Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

candle addicts, check in!

39 posts, 15 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
I know BR is full of candle addicts (like me!)....

... what are you burning at the moment (and would you repurchase?)

... what's next in your 'to burn' queue (and where did you pick that up?)

... what's on your wishlist at the moment? (yes, all the options :P )

... any faves you buy time and time again? (and add the details!  price?  where from?)

...any one off AMAZING candles you haven't rebought but would love back in your life?  (tell us the story!)
trudijoy
8375 posts
ooh and my answers:

..currently burning Ecoya Palm Leaf and Tiare Flower, and it's nearly done.  I wouldn't buy it again.  I'm so on the fence with Ecoya candles.  They smell divine in the jar but they're not as intense as i'd like.

... next in the queue is either a Mira White Ginger Lily one I got for my birthday, or my Glasshouse Rio de Janeiro candle that I got myself for my birthday haha

... next on my wishlist  is Glasshouse, either Vanilla Noir or Tahaa. Or both ;)

... probably the only ones so far I have bought and rebought are the Sugar Baby ones, or my faves from the Warehouse Aura range (Passionfruit, Hawaiian Surf, Sparkling Peony, Vanilla, and a few others).  The Sugarbaby ones were on crazy special at the pharmacy near my doctors; haven't seen them in a while though.  The Aura ones are between $2 (votive) and $15 ish (big glass jar) and they are pretty awesome for that price, although not soy, so if you prefer the soy ones then they might not be for you

...one offs that have been amazing include a Living Light one I got in a tealight size to try and was a blackcurrant scent; really need to look that out again - and the Maraca one from the BR vault last year, which was freaking divine.

Rezee
1964 posts
I currently have a ecoya midnight orchid one burning. It's a mini and I only have this burn and maybe one more to use it up. I like it, I might buy it in the future (this one was a gift).
I got to trial the candle crush lemon cheesecake which i'm wanting to get back into again. It smells so good. I want to try more from this brand too.
I used to have a glasshouse coconut and lime candle which sadly my children broke. I'd love to buy another one, one day.
MareeB
5241 posts
I usually only buy cheap candles, so I'm looking forward to trying the one in the BBBE. I'd love to try some of the Ecoya candles.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I got the Ecoya mini metro set after saving my airpoints for what seemed like forever. They've been a real disappointment to me as after the first burn they just aren't that strong. Same with the Eyoa diffuser I got from a friend. I think I will give Ecoya one more go and get a full size  one with my flybuys but I'm glad I haven't paid for these myself. Next candle I will try is the one from the NZ brands BBBE. I'm with you Trudi. I think I prefer the super cheap candles from Kmart but they're not soy either. 

trudijoy
8375 posts
soozie the Ecoya ones always smell amazing in the jar and pretty good on the first burn but then.... disappoint me. Except for the caramelised fig one. I only bought this Palm Leaf & Tiare Flower one because I got it for $11 lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
also I nearly bought candles at kmart today but walked away ;)
Macs
5351 posts
Ive been buying Airwick and Glade candles. Their affordable for me. I have requested them to be on this site. I really enjoy them. Fingers crossed.

I have Ecoya Tiare flower and Palm leaf half burnt because it didn't impress me. Quite disapointed with it. 

My wish list is Candle Crave and Candle Crush. Hope to try these out. Fell inlove with Purple Orchid . Need more of them. 
MareeB
5241 posts
Oh, scrap Ecoya then. Next time I'm in Dunedin I'll look in Kmart. Are they just their own brand or is there a brand I should look for?
MareeB
5241 posts
I like Airwick and Glade ones too Macs. I like that you can get them from the supermarket. The Warehouse sometimes has nice ones - things come and go from there though.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I love the ones you can get from the supermarkets! They are the ones u buy on the regular. I love the Aura range from the warehouse as well Trudi, cheap with a great burning fragrance. Their diffusers are lovely as well. I have a couple around the house.
My favorite is my Glasshouse one, I only light it on a night of relaxation and pampering. I have my one from the BBBE in my bathroom for when I have a bath. I was sent a sample of the exact fragrance and I love it.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I think the ones in the BBBE were the same as the ones in the Beautiful Christmas advent, yeah? The wee Living Light ones in the tins? I got Revive and it was meh. I was coveting my Mums Pohutukawa one and will like end up buying one
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I've got an Aura one burning at the moment, plus a stash in my cupboard of various brands, including several Aromatherapy Co ones. I'm most looking forward to a Peppermint Grove trio that's got a divine lemongrass one.
MareeB
5241 posts
I looked up Living light after that - they have some gorgeous candles.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I love candle crush and purple orchid. Then I was introduced to scentsy and that's where my addiction is now! I find its way more safer when you have fur babies around. I leave mine on 24 7 and feel safe as knowing they won't burn the house down.
(No I don't sell it!)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Maree I think everything in Kmart is their own brand these days. Some of the scents are nice and some are not. Personally I like the fig and papaya one. 
MareeB
5241 posts
I haven't been in Kmart for a few years, so I'll be keen to have a good look!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Oh my, are you in for a treat Maree!
MareeB
5241 posts
I might need to take a lot of money then soozie! they sell lots of beauty products don't they? I seem to remember lots of stands near the checkouts? It's a shame Timaru don't have a Kmart, I go there more often than Dunedin. At least they have Number 1 Shoe Warehouse and a big Farmers though. And Savemart.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Currently burning Aroma Addiction - I have 3, Tahitian Vanilla, Sweet Pea and Vanilla and Papaya Punch. They were having a sale and I bought them for $10 each - and I would definitely repurchase. Just as good as the melts!!

I don't really have a 'next to burn' list cos I burn different things all the time, but I am going to burn a cinnamon and orange one - a local florist pours them herself and they're alright. Not a huge throw of smell from them but they look nice and burn really good. 

