Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

9 posts, 8 members
MareeB
5241 posts
Oh and another wee oily tip: I've been dabbing castor oil on my eye lids at night to help me sleep - and it works, by the way. But more importantly, I've been noticing my dry eye problem has also eased, presumably due to the oil keeping my eye-ball lubricated for longer. I'm rubbing it on my frowny lines and upper lip now too  - hey why not try for a third miracle???
Ngahew
152 posts
Whaaaaat, really!? Wow, that's pretty cool! Thanks for the tip!
Priestess
18 posts
Castor oil is an amazing oil it has lots of health properties when it comes to skin care but is overlooked, it is also really affordable.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Wow, that is actually quite neat.  I'm buying some Castor Oil in my next iHerb haul I think, apparently its really good for your skin too.  Thanks for the tip :-)
Macs
5351 posts
Far out never thought of using that. I'll make sure to remember that one. Luckily I can fall off to sleep fast. My early morning run/walk helps make me tired earlier. 
Chaotic82
522 posts
Castor Oil just reminds me of the old wives tale of using it to bring on labour.   I've never heard of it for helping sleep or beauty purposes.  Interesting!! 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Castor Oil can also be used to make your own oil cleanser.  It needs to be blended with another oil in the perfect ratio to suit your skin type.  I've tried it and it does work, it just doesn't emulsify and does need to be removed with a warm wash cloth.  

If you're keen to give it a go, here's the article that gives the ratios per skin type.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
That article is great Silvene, thanks heaps for sharing, given me ideas for my own recipe etc
GingerRoyal
5 posts
thanks for this tips, now i will buy this oil

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!