Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Ch-ch-ch-chan ye ges

81 posts, 30 members
First Lady
957 posts
So.  Missing anything?

Statuses are gone.  Buh-bye.

"So what does this mean?!" I hear ye scream.  Well allow me to fill you guys in.

As we mentioned, the site is going through a bit of a revamp, with changes to the site and how things tick along around here.  

1. Statuses no longer exist.  You will still receive points, but there's no badge.  All users are created equal.  Except that is for our..

2. Expert Review Panel.  See, here's the thing.  I have had to send out too many emails already this year chasing up reviews post deadline.  Asking for reviewers on Trial Teams to write more thorough and informative reviews.  This displeased time-poor Natalie greatly.  I could have been watching TWD.  GOT.  DQMW.  So I spoke to the Queen.  And we decided that while still remainly independant (our core values will never change) trial teams products are going to go to members that regularly contribute to the site.  That write excellent reviews.  So we'll still strictly be sending them out to people who fit the criteria of the product, and at random, BUT these trial members will come from our Expert Review Panel.

A place on the Expert Review Panel is not guaranteed - members of Beauty Review will need to fill out the application survey and demonstrated a proven history of great reviewing.  Applications will be approved or declined within 5 working days.  

Now obviously you guys are the forefront of what we mean by rewarding deserving members, so here's the application survey to fill in ahead of everyone else.  

3.  The Beauty Vault hasn't gone anywhere, so don't worry - we're just working on stocking it to make sure it's really full, because of course any member who's been with us for longer than 6 weeks, with a minimum of 500 points to spend can enter.  With the introduction of the Expert Review Panel, the Beauty Vault will become the main reward for all members to review, review, review.  

This is just a brief overview of the changes to come, and they will no doubt be more, but mull over this for now and get those applications in.

xox

P.S.  Y'all are my guinea pigs for the survey, so any problems filling it out, email me and I can fix it up.  
shazatron101
5112 posts
Finally! "fashion hair" a choice I can pick!!! 

While I am sad to see my badge go I think it's for the better, I think on a beauty site everyone should be on the same level. However it's not going to stop my big fat head telling me how awesome I am ;-) hahhahahaha :P 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Makes sense and that's a big change but change is good (so they say) I was only thinking yesterday how perhaps my reviews are a little alike especially when I really like a product..oh well we will find out as time goes on about our REP :)
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I found a problem with the sign-up form.  I'm posting it here so that you don't end up with 101 emails about the same thing.

Question 20 asks for the URL for a blog, handle for Facebook & Twitter, page view info and follower count but it's not very clear where this info needs to be put.  A box next to or under each one for the relevant details would make it a little easier.  

I didn't fill mine out as I had other info in the "Other" box and will email it to you.

Other than that, the sign up form looks really good and is very user friendly.
Macs
5351 posts
Wow big change. I like it though. Feels fair for everyone. I did have problems opening the survey this morning. I tried later on and managed to get it. 

trudijoy
8375 posts
hey, nattymcnatnat (11 hour day, don't ask!)

The last two questions... 'do you have a beauty specific account' and 'will you share to your beauty specific account?'... if you answer no to 'do you have one' then the final question becomes a bit redundant, yet you have to answer. Might be one to fine tune x

Other than that, yay, very much excitement!
MareeB
5239 posts
Wow, that's an exciting change! It sounds like it'll be a great improvment if it streamlines the process  :)
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Great change! I had no issues with the survey.
MareeB
5239 posts
It's a big week with the change of status and a new BBBE due to be announced soon - exciting !!
Koni
444 posts
I love that BR are always looking for ways to improve!
Macs
5351 posts
Yes I saw that on facebook Maree. I can't wait to see what next box release is. I wonder what other surprises BR have for us. 
MissQT
1547 posts
Ooh exciting new changes! Can't wait to see the other changes.
kirstyj
1732 posts
What a cool idea. Seems like a win win solve for BR And the users
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Will fill that out during my lunch hour :) Just wondering if there is limited or unlimited places?
Imoshen
461 posts
Interesting survey!  I did notice the other week that the status's had disappeared and figured it was a brilliant move.  Should have known you had some more evil plans in the mix :).

