Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Calling all K-Beauty Users

20 posts, 9 members
Imoshen
461 posts
My skin has had a rebellion.  Something I've been using has been causing some serious skin irritation so in order to sort it out I have started looking into K-beauty products (I recently purchased the Heimish All Clean Balm and Pyunkung Yul (I just love how this is pronounced!) Mist Toner from Hikoco (what a great shop!).  

I'm loving these two products that I picked up (plus the Stratia Liquid Gold which comes from the US, this stuff is amazing!).  No reaction at all, no added fragrances, just nice, simple skincare that's a joy to use.

Last night I tried a sample of the Pyunkung Yul ATO Cleanser and fell in love with it so looking at where to get it from, it's quite hard.

Every website I have looked at that sells Korean items (yesstyle, roserose, stylekorean, wishtrend etc etc) carries some brands, not all and even then only some of the products, not the full line.  I really want to have one website where I can get everything on my list from but I might just have to live with the fact that I can't.

So, all you K-beauty users, what are your favourite products and where do you get them from?
tannygirl
3392 posts
      I have really been into gel toners of late. The Asian ones last for a really long time are cheaper than most NZ toners and you get alot more product. I just finished the Benton Aloe one and I've been using it twice a day for months plus I decanted some into a travelsized bottle to give to my brother. I'm going to try the Hada Labo hydrating lotion next and see how that one works.

I've also used and repurchased at least three times the Benton Aloe Gel. There are many aloe gels but I like this one because it's in a tube, plus it has propolis. I have used this in DIY face masks, patting this around my nose when I get hayfever, after peels when my skin is sensitive or just adding an extra layer of soothing, hydration. 

I also have been using Klairs black oil cleanser and it does remove makeup very well, rinses off clean and doesn't irritate my eyes. So if you're looking for that I would recommend it. However, I should point out that the Palmer's Cleansing oil is close to half the price and contains more product and does about as good job.

I do have other K-beauty skincare products but I'm using what I have before I open more. I also liked the Tony Moly Tomatox mask. 
Imoshen
461 posts
Where are you buying your Hada Labo stuff from?  I looked and looked but can't seem to find a decent source for it.  Also, I'm quite dubious buying it from places like Amazon.

I have found that the Heimish All Clean Balm gets everything out too plus it leaves my skin nice and soft afterwards without feeling either dry or oily (and so far, no breakouts!). 

The Balm texture is a really interesting way to wash your face and the hardest part is to not scoop out too much :).
EliseMM
120 posts
I have been scared to use K-beauty because I see all the pretty colorful packaging and just assume it is full of perfumes and colourants. This feedback is super helpful though. 
Julieal
915 posts
I have been into face masks lately and a beautilicious bee venom one is really lovely
Imoshen
461 posts
EliseMM - I was skeptical too as some of them seemed to contain ingredients I was trying to avoid but not every line is the same and there are some truly great products there to look into.

If you want to get involved, check out Skincare Addiction on reddit and through there is a sub called Asian Beauty.

My Atoclassic Soothing Essence arrived yesterday so as soon as I got home, I slapped that baby on and felt instant relief from whatever has been driving my skin crazy.  I think I have figured out what has been causing it too.
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Imoshen, I got mine from Yesstyle last year when they had the Black Friday sales.
Imoshen
461 posts
Oh I thought I had looked there but maybe I didn't ...

Did you get the Goku-Jyun range?  I think that is the one that Dr Dray (have you watched any of her videos?  she can be highly entertaining.  Watch her review on Bio-Oil) raved about in her vlog.
tannygirl
3392 posts
  No I don't think I've heard of or tried that range. The main K-brands that I've tried or have a few products from are Klairs, Tony Moly, Benton and then for sheet masks I've tried a few from Leader Mediu and Leaders Stepsolution, Tosowoong, Tony Moly and a few other brands. 

I don't recommend Leaders Mediu for sheet masks as the solution is quite thick and a bit sticky, not the worst I've come across but still not too comfortable and they are pricey too. Leaders Stepsolution the box I have is quite nice, I have the Mela-tox ones.  
MareeB
5239 posts
I've never heard of it, is it Korean?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Hado Labo is Japanese. It's super cheap over there so I'm might pick some up to try when I'm there next month. I wish I'd known about all these great products when I lived there. I used to love looking at all the stuff in the drugstores but had no clue what most of it was. 

I've bought a couple of K Beauty items off iherb.  I'm actually still using up stuff from my crazy haul when I went to Korea two and a half years ago! 
Imoshen
461 posts
Goku-Jyun is Hada Labo but they also seem to have another range under the Hada Labo name called Shiro-Jyun.  Not sure on the difference between them.

Soozie, watch this vid from Dr Dray.  I might help you decide what to pick up.

SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I bought a few Hado Labo items in Japan (see photo wall) and I'm now wondering why I didn't use it when I lived there! It's great! I even used the face lotion as a body lotion when I ran out and two small blobs did my entire body and left it feeling really soft. 
Imoshen
461 posts
It seems my skin doesn't like Hyaluronic Acid *cry*.

I have been using CeraVe though and looooooooooooooove that so much.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Oh that's unusual Imoshen as our bodies already contain hylauronic acid. How does your skin react to it? 
Imoshen
461 posts
Oh body is fine with it but the skin does not like it in potions and lotions.   I'll try again when my skin has settled down but I'm pretty sure I'll have the same reaction. 

SmileyPisces
253 posts
Wow.. Thanks for Sharing! Got lots more added to my to-try list now =D
thirtywinks
60 posts
I just recently started going into K-Beauty skincare too. Before that, I'd been using more western products (Paula's Choice, DE, The Ordinary, etc.) but I just seem to jump from one skin issue to another and my skin never fully heals. The ones from The Ordinary seem to be most effective out of the lot but it's not exactly what I'm looking for. I've heard great things about the Heimish All Clean Balm so I recently purchased that together with the Klairs Soft Airy UV Essence. I'm just about to transition to a new regimen and I'm excited! 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I love K-Beauty products as they just seem to work so well with my skin. I love Tony Moly and I have about 3 Holika Holika BB Creams as I dont tend to wear foundation as it's so heavy on my skin.

I loved it when Meme Box was around, loved those boxes so much. Miss getting them although my wallet is not lol.

I used to use Paula's Choice products and loved them but they stopped selling them so had to find an alternative. Ever since then I've flitted from skincare to skincare, always searching for that miracle product lol. Really keen to try The Ordinary due to all the great reviews.

At the moment I'm using Natural Instinct Cleansing Gel, Mario Badescu as my toner and Antipodes Chia and Kiwifruit Oil which I'm in love with. 

I've got so many products to get through ha ha ha.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    Heimish All Clean Balm is a fave I've gone through at least three tubs of it. Dear Klairs, Unscented Supple Preparation Toner is another staple along with Hada Labo Premium Emulsion. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!