Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

BR Lipstick Challenge Complete

22 posts, 11 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
46 lipsticks (plus about 15 that either got filed in the round receptacle (ie thrown away) or are waiting for someone to love them that I didn't swatch; stuck to ones I wear or have worn or would wear) and I'm done!  This challenge went all around Auckland, up to Warkworth, down to Dunedin, Martinborough and Wellington (twice!) with me (plus a stopover in Christchurch) and nearly managed to make it to Sydney as well!  It went to weddings, work, presentations, shopping and even made it through a  few days of me being really sick with a cold.  Pics have been taken in so many different hotels and things that it's not even funny.  Lighting is definitely inconsistent - and thank god for the beauty plus app!

I've learned:

- i suit loads more than I thought i did
- you can actually wear lipstick every day if you're so inclined
- taking selfies that show off your lips is hard
- my lips are weirdly shaped
- i do NOT need to buy lipstick for a long time
- contrary to 18-month-ago- me's adamant belief, I can actually wear lipstick and an eye look at the same time without it being too much

I'm done! YAY
Koni
444 posts
Congratulations Trudi!!! I really enjoyed seeing the next lip colour and now reading how far the lippies traveled within that time!!! Even though you don't need to buy more lippies what's next on your list ;-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Without a doubt 3 of the KVD liquids haha
kirstyj
1732 posts
Congrats Trudijoy! What an accomplishment. I'm really impressed you managed to get through them all.

What shades of KVD are you after Trudi? Our wishlists are so similar :P

Hey Head Pixie how are you going with your lipstick challenge?
Head Pixie
569 posts
Trudi, congratulations! I'm in awe of your stickability!! 

I'm still going - actually there's a selfie on my phone I need to post. I'm down to the colours that I don't usually wear (or plain out don't like)... poor Queenie is going to see some sights in the office this week!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I think there's really only me, lilmnky and pixie even doing it hard core on here but still! I'm terrible in that once a challenge is underway i'll move heaven and earth to make it successful.

Kirsty I want all the colours, haha. Mostly Bauhau5 (I have it in studded kiss but want it in liquid SO MUCH), Excorcism, Melancholia, Lovesick, potentially Ayesha and Armageddon.... see, I want them all :p I will be swatching the heck out of them next week!
trudijoy
8375 posts
and thanks, Koni, Kirsty and Kellie!!

I was hoping to find a few more to get rid of but you guys are all too nice and I got compliments on every single one, so couldn't do it!
2lilmnkys
106 posts
Well done Trudi. It was wonderful to see all the colors you had. I have got a few written down on my list for my next lipstick shopping. But Iam getting a bit tired of taking selfies everyday...haha. it will be harder now that you have finished. Good thing Pixie will be keeping me company. I have still a long way to go.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Which caught your eye lilmnky? Some of your MAC and Kmart shades in particular screamed buy me but I'm resisting ;) . I know what you mean, the selfies got annoying haha
First Lady
957 posts
I posted 3 days...I am terrible, it's just because I'm usually tied to my laptop through the day, so I take a selfie on my phone, then don't look at my phone until the end of the day!

I've just squizzed through my phone, I have 7 lipstick selfies (so I made it to 10/60-odd!), a before and after of my redness reducing primer, way too many of my at-home restyle.

1lilmnky I am LOVING your shots, so please keep going!!

xox
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Congratulations Trudi! I have three more of my 20 to go but I just purchased a new lippy today and have another 9 in the shannxo palette to go. So my collection has grown before I've completed lol

It's been amazing to see your photos Trudi, you have a great range and suit alot of them! :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Thanks Amy, loving yours too! So weird to think that until Jan last year I didn't wear lipstick!
2lilmnkys
106 posts
Most of your Australis Velourlips, some Jordanas and definitely going to try some KVD. I havent tried them before.

Thanks for the encouragement Nat! I will try my best!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Ooh pick up the velourlips minis kits; saw them today at Farmers. $19.90 for 5 and there are a couple of options (I'd go brights). KVD is pretty much perfect <3
2lilmnkys
106 posts
Thats such a good deal that it will be hard not to get them. Plus I love minis as they are easier to pan. And I prefer brights. Thanks
trudijoy
8375 posts
I have 4/5 of the brights or I'd have been handing over my card, esp as farmers have long weekend sales on! Ah well good practice for duty free/Aussie next week :s
Macs
5351 posts
Congrats to you for completing it. Im probably not going to do a full cycle but will do up to ten. Since someone twisted my arm ;)
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Well done, you guys have done really well.
Kimrose
1415 posts
Trudi, I have loved seeing all of your looks and colours. You have been an inspiration!  I am really annoyed at myself for not taking up the challenge. Well done you!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I don't think there are set dates Kim, just get started if you're keen! :)

thanks. it seems like a little thing, just wearing a different lipstick every day, but it really helped me to clarify a couple of things, somehow!
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Awesome work Trudi. Good job destashing some too!
Kimrose
1415 posts
I will give this challenge a go! I have many lippys so there will be many, many selfies!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!