I suspect the changes will upset some people but they need to be reminded, the more you put in, the more you get out of it and First Lady, we all know that you put a lot of hard work into this so hearing about you constantly chasing up reviews and following through with people breaks my heart.  You need to spend your time on far more exciting things!  
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I was wondering what happened when the badges were gone but it seems like changes for the best. I would be peeved too if I had chase people up for reviews.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Change is great! The survey was all good. I don't use any social media so don't like my chances but good luck to everyone :-)
Macs
5351 posts
Thought crossed my mind today. Now that the statuses have gone does that mean the hero code for bestbeautyboxes no longer exists. 
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Love these changes.  When I saw my badge gone I knew it was only a matter of time we would find out about the new changes.  I filled out the survey but like the other ladies I don't have a beauty blog etc but the last question wasn't applicable to me either.  I ticked yes because I would actually be willing to make one if the opportunity arose.  EXCITING!!
trudijoy
8375 posts
i filled it in to say i'd share - because i would if i had one, but i don't ! :)
siouxsannah
261 posts
Survey is done! I am very active on social media, but I don't have an account dedicated just to beauty.
Macs
5351 posts
I don't think I read that part properly siousannah. I used to be strictly beauty but I've changed into my family life as well. 
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Done! For the last question I just put no because I didn't have any special beauty accounts, but now I'm seriously considering making an instagram just to post pics of the makeup I binge buy hmmm.
Qweenkaren
313 posts
Exciting!!

While I didnt get an opportunity to be a Hero, I was always kind of glad, as I was worried about the pressure that would be bring - even if it was self induced.

I am very happy that the reviewers will come from a proven pool of people, as the number of reviews which could be better is frustrating, especially when most of us try to give a thorough review of a product.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ooooh love these changes.  So exciting.  I haven't been on here as much as I would like but trying my hardest to get on here and be more active, have missed chatting and being enabled by you lovelies heaps ha ha ha xxx
ragingfrog
1289 posts
We have missed you too Mumof3Munchkins.

I look forward to the changes, they sound great and if it stops the reminders that you send Nat it has a benefit, even though I don't till for my trial reviews day due to see if I have a prefered way on an item.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
awww thanks ragingfrog xxxx - the joys of now working long hours ha ha ha
Oh man, I feel bad for you chasing up reviews. That must be such a frustrating use of your time! Good idea just choosing from people that have proven themselves reliable!
Oh wow, I really squeaked in on that survey... done 32 reviews so far! But I'm not on social media atm so I might be shooting myself in the foot there... Guess I'll know in a wee while! 

Better go do that review number 33 anyway. Good thing about Dad using my good stuff in the shower is at least I get to crack out new things to review! Thanks Dad... I think???
trudijoy
8375 posts
This is now becoming essential, this foundation! I'm 36 and look 63 :/
kirstyj
1732 posts
You do not Trudi!!!
trudijoy
8375 posts
After the couple weeks I've had that's me being kind haha
shazatron101
5112 posts
i agree with kirsty - you do not look 63! you crazy woman

also... has it been 5 days yet? :P 
trudijoy
8375 posts
5 days since I turned 63 ? Lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
(thanks though )
First Lady
957 posts
5 days?  Nah, almost positive it's only be erm, 2?  

It's on my list, promise, we're just finalising bits and pieces, so when it goes live to the masses the process is streamlined!

I told you you were my guinea pigs right?!

xox
shazatron101
5112 posts
it's probably been 2 days in TWD universe so... you may be onto something there. although, if theres no more businesses to run, do they still have business days? 
***!! Excitement !!***
gtsgrl
169 posts
Survey filled in - This will be an interesting change and I think it will be for the better.
I can only imagine your frustration at having to chase people up :(

I'm not really sure how (or if) it will affect me as I'm not a big poster in the forum.  I've actually been out of action for quite some time but hope to still be a part of it all.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I figured between that and the magic foundation trial you guys are probably having a crazy week!
Ringy
825 posts
goodness - how did I miss this? I've been flat out moving - still am! But this sounds very interesting indeed. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
yay expert panel! SO EXCITED <3 thanks for this, BR :) I love this idea and not just because I made the cut hehe
g1ggles2
358 posts
OOOo are the results in are they?
So looking forward to seeing if I made the cut :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
i think they've started to send the emails out, not sure if they're done but I would doubt it with how many applications I'm sure they have had to go through :) Good luck!
Qweenkaren
313 posts
It feels great to be a chosen one :)
Macs
5351 posts
Congrats to you both.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yay! Congratulations to everyone who made it on to the review panel. So happy to be joining you!
Macs
5351 posts
Oh you got on soozie. Oh exciting times . I wonder who else got on.
MareeB
5239 posts
Me!!! Thank you for choosing me BR xx
tannygirl
3392 posts
Congrats ladies. Is there an e-mail that's supposed to let you know you made the cut?

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!