Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Best Eye Brow kits

24 posts, 21 members
Macs
5351 posts
Im looking at getting me an eye brow kit. Which one is the best to buy?Does anyone know if its waterproof from rain or sweat? Bit worried about it running specially with spring coming soon it will be a bit warmer.
shanellealarna
101 posts
Hi Macs,

A good one to experiment with is the e.l.f brow duo. It's a little kit with a wax, a shadow and a brush. It's really affordable ($10 at Kmart or US$3 on iHerb), so you don't have to spend a lot to try it out.

I haven't had my brows 'sweat' off or run, but some products are softer and more 'smudgy' than others, so they will move more easily.

Hope that was a bit helpful. Have fun! :)

tabykitten
186 posts
I'm also a big fan of the e.l.f brow kit - it has good staying power. My only complaint is the little brush that it comes with sheds quite badly, so get a proper brush and use that to avoid little hairs in the gel bit. 
1139 posts
I used to be a complete eyebrow kit lover, but I've turned into more of a brow pencil girl! As far as brow kits go, the elf one is really good and it's inexpensive. A really good way to make sure your brows stay in place is to use a brow gel and I also find the elf brow gel to be fantastic.
BR-Queenie
261 posts
Hi there

If you look up "brow care" in the product catalogue here there are over 30 brow products including many kits that have been trialed and reviewed.

xox BR
Macs
5351 posts
Hi there ladies. I normally use brow pencils. Im going to look at getting this elf eye brow kit.  Will look that link up now BR xx.
kirstysays
762 posts
Yeah I would recommend the elf one for starting out.  I love it and find it looks really natural compared to others I have tried.  Am waiting for the Anastasia Dip Pomade I purchased to arrive as apparently that's awesome too.
bellavogelx
2 posts
All I use is an Elizabeth Arden eyeshadow and a thin brush.

This way it's not so concentrated, heavy and dark and just adds a bit more fullness and more shape for your eyebrows.

I find that pencils look way too dark and unnatural at the starting point of your eyebrows (in the middle)

I have only heard good things about ELF so I'm planning on trying that soon, but if your just starting and don't want something too drastic, I find my method to be super easy and not so in your face.
I like the ELF one too, and such good value compared to other brands :)
Mila
1209 posts
I'm the same I have only just started experimenting with eyebrow kits recently I was always a pencil user but I found it really hard to find the right one for me so I tried the ELF kit and its been perfect for me.  Great colour, consistency and not expensive at all.
nemesisroxx
506 posts
I can't compare between brands as I have only ever tried one, but IMO, I don't need to try anything else. I loooove the ELF kit. Its soooo cheap and does the job perfectly <3
Bayley
238 posts
If you are worried about smudging or running then I would reccomend picking up a brow gel! They are great for not only setting your brows in place but also making sure that any smudgy product gets set in place. Soo good for hot days.

Personally, I use the E.L.F one as its cheap as chips and does a good job.
george
150 posts
I love my e.l.f brow kit! Best thing I've ever used xx
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
I do really like the e.l.f eyebrow kit, it's such a good price it lasts for ages. Before that I used a eyebrow pencil.
Lutece
1849 posts
I agree with e.l.f eyebrow kit!! But I love benefits brow zings which is very similar its just a darker colour :)
kyliemaree
15 posts
The elf kit is great, but I recently got the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow pomade and it is AMAZING. Better colour match, and best of a Ll soooooo much easier to use. It blends in sooooooooo well, and binds to the hair perfectly. It takes me far less time with that than the elf :)
Kia
550 posts
I think I go with the majority when I recommend ELF. Honestly it's so incredible. And even if you don't like it, or it doesn't suit, you've only lost 3 dollars. 
Shazzaali
45 posts
kyliemaree - where did you get your Anastasia Brow Pomade from and how did you match the colour? I really want to try this!
Jjamieson
3 posts
I like the elf kit also but invest in a better brush cause the little thing that comes with it is terrible :) I only recently started using a spooly and I found that has had a big effect on how well my brows turn out so if you don't already have one I would get one of those along with the elf kit :)
MicheleC
419 posts
kyliemaree ?you make the Anastasia sound really good - tempting!
MicheleC
419 posts
Shazzaali from looking at your picture I would say either Ebony or Chocolate.
Here is a swatch image
Shazzaali
45 posts
Thanks Mishi
itskaz_xo
199 posts
This may sound like a ridiculous question, but are the eyebrow kits good for people with very thick and dark black eyebrows? I would really love to tidy them up and get them looking nice but I wouldn't have a clue where to start.
katedraper
16 posts
I'm totally late on this, but can't recommend Natio Brow Kit enough. Love it! 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!