Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Cha-cha-changes.....

123 posts, 37 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
the bit where you can share to FB or twitter? nice :)
Ngahew
152 posts
Ooooh you're the best First Lady xox
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
The wee bit under a review from a trail product?!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Oooooh love these changes and Head Pixie you are adorable.  I'm so loving the videos, so informative for new members as well as old xxx
Macs
5351 posts
I only just got on now. It's been a busy day for me. I'm still discovering the site. Well done Team at BR xx
First Lady
957 posts
Ooo look at you spotting things!!

What I was talking about is moderation...

Moderation will now take place BEFORE a review goes live.

Bye-bye uninformative reviews!

xox

P.S,  This is still being tinkered with by the Boffins but will be live soon!
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
I've just popped on had a couple off days away an wow changes :) 
looking good x

kirstyj
1732 posts
Love the side bar with recent reviews and forum! Good to know wherever I am in the site if there is a convo I want to join in on in the forum going on!!!
Is the font smaller or is it just my eye sight think I'm going to need to get some glasses to keep up feeling my age sigh. Love that I can edit my post as well.
Koni
444 posts
Great job on the changes!!

I really like how there's a vid for the Vault, Trial Teams and About Us segments; giving a quick rundown of each one (go Head Pixie!!). Like Kirsty I also like the quick links sidebar - it makes it easier to navigate to things that I would generally look for.
g1ggles2
358 posts
Morning ladies, I am Loving the changes, it looks to clean & fresh and super easy to find things.Great job :D Looking forward to the rest of the changes going live!
shazatron101
5112 posts
the moderation of the reviews is the one i love the most :D :D :D it'll definitely be a lot of work but i think in the long run having quality reviews rather than a 1 sentence review is the best. weeeeeee
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yes the moderation is a great idea. Also hello inbox! Lol
Ngahew
152 posts
Hehe, YAY inbox!!! Love it!
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I like that idea about moderating the reviews. That should ensure more quality reviews on the site. Looking forward to seeing the product database expand with more the requested products loaded up for review. That would be wonderful. 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Hello inbox and badges :) I love the idea of the moderation for reviews too, no more bad reviews!
MrsLissy
301 posts
I haven't read the whole thread so sorry if someone else has noticed these.

I was originally viewing the page on a portrait oriented monitor and instead of adding a scroll bar down the bottom of the page it just chopped both the left and right side bars off. Once I moved it to a landscape monitor I could see the whole page. 

Also, from a useability perspective I'm not sure about the stacking of Trial Teams, Forum, About Us, Photowall links. I originaly reaid it as "Trial Teams Forum" and I thought oh cool but they were two seperate links. I think it's a bit ambiguous.

When I came to comment on the forum I could't start typing (no curosr) unless I pushed the Bold button. If I try to unbold it my curosr goes away. I could unbold it all once I had typed a whole heap though. 

The benefits of having software testers as members huh! All of these issues were in Chrome. 
Ngahew
152 posts
I used to have the problem with not being able to write in the forum, with the no show cursor but with the new website...no issues! Thank goodness... I wonder if it's because you're viewing in Chrome?
Head Pixie
569 posts
Hey tannygirl - to answer your question about new products being added - there sure will be, but after having a large amount of people request products, us load them up, only for them to remain unreviewed we've a new policy where a product must be requested to be loaded up by three separate members before we do. 

So lovely to read all the wonderful comments on the refreshed site - gives us all the happies! X
tannygirl
3392 posts
Thanks for explaing that Head Pixie. 
Kimrose
1416 posts
And we have badges! :)
Ngahew
152 posts
Oh, we do tooooo!!! How cool!
Imoshen
461 posts
Hi Kellie!

That's an interesting new change to adding products to review but I suppose it makes sense.  I have requested a product in the past to be added but whenever I checked, it wasn't there so I gave up looking for it and in the end, stopped using the product anyway.

I would love to do some reviews of The Ordinary products so hopefully some of those will go up at some stage. 

tannygirl
3392 posts
   Me too Imoshen. I'm currently using the Buffet, Arbutin and Ascorbyl Glucoside and my skin is improving, even though it's only been about two weeks.

There seems to be alot more articles posted too. This may come across as dumb but I can't find a button to take to the page where I can find all the previously posted articles. Do you know where I can find it on the site?
Rajvee2588
221 posts
Hello everyone
hope u all doing well.
Just love new website. So different and nice. And also like kellie's videos. 

Qweenkaren
313 posts
Inbox is Back! boom!

BTW - I love the cleaner fresher look to the site & logo. Love my badge too :)
MareeB
5241 posts
Hi Ladies I just went to ask for some products to be aded and notice it goes to a contact details page? is that correct?
First Lady
957 posts
Hey Maree,

Hmmm, which page was the link on?  I've just whizzed through the Request a product be added links (catchy name!) on the category dropdowns and they're all going to the right place.