Wishlist, hnnng Peter Alexander? I would try Ecoya but if they're not good I won't bother lol ;-) along with all the NZ brands that do candles that I've heard good things about! Living Light, Candle Crave etc. My brain is having a dumb and I can't think of any other brands lol

I don't buy things again usually but I'd buy the AA ones again, they're nice! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
shaz the PA ones are the Glasshouse ones and I'm super excited about burning the one I have <3 the signature PA scent is the Glasshouse Tahaa candle.

Maree KMart is amazing. It used to be so scody but now it's a treasure trove of cute little homewares, cheap but cute clothes, really super cheap makeup and body products (that you have to use trial and error with but at that price you can afford to) and loads of other goodies. I try and pop in at least once a month, and always go there when I'm starting the present shopping missions. I got my Mum's wine glasses there and they are awesome
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ahhh yeah thought it was, eh you knew what I meant ;-) all this talk of kmart makes me cry on the inside I never get to go :'( 
trudijoy
8375 posts
awww poor Shaz.

I feel like KMart now is kinda like DEKA was in the 90's. I used to *love* DEKA when I was in uni. Got all sorts of epic stuff there. I remember a clubbing top I got which was actually from the lingerie section, but was black satin embroidered with gold dragons, and it was like $6
Macs
5351 posts
Maree they might be cheap but man they give off a good scent. I am subscribed to Glasshouse wishing one day I'll get one. Must try that Aroma addiction too I read reviews look good.
MissQT
1547 posts
hmmm the ecoya palm leaf and tiare is next in my burn list. Might have to burn hat one quickly judging by these comments. I currently have ecoya French pear and aroma therapy co. Paradise which I am loving. I also have a glasshouse one to try, and the living light one from the BBBE. I'd like to try purple orchid.
trudijoy
8375 posts
loads of people love the Ecoya ones (hehe 'ecosystem') and they're a more subtle scent so maybe that's why; i just like more noticeable scents - Lush is my happy place etc haha
Rezee
1964 posts
The ecoya midnight orchid is really strong (thanks Macs by the way!!). It scented all down my hallway last night and I only had it going a couple of hours. I had a look at the candle crave website this morning, they have one called grape juice! I'm thinking about buying some of the melts so I can try a few out for cheaper first.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I have a lot of candles I've got as gifts which I'm working my way though. I'm burning a vanilla one at the moment and have a caramel one up next. One I'd like to try is candle crush.
Macs
5351 posts
I'm glad you enjoyed your candle.Thats a good idea trying melts before hand. I wonder if Candle crush still had their melts. I hope their not discontinued. Damn just checked nothing there.
I love candles, I think I'm addicted to them.  I mostly buy from the warehouse because of the massive variety they always have but I'm currently burning candles that I found on special at the chemists last month.  They're Champagne candles by Our Eutopia and come in glass containers with bronze coloured metal lids.  I find they're quite stylish looking and I bought 4 of these so I could have the champagne fragrance in my home longer.

I'm curious about the candles at the Body Shop but still not sure about spending more than $15 for a candle.
Koni
444 posts
1. Just finished burning Purple Orchid Soy candle: Mango Cilantro - I'd absolutely repurchase any of their candles. 

2. Next up is Vixen and Co: Coconut Lime from the Auckland Indie markets (last Nov). 

3. To buy next is the Ecoya: Cherry Blossom & Tuberose (Limited Edition) 

4. I'm sold out for Purple Orchid Soy candles.  I order from their website, they're based in Christchurch - $26 large and $16 medium. 

5. Would love to repurchase Ecoya: Sweet Fruits & Pink Champagne and Fresh Pine Needles.  They're limited edition / seasonal so I have to wait till Christmas and that's if I can get them before they're sold out.

Trudi I held my hand to my heart when you mentioned DEKA buahaha oh the memories.
Rezee
1964 posts
I didn't realise Purple Orchid was so cheap! I want Monkey farts and the coconut and lime ones. I spent sooooo much over the weekend though, I don't think I can justify it this week but next week, well I'm sure I can think of some reason!
kirstyj
1732 posts
I think the last candle I used up was the Ecoya Tiare and something something one. Wasn't that impressed. For the price I expected it to have at least some scent kick off but it didn't at all.

Since then I have purchased a Scentsy burner and have been using that non stop. At the moment I have lavender in it which is lovely and calming.

I still have so many candles to use up though! Some have made it into my RAOK pile which I'll have to get onto at some stage.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Wow i didnt realise purple orchid was that cheap either.

Koni i would love a DEKA resurgence
MissQT
1547 posts
Whoops didn't notice that typo lol! Just fixed it now :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
resurrecting this because candle chat is always good times!

I'm currently flicking between Scentsy melts in Piedmont (thanks mumof3munchkins!) and my Glasshouse Rio de Janeiro candle. Next in line is a Trio Soy Candles candle in Pohutukawa, plus I have loads of Scentsy melt samples to work through <3

I also discovered Jo & Co candles in Waihi Beach recently and the Black Raspberry candle, packaged in a vintage glass, was amazing.  I'd def make a detour to buy more <3

Macs
5351 posts
At the moment Im burning Cashmere Woods by Glade. My next one is Hawaiian Breeze because my partner favours it. My wish list candles since forever is Candle Crush , Surmanti and Scentsy. I must buy Purple orchid because its really good and affordable.  Hopefully in the near future I can try them. 
Ringy
825 posts
I love that Hawaiian breeze scent! I usually get the wall plug ins or the spray, never tried the candle. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I have packed away all my candles but not my melts >:D I currently have Satin Sheets (Scentsy) going. It's so niiiiiice. Would definitely buy a block of it :P 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!