Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

brushes, brushes, brushes...

26 posts, 8 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
i was 100% happy with my Bossy brushes but they've started to fall apart a bit so i may well be back on the market.  I'm thinking maybe Real Techniques Eye Starter set and a foundation, powder, and blush brush - i already have the setting brush and love it.

Where's the cheapest place to buy these (non fake :) ) - and what else is worth a look that's similar in quality?
tannygirl
3392 posts
I think iherb is the best place for Real Techniques and I think they're a geniune retailer. If you look at Farmers and Pharmacies the prices are like double there. I am not crazy about the pointed foundation brush in the Core Collection ( I think that's the one you are looking at) but all the other brushes in there are fantastic especially the buffing brush.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Oh and if you're looking for a foundation brush I highly recommend the Expert Face if you're going for a smooth even all over but not thick coverage. The Flawless Foundation (flat foundation brush), is value for money if you're after a flat foundation brush. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I would've thought iherb is the cheapest place and definitely a genuine retailer. I've been buying off them for a few years now and get most of my supplements from there. Shipping is reasonable and super quick. I get things quicker from iherb which is based in the States than from companies in NZ. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
more the stippling brush tannygirl.

Yeah iherb looks cheap and has 20% extra off today so yay!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Only one problem with iherb....you can lose hours of your life on that website lol. They even do Korean beauty products now. I have ordered on a Friday night before and received my order on a Monday afternoon! 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Wow that's quick. Artiste also has some really good brushes.
MissQT
1547 posts
I love iherb, the shipping is more expensive now than it used to be so its good to do a large order all at once. I'm a massive fan of real technique too and I purchased mine off iherb. I have the eye and face sets, the powder brush and stippling and the stippling is my favourite! I didn't know they stocked Korean products either!
trudijoy
8375 posts
current cart:

multitask set
your eyes enhanced set
blush brush
stippling brush
eyes starter set.

$72.08 delivered

thoughts?

the eye sets are kinda similar but there are two brushed from the enhanced set i want and i figure that makes it worth it. Also not sure if i need the blush brush if there's a multipurpose blush etc brush in the multitask set
trudijoy
8375 posts
thats with the cheapest shipping option, is the DHL the best? it's only another $6 or so
Macs
5351 posts
Last year I got mine in a bulk order from Beauty.com. I see walgreens has shut that down. Never shopped from Iherb. I need new brushes. Especially highlighting and contour brushes and one really good blending brush still. I'll look for some next year.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yes, worth paying the extra for DHL. The cheapest option can take two to three weeks or even more (especially at this time of year) and can't be tracked. I did have one parcel that never turned up using the cheapest shipping. I think someone helped themselves to it off my doorstep as you don't have to sign for that either. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
i hit purchase on the whole cart. Realised that the whole lot delivered was less than half price, so just did it hehe. Merry Xmas to me.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Oh yes the stippling brush is another one of my most used brushes by Real Techniques. I do want to get more of their brush sets but just need to get a few other more urgent needs and limited edition wants first and presents for my parents but I really like that little set of eye brushes. I have really small eyes and they are perfect they fit my eyes perfectly. And I want a few other sets as well. 
Rezee
1964 posts
RT brushes are something I use pretty much everyday so I think you did some good shopping. I've been into sigma brushes lately too, obviously more expensive but I'm in love with how they blend. The e35 is the best blending brush ever. I've bought a couple on makeup.co.nz when they are in clearance but most I've bought have been on look fantastic. They do free shipping and they have discount codes too.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i just bought 14 in one go so i'll see how i go with those first haha x

I still have a few other brushes i LOVE from Sephora, e.l.f. and essence, plus i might keep a couple of the Bossy ones. I'll probably let mum sift through once i clean them and see if she wants some.
Macs
5351 posts
I'll try and remember that Sigma brush Reeze. I'm not happy with my RT blending brush. Was gravitating towards Mac and morphe with the hope of a good blending brush.
MissQT
1547 posts
you won't regret it Trudi, these brushes are so soft and mine haven't shed at all and I've had them for about 2-3 years (I use the stipple and powder brush almost everyday). The multi task set sounds good. I want to try sigma brushes next.
trudijoy
8375 posts
woohoo just got the message they're being delivered on Monday!
MissQT
1547 posts
I love how their shipping is super fast! So worth it for the extra DHL option.
kirstyj
1732 posts
You won't regret getting Real Techniques brushes. They're just awesome. I have some I use everyday and they've lasted longer than even some of my more expensive brushes.
trudijoy
8375 posts
So excited! They're signature on delivery and I don't plan on being home much on Monday so it might end up being Tuesday yet though agh
trudijoy
8375 posts
They arrived!! Sunday delivery, whoah!
kirstyj
1732 posts
Can't wait to hear what you think Trudi!
trudijoy
8375 posts
so far so good, they feel SO amazing on my face! pic of the first face on the wall haha x
MissQT
1547 posts
Yay glad you like them!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!