Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

can i whinge for a sec...?

25 posts, 13 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
...about being sick, feeling better enough to go to work, getting to work, realising you're still very ill and having to go home again.

So bored! Complexion so icky! Dizzy spinny yucky feeling! Argh day 9 & counting :(

Hopefully my BRBB arrives today to cheer me up :) otherwise I am online shopping coz its payday
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Wow, love the new photo, you really do have beautiful big eyes :)

Hope you're feeling better real soon, I think you're fully entitled to moan lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
Aww thanks 2x...once for understanding and once for the lovely compliment xx
chikoboo
3402 posts
Its a horrible virus going around, I have been sick for nearly 3 weeks now, had to have 4 days off work as I completely lost my voice even now I have a slight cough and find it hard to talk, albeit in a gruff man tone, although some have said with the English accent it sounds sexy mwahahaha I sure as hell don't feel it.  Luckly though day number 13 is letting me feel almost up to 80% myself now.
trudijoy
8375 posts
chikoboo I'm immuno suppressed anyway (damn thyroid) and a term of burning the candle at both ends and through the middle as well caught up with me, i guess.

I had a viral stomach flu last week and now have strep throat - I'm only really now beginning to eat solids, so dropped weight as well, and I'm on *all* the drugs :S

I don't think I ever had a shot at beating this fast and from what I hear your durations are spoit on for everyone else getting sick.  This is my 5th day off in 2 weeks and realistically I'll need tomorrow as well - that' s a LOT in my job :S

glad you're finally feeling better :)  there's hope yet!
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Awww Trudi I'm sorry you're still sick babe :c COME ON COURIER MAN, BRING TRUDI HER BOX
trudijoy
8375 posts
WMUA every time I hear a van door slide i get my hopes up haha.

It was re-sent Sat, Nat tells me, so I'm hoping like mad it's delivered today.  Come on, lil courier man, please.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Speaking of online shopping tonight I get paid so I'm doing a few orders "for my channel" hehehe 
trudijoy
8375 posts
see, once i get my BRBB I can finally check your channel out haha!

so far 5/11 products have been spoiled, so at least there are still surprises coming :)
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Ooooh of course I forgot you won't have been able to watch it! Even more exciting!
RC
162 posts
Sending you both wellness thoughts, trudijoy and chickboo!! We're all allowed a whinge every now and then, and for two relentless postive and lovely people such as yourselves, you've earned yourself a few "Get Out of Jail Free/Whinge" cards xxx
trudijoy
8375 posts
@ RC - thanks babe.  I have been accused in my life of being really negative and attention seeking/drama queeny (when in fact I'm just open and don't sugar coat things if they're going badly for me! Yet do sugar coat for others, interesting lol) so that means a lot x
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
gosh yes some really horrid bugs going around, hard when you just need to snuggle up and heal but work calls:( and time off gets hard.
feel better soon xx

trudijoy
8375 posts
Fi I'm  thanking all deities for two things atm:

1) that my new sick leave allocation rolled in in Jan so I'm okay and 2) that from Thurs 3pm on I'm off work anyway for 17 days
Sounds like a few BR beauties have been knocked for a 6  :-(  I hope you all feel better really soon and that friends/family are lending hand.

Trudi has your BRBB arrived yet?  You have to do an unboxing  :-)

Big hugs everyone. xoxo
trudijoy
8375 posts
Nope Whittakers-Lover, but I've been in contact with nat a few times and they're keeping an eye on it and hoping it gets here tomorrow.

An unboxing?  Trust me, you guys do NOT want to see my face at the moment lol.  Maybe a Sia style one where you only see the back of my head lol
Ngahew
152 posts
I hope that you are starting to feel better Trudijoy xx (why dont my hyperlinks work?
:(  )
Jesse
745 posts
I work in an operating theatre so I'm not supposed to go to work if at all sick since of all the immuno-compromised patients :( I've used two this week with getting a tooth out , and thus have ONE SICK DAY to last me until they roll over in August. I have the slackest immune system ever and am not looking forward to the winter colds and flus coming around! All I can say is bless paracetamol, ibuprofen and codeine hehe.
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I was sick last weekend and very thankful I didn't have to take any sick days off. I'm not looking forward to winter as the house I'm renting is quite damp and my landlord is absolutely horrid at doing anything about it as she takes months too actually do anything. But in saying that it could be worse and I have stolen dad's dehumidifier because he doesn't use it anymore as my brother doesn't sleep in the coldest room
Julieal
915 posts
Hope you are all starting to get better -really tough when you have to take time off because of where you work ie hospital and I feel you should have a longer sickness allowance because of this as obviously you do not want to pass virus's on in a hospital however you are more likely to catch a virus in that environment too.XX
trudijoy
8375 posts
Thanks everyone. Ended up having to take 7 days off over two weeks...man I was sick :s looks like its left the building. Recovery mode now; sleeping and finishing off the drugs
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Jessei used to work in ECE, and bugs going around basically all year, my immune system got a hammering. I have now learnt prevention is the best medicine, and whenever i get a slight sniffle or feel a bit under weather i take my vitimin c, echinachea and cold tablets aswell as strepsils which seem to kill all the bugs in my throat before they turn into a cold
trudijoy
8375 posts
Btw Jesse I have almost zero natural immune system and an intense job but Immunofort help me soooo much.
Jesse
745 posts
Yeah I really should take vitamins! I did in my first year at uni but have slacked since then, tsk tsk.
Cesy
162 posts
I feel ya Trudi, since I cleaned up my diet my colds have all but disappeared, but 10 days in Aussie, eating all the fun but forbidden things has meant I have come down with the mother of all colds. I still have the rest of the week off, which I now need to recover from this damn cold! I'm coughing and spluttering everywhere. 

Ah well, will just have to spend tomorrow and Wednesday playing with my new pretties. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!