Let me know and we'll get it fixed up :)

xx
MareeB
5241 posts
It was at the bottom of the brand directory page Nat. I just looked elsewhere after you said that and have found the correct page :) I wasn't sure you wanted us all emailing you with demands hahahaha
shazatron101
5112 posts
If badges are back, are supers back? how does this work! too many changes my brain can't handle it! (but we like them, precious)

also MrsLissy (I think thats who posted about this) I'm also having the issue where I have to click bold or italic to be able to type in the typey box :'( so annoying
Head Pixie
569 posts
Evening all! 

Oh my gosh, I'm watching SATC and you wouldn't believe what I just heard... eyes bulged ... anyhoooooo....

It's so great having your feedback, especially if things aren't working as they usually should - sometimes kinks do slip through the system despite a crazy amount of testing. 

If you do have anything you want to query feel free to email [email protected] - that way we can officially log it and get the boffins to look into it if something's not looking right.

xo Kellie

MareeB
5241 posts
What's SATC Kellie? I'm a Southern Charm addict now - nothing else matters. BUT it's finishing this week - NOOOOO!!!
Ngahew
152 posts
OML, I haven't been able to reply for ages... Just realized why, I'd accidentally logged out... Doh!
Ngahew
152 posts
I think I may have requested a product to be added, on the wrong link... It also came up with contact details required!?

I clicked at the bottom of brands directory, should I go to another link?
Head Pixie
569 posts
Hey MareeB - Sex and the City. All the seasons are on NEON and I've been on a wicked binge -fest. I forgot how much I enjoyed it - and how blatant it can be (which I enjoy, haha!).
MareeB
5241 posts
Hahahaha - you go girl, I'm feelin your joy :)
Macs
5351 posts
Rajvee haven't seen you here for a long time :) Good to see you xI love the new site . I do
miss having a look in the vault. I like stalking it. Unless I'm not looking properly. 
I like the idea of having reviews reviewed before they go live.  I am so strict on editing my stuff I like the idea of someone checking it for me before it's loaded, haha!
MareeB
5241 posts
Hi Ngahew I did the same thing, but if you roll your mouse around near the word'wellbeing' on the menu above, a drop down menu will come down with a link that will take you there :)
Ngahew
152 posts
Thank you so much MareeB xx
pintsize
1072 posts
I am still in catch up mode but loving the changes so far :D
well done BR Crew
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I watched a couple of videos tonight, nice work Head Pixie and the other people behind the camera.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Kellie (aka Head Pixie), I saw your previous post about new product requests needing 3 separate requests from 3 different members before being uploaded to the system.  I think this new change is great, but I have a few questions about the way this will work. Please could you clarify a little more, both for me and others reading this thread? 

- Will product requests be saved or recorded somewhere until 3 requests are received? 
- Is there an expiry period of products requested, if no other members requests the same item to be uploaded within a certain period of time? 
- How does this affect previous product requests made over the past 6 months? (I haven't seen any new products uploaded to the brand directory for the last 6-8 months, other than Trial Team products or Vault items). 

Thanks so much. x

Head Pixie
569 posts
Hey Silvene,

Thanks for your questions! We've every product request since we began collecting them. And we've just welcomed a new crew member, Mia, who'll be working on product uploads for the foreseeable future. 

Keep checking back! The products are a'comin! 

Kell

MareeB
5241 posts
Will it be helpful to discuss good products in the forum to encourage more people to try them and then request to have them added for review?
trudijoy
8375 posts
** NOT A COMPLAINT BUT** I've had a couple products that i've requested be added and then haven't reviewed.

The reason is that sometimes it takes ages for them to be loaded, and then we're not told they're there. If I knew they were there I'd have done it. Sometimes I've written the reviews and saved them but generally if it goes on too long i forget if i liked it and what i liked about it and don't feel the review would be awesome, so I don't go ahead with it.

SO while i understand the change, I'm still not sure it'll rectify that problem tbh
MissQT
1547 posts
Yeah I like that idea Maree, as I'm sure I have products that other people want to review but I haven't been bothered to request them to be added. And I don't want to add every product under the sun that I own.

im also in the same boat as Trudi and I used to check the "recently added products" section regularly but I've stopped as I didn't see many products being added (part of silvene's question which head pixie answered). And by the time the product was added I'd either already finished the product or forgotten about it/biffed it away. I used to write up reviews for all products I used and saved them but then I built up a lot of reviews I had written but the products never got added so I thought this was a waste of my time and decided to just review products already on the BR system. Perhaps you could look into a system where members can view a log of product requests and the status - e.g requested, pending, declined, added. It would be good to know if products have been declined too as I sometimes forget what products I've requested and then I might submit the same request again. And if I knew the product was already declined that would reduce the number of requests.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I like those ideas Maree and Miss QT. I've requested so many products but I may have been the only one although, some of the products I did request at times were ones I received in the Best Ever Beauty Box. But I may have been the only member keen to review those so...(shrugs). 
MissQT
1547 posts
tannygirl I too requested some products that were from the BBBE's. They might have been different ones that you uploaded though. But maybe the crew have been too just with all the new updates and fighting off spammers. Which is why we now have Mia, welcome!
MareeB
5241 posts
Me too tannygirl. I've gone through tons of BBBE products that I'd like to review. They might be coming soon now though :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!