Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Best Christmas gift (BR or NBR)

29 posts, 16 members
MissQT
1547 posts
i'd love to hear what you all got for Christmas. I was lucky enough to get some sigma brushes (I knew I was getting them but I'm still stoked). :)
Ringy
825 posts
I got a Louis Vuitton Damien Ebene Neverfull MM handbag. I've wanted one for years! 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I got a beautiful ring from my Mum and Dad for Christmas and I love it! Aside from that my new Jamie Oliver cutlery sets have to be a top fave too!!!
Macs
5351 posts
I got Lush and Money for xmas . I spent half on boxing day sale and I have the other half of my money I was gonna use it on a lucky bag but I didn't go through with the transaction. I'm just holding on until I see something.
trudijoy
8375 posts
it was a pretty amazing xmas even though it was small, just the 5 of us really (Mum, brother, sister-in-law, niece and me) and the few friends I always exchange gifts with.

I got:

NBR - a set of towels, a gorgeous necklace, pretty earrings, VS undies, a box of Turkish delight, a bottle of wine, chocolates, a burner and a packet of melts

BR - Body Shop Pinita Colada body butter, 3 other assorted body butters (all smell nice!), Victoria's Secret body mist, lotion, mascara and gel cream, Napoleon Perdis lip gloss and BonBon Vanillary sold perfume, Lush serenity soap, a mango and coconut shower gel and a pouf

One of the best things was that my niece turned 2 on Xmas eve and watching her properly do Xmas for the first time was awesome.... even if Xmas day makeup (current profile pic) is tougher with a toddler underfoot wanting her face done too
shazatron101
5112 posts
I got a bench top compost bin!!!!!! Maybe thats weird to be so excited about... Naaahhhh. 

I also got a mat that says "do epic sh*", a Chelsea Winter cookbook, The Walking Dead s5, an onion saver >:D, calm the f down tea, the BC advent calendar (OMG) and a hand held hedge trimmer, which I'm also pretty stoked about. It's already been used to destroy.... errr... tame... the hedges :D 

I love Christmas :D And I'm loving all the gifts you guys are getting!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oh and just cos I think it's awesome, I bought a 40L tub from the Warehouse, filled it with Woodstock and assorted cider, twinkies, a pair of one strap man sandal... things and a ps4 game for the man. His face was priceless!
MareeB
5241 posts
I got a pot of cream of wild yam (which I wanted) and Kris Jenner's book - which I also wanted :) and lots of gorgeous Bayliss and Harding bath and shower products, and a set with a foot soak, lotion and soft socks!
MissQT
1547 posts
Maree what's wild yam cream? Is that what is called or is that the brand? And Shaz I got a Chelsea winter book too! Did you get scrumptious?
MissQT
1547 posts
Trudi sounds like you were spooky with gifts.

Ringy love the sound of that bag. You'll have to post a pic on the photo wall.

amy the Jamie Oliver cutlery sets sound good. I've seen some of his pots and dishes in store and they look like they're good quality ones. You can eat I'm style now haha.

cant complain about lush Macs. I didn't get any lush this year, I went to the Boxing Day sale but didn't end up getting anything as they didn't have the two products i wanted and i couldn't be bothered with the crowd in the store.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Haha no not Scrumptious - I think its homemade happiness - the man saw the title and went "that sounds like itd be baking... mmmm baking" and thats how he chose haha
MareeB
5241 posts
Wild yam is kind of a natural estrogen substitute. Rumour has it that wrinkling above the lips is due to estrogen declining so I figured it's worth trying the cream on my upper lip to see if it works. When I was young I used it for relieving menstrual-related breast pain and stomach pain and it worked like a charm for those things. Apparently it can help reduce hot flushes as well.
MareeB
5241 posts
I just got given a Yarra Valley giftset (my sister has been in Aussie) - it has a body wash, body lotion, soap and lip balm - all chocolatey looking and smelling - mmmmmm divine! I can't wait to soak in some of it...
Macs
5351 posts
I can relate to the lines Maree on boxing day I was standing in one outside Lush. Got in and it was a major bummer. I couldn't find a park for an hour or so at Sylvia Park Lush it was absolute madness. I'm never going there again on boxing day lol That Yam cream sounds interesting . 
MissQT
1547 posts
sounds interesting Maree. Do you know where you can get it from?

