Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

BRs household cleaning tip!

18 posts, 15 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
i was a bit confused the other day when a household cleaning tip popped up on FB from BR..... but I had the ingredients so I tried it and.... they were right.

white vinegar plus dishwashing liquid in a dish wand does make the shower door super easy to clean!

Thanks BR :)
Ringy
825 posts
I saw this too - and then when I went to the supermarket they didn't have any! Have to remember to go to a different one this week and see if they have one. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
i had the white vinegar and dish liquid but no dishwand; went to three diff supermarkets then found one at Countdown.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I saw this! I want more of these handy tips! I don't have a shower door - got a shower though :-P - wonder if it would still work? Much less toxic than Exit Mould as well!

As for the brush I do have one, but it's seen some things. It was my fish tank cleaner and now it cleans the cat bowls lmfao 
First Lady
957 posts
We had a cross over with Good Housekeeping ;)

I hate soap marks, hate them, hate them!  I've tried all kinds of products, deep cleansers, daily sprays.  I've scrubbed with nail brushes, scourers.  Nothing worked, then I discovered this and I was like whaaaaaaaat, and had to share.

xox
trudijoy
8375 posts
Keep them coming Nat!!! Especially a tip for drying cotton sheets without them getting all wrinkly-crinkly argh haha
MissQT
1547 posts
I haven't tried this. But baking soda and vinegar is a good cleaning combo. It's good at clearing and unblocking drains. You use equal quantities (I use half a cup each), tip the baking soda down first then slowly tip he vinegar down.  
Great tip!!  I am moving in to my new house on Friday so will be giving my old place a thorough clean.  Thanks gals  :-)
Macs
5351 posts
I have no bath now ;( No more Lush baths .But I do have a glass door shower. I will be trying this concoction.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I might just do the whole shower and not just the door for this trick.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Totally trying this! I hate nasty chemical cleaners so sounds great
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
We were using white vinegar mixed with water in a spray bottle for some of our house cleaning but I find it makes me queasy :( I also use baking soda instead of a few of the chemical products.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Yay so glad to read this thread! I was a bit skeptical but I'm definitely going to give this a go now.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I live in one of these non-insulated, older houses that has a bathroom on the wrong side of the house. That means that the bathroom is will grow mould easily, not just on the wet surfaces but the ceiling too. Scrubbing the entire ceiling is time consuming and straining for my back, neck and shoulder. But I discovered a method that keeps things more manageable. I scrub the ceilings and areas with mould and wipe them down and follow with plain white vinegar on those surfaces. Since doing that the mold hasn't spread all over the bathroom as quickly and I don't need to clean it as often.
Kimrose
1419 posts
Great tip! I love things like this. A lot of the cleaning products we purchase contain a lot of water and really are not very effective.
-Bex-
611 posts
I soo need to try this. I usually bleach the bathroom but the fumes drive me nuts. I found a magic potion for cleaning hard water marks off the shower door...
1 cup Epsom salts
1/2 cup baking soda
1/4 cup dishwashing liquid. 

2.25L bottle of coke into the toilet overnight, scrub in the morning and voila. 

Anything stainless steel dishwasher/fridge/freezer polish with a tiny drop of olive oil on a paper towel makes it look shiny and keeps the fingerprints away.

gosh I could keep going  

Macs
5351 posts
Oh bex I must try those cleaning tips.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I use baking soda & vinegar to clean my top loader washing machine:  fill washing machine with hot water, add 4 cups white vinegar and agitate then add ½ cup baking soda and agitate. Pause machine for 30 mins. While machine is paused, use a cloth dipped in water in the machine to clean lid, buttons and drawers, use an old toothbrush to scrub stubborn bits. Let machine run, drain and rinse.

I also use baking soda and vinegar to clean the fridge, drains and the insinkerator (it gets rid of funky smells as well as unblocking drains). For drains I use ½ cup baking soda poured into drain, followed by one cup white vinegar, cover drain with a damp cloth and leave for 10 mins. Rinse drain with boiling water. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!