Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

9 posts, 8 members
Chaotic82
522 posts
Just curious what site you reccommend to blog with.  Considering playing around with one at some stage :)
(Link me up to yours for a nosey if you want!)
chikoboo
3402 posts
Be keen to know too, used to blog about 2 - 3 years ago and as its all male at my house I tend to have alot of chitter chatter to get out (thank the lawd for BR forums & facebook lol) so I have thought about setting up a blog again. 

Chaotic82
522 posts
LOL! All male here too. Hubby and three boys *sighs*

kayxcake
422 posts
I blog using Blogspot, I think it's like the easiest one to customize your page etc and also the website is simple. unlike other sites, takes me longer to figure what to do etc.. 
BeautyCutie
130 posts
I use Tumblr! It's really fun and easy, and super customisable depending on what theme you use
lapereau
46 posts
I use Blogspot. There's plenty of tutorials out there to help you along with getting a snazzy layout. If you want to add a more professional touch to it, it's also really easy to buy a domain name and redirect it to your Blogspot (in fact, Go Daddy have their own little page to do this with just a couple of clicks!) There's even websites out there that provide layouts other than the default ones Blogspot provides.

I also have a Tumblr but I use that mostly for photos/linking to posts rather than blogging on because I find using other platforms easier to keep track of posts and comments etc

Wordpress is also very good but if you want a free one hosted by them, you are very limited to customising the layout unless you pay for one which starts at $99 USD a year. If you wanted to go with WP, I'd recommend purchasing your own hosting and domain name as it would work out MUCH MUCH cheaper though you need to know your way around PHP coding and even after ten years of lightly working with webdesign off and on I still have issues with it, every single time I end up saying "bugger it!" and cancelling my hosting and going back to Blogspot. Again, just a quick google search will bring up premade WordPress themes from talented webdesigners :)

(Whoops! I let my inner geek rant a little bit, but hopefully this will be of some help to someone)
bex_mcd
46 posts
I use Wordpress for my blog but am self hosted (through bluehost) which has a monthly cost as well as the cost for the domain name, not sure exactly how much but its not much. I have no prior web design experience but through online tutorials and a paid design theme (only cost $50 and the designer customised it for me) I managed something I am pretty happy with.
www.pocketfullofdreams.com
brushandbullet
395 posts
I've been using Squarespace, which takes care of hosting for you as well. It costs, but students can get 50% off if you are at a registered uni with them (I'm at U of A).  It's angled towards small businesses but most of the templates are set up for blogs as well. You can give it a free trial for two weeks to decide whether it's right for you or not. The designs are really good, leaning towards the minimalistic side of things. 
colleencanary
764 posts
I've been thinking about it for a while starting a makeup - fashion - food blog so this will help alot. If I manage to muster up courage and start one :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!