Shaz I don't have that one, but that one has some great recipes. All of her recipes are good though. If you like custard squares there's a good recipe in there.
kirstyj
1732 posts
Loving hearing what others have gotten this year!

BR - I got the new Stella McCartney Pop perfume set. Love it. Seriously there is no Stella perfume that I don't like.

NBR - Also got a heap of Gilmore Girls related stuff including a book by Lauren Graham (who plays Lorelai - side note, love that name), and a big sweatshirt that says "where you lead, I will follow" which is from the theme song.

Bought myself some new workout gear as I decided my fitness kick has lasted long enough to not just be a fad anymore :P
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
That wild yam cream does sound interesting.

For Christmas we focus on the stockings which we fill with treats for each other. Then we exchange a few gifts. I got things like cute pjs, a new bag and money. With the extended family we also tried a secret santa this year.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I didn't give alot of presents but I did get some chocolates, candle and glass pebble decorative bowl thingy, Oasis BB cream and the brush. But I did decide I wasn't going to go all out on presents at Christmas just buy my parents some expensive stuff and then buy myself my Christmas pressie. I did buy myself the Beautylish Lucky Bag.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I got a skinfood bundle gift pack, gorgeous smelling candles, a burts bees gift pack which I love, vouchers, booze, chocolates and an awesome spanky new car stereo :-) I was a happy chick xmas day.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
To make sure I got what I wanted and gave to myself early, Black opium, Revlon eyeshadow quad and hd lips and the Mary Lou Manizer. From my secret santa at work a bottle of grape juice, bath salts, and travel size face cleanser. A friend gave me a diary, calender and candle.

I gave to my brother a Bulgari Aqua.
To my secret santa victims (2 of them) coffee syrup flavors, chocolate spoons and either a chocolate tool kit or make up kit.
To one of my friends a chuppa chup candle, we had agreed to not buy for each other and I saw this and she loves lime and chuppa chups. I couldn't resist.
Another friend got spoiled as we did what her mum used to do for her and buy her lots of little things to use over the year. I bought lots of moisturisers, masks, body wash, hair treatments, dry shampoo, lip sticks and a profusion face palette. I bought her son a small lego set too.
MareeB
5241 posts
I'm still waiting on my Giorgio perfume I ordered from Fishpond ages ago - apparently it's a little bit lost! I got a Mighty Ape voucher gfited to me last week so I ordered some Estee Lauder "Beautiful" which I really love, and which was a favourite of my mother's, so wearing it will remind me of her.
Koni
444 posts
I wanted to highlight my sister's favourite beauty gift - the NZ Brands 2 beauty box (over the Pandora earrings I bought her)!! I was actually quite surprised because she's not the type to get excited over beauty products but she's stoked with her box. She already has a favourite and is set to purchase backups before heading back to Melbourne. *High five BR crew for putting together a fab box*

My favourite gift was hanging out with my first cousins after 15+ years apart.
MareeB
5241 posts
My son bought me a 350g Glasshouse Fragrances candle in vanilla caramel flavour. Wow wow wow - I've had it going for 1/2 an hour the past two nights and it is AMAZING! the beautiful caramel flavour floats right up my hallway and into all the rooms. It is divine.
Macs
5351 posts
That's so nice of him Maree. I smelled that candle when I went into Peter Alexander on Boxing Day.  It's amazing.  I forgot to look if it was reduced. I think I was overwhelmed by all the people . 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I got the same candle Maree....OMG yes it smells amazing. I have it burning right now.
MareeB
5241 posts
I looked them up to see how much they cost - yikesssss!!!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Happy New Year everyone xx

Been awhile since I've been on here, a bit slack oops lol

I was lucky enough to get a Beurer Beauty SatinSkin Pro IPL Hair Remover, so excited to try it.  Was quite taken aback with how much thought that hubby put into as he knows with my condition that I always struggle with unwanted hair especially on my face and it really gets me down.  I've wanted one of these for like ever and now after all these years I have one.  Only problem is I have no idea how to use it and the manual is a tad big ha ha ha.

Anyone else have this product that can give some tips x
littleparadise
178 posts
Belated Merry Christmas ladies! 
I got, two BBBE boxes, I felt very spoilt! New Zealand 2, and the Summer box from my partner and my sister in law got me an Ecostore beauty package which I'm excited to use! I've only used their soaps, so looking forward to using the shampoo/conditioner and body wash and my parents got me Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream perfume. 

Everyone sounds as though they were very spoilt, as you deserve  :-)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!