specially since I have trouble swallowing pills but last week I discovered Imaglow from Good Health and wondered if you have tried it.

I've only been taking it a for a week (two tablets per day) and I'm impressed.  The redness/splotchiness in my skin is going away (this could be Marula Oil that I have been using but I seriously doubt that) and the piting in my skin is evening out a bit (hardly noticeable to most people but *I* notice it).  I will definitely continue using this.

The tablets themselves are surprisingly easy to swallow, specially for someone like me that has trouble with it.

I notice you mention Clinicians Rejuvenate (it annoys me that these companies can't put pill sizes on their bottles for people like me so we can judge if it is something we can take easily or not) and wondered how big are those things?

PS buy off Healthpost, it's cheaper.
Imoshen
461 posts
Oh I just found the Supplement reviews!  I am reading through the reviews for Clinicians Rejuvanate now.

MareeB - I have been taking Astaxanthin since October and have been very impressed.  I find it very subtle but have noticed increase in energy, motivation and evening out of mood spikes due to being in a stressful environment at the moment (unwanted house guest).  It's supposed to be very good for memory too ;).
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Love the sound of the Imaglow from Good Health, might have to track that one down and use in conjunction with the Marula oil you stated before and hopefully receive good results like yours.

I've purchased from Good Health in the past and they are pretty good price wise. 

For those that want to read reviews on Supplements - this link will take you straight to them x
Imoshen
461 posts
When I checked the pill size in a shop (easy to do, comes in a slide box but don't do in front of a sales assistant like I was caught doing hehe) and found they were something I could swallow, I checked the price at $62 for a box.  Thank you Healthpost, you guys are amazing!

The reviews of other products I was reading contained comments about having to take the pills at certain times (morning and evening, half an hour before food, with certain foods such as fats etc). 

With this I have been taking my two in the morning with my toast.  I would take them with my evening meal but I would most likely forget.

I have no reflux, no fishy smells in my mouth or back of the throat, no indigestion, absolutely no side effects at all.

YMMV (your mileage may vary).
MareeB
5241 posts
I was very impressed with those supplements Imoshen!
tannygirl
3392 posts
Imoshen I've taken Imaglow it was the first collagen supplement I took and I took it for over a year. I didn't see really a huge difference I couldn't really tell if it was actually working. I did also start getting more serious about skincare and got into serums around that time. 

Clinician Rejuvenate is the one I've stuck with for the past few years. I did get off it for a few months here and there to try the Go Healthy ones and the Imeeden. But I went back to it. It's the only supplement of the ones I've tried for skin that improves my nails, whilst making a bit of a difference with my skin plus you can reduce to just one capsule after 8 weeks. As far as capsule size they are a rounded cylindical pill just under an inch. I've never had problems swallowing them but then I don't have problems with most pill sizes. 
Julieal
915 posts
Like most suppliments you need to take for a reasonable time before you get any impact. I found Ima glow really good but did not really start seeing an inprovement in my skin for approx 3 weeks. Possibly depends if your system is low on any of the ingredients too.
lifeissupa
35 posts
I think i need these myself. Health post here i come next week. Like to have better hair and skin. Getting older sux lol